RCTgo 3.5

[Image: rctgo3.5.png]

I am happy to announce that RCTgo 3.5 is now live at rctgo.net! After more than 4 months of development, where the entire website's code base was rewritten from scratch, it is finally ready for use.

RCTgo 3.5 doesn't look like much, but it packs in a huge number of new features! Cool

Multiple Screenshots
You are now able to upload more than one screenshot with every download. In fact, you can upload as many as you want! Beyond this, you can upload more screenshots at a later date if you choose to, and rearrange the ones that you have uploaded.

Smarter and Easier to Use Uploader
The uploader has been refined once again. Roller coaster and MixMaster object types are now detected automatically based on RCT3's standard naming conventions. Error handling has also been significantly improved, and you can select multiple screenshots at once to upload.

Manage Your Own Downloads
This has been a huge request for years, and it is finally here. You can now manage all of your downloads directly from the website. You can edit the title, description, and RCT3 version of the download, and for Roller Coasters and MixMaster objects, you can edit the type of file, in the case that the Uploader did not determine the correct type. Also, you can reorder your screenshots and upload additional screenshots.

Comments and Ratings
Also a highly requested feature, you can now comment on and rate downloads when logged in with your RCTgo Account. The comment system is similar to a forum thread, meaning you can post multiple comments and edit them at will.

View Single Download
All of these new features have to go somewhere, and this place is the new "View Single Download" page. It has the standard download information box that we've used for years, but it also has all of the screenshots, comments, and the rating feature.

Much More...
The entire website has been cleaned up, which includes not only the layout but all of the information pages, as well. Again, everything was rewritten, from scratch, to make the entire website cleaner and easier to use. The Forums theme has seen an update, as well. The downloads search has been rewritten for easier use, and the downloads database was pruned slightly, to remove any downloads that were missing a file.

One more thing... 1,000 Downloads!
RCTgo currently hosts 1,014 downloads! We actually passed this mark a couple of weeks ago, but I decided to hold off on the announcement until I could make it mean something. At the time of this announcement, there are:
  • 467 Roller Coasters
  • 122 Sandbox Parks
  • 91 Scenarios
  • 148 Buildings
  • 69 MixMaster Objects
  • 31 Peep Groups
  • 60 Pools
  • 26 Custom Scenery Sets

I'd also like to take this time to thank all of you, RCTgo's wonderful members, for staying with us. We really would be nothing without you, and I hope you enjoy the new RCTgo 3.5. Smile
Looks great Belloman!
Sweet, I like it!
RCTgo 3.5 looks awesome! Biggrin
[Image: solarissig.jpg]

"I can see you through the text" - SonicTheSilverHedgehog
Congratulations belloman! Its been a long wait, but its here! Hopefully, this improvement will drag us on through the hard times. RCTgo 3.5, make way for us!
[Image: coaster9hd.png]
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send me a message
It looks like there was a slight error in uploading screenshots, where an error would appear when you try to upload them. This was only a minor issue and has been corrected.

Thanks,
Belloman
Great job Belloman, you are a wonderful designer!
[Image: 3.png]
Sounds great, way to keep it up!
[Image: Dq5art20.jpg]
Formerly known as Jaze
GODLIKE!!!
[Image: LU_Logo-02_Small.jpg]
1000 dowloads! Thats like the amount of downloads that you would have if you put Coasterfreak900's and Jakk's posts together, and transfoming it to downloads!
Current Projects:

Rock 'N' Rollercoaster
Need For Speed ride!!