Abby Normal's things, stuff & "Thinner"

Instead of constantly posting different threads for each crazy thing I work on I will start putting them here.

Today's madness is... Clearcutter. My first time working with rocks and trees. I downloaded about 20 sets of CS of them. I have only used the large trees so far but plan on filling in with the small trees and grasses. I wasn't careful in placing the trees. There was madness to my method. I just clicked as fast as I could alternating mouse clicks with Z and moving the mouse around sporadically while trying to avoid the water .

The rock work is far from done but I have a good start on it. I have only been working on this sandbox for one day so far. It was flat and completely empty yesterday afternoon. I am thinking about building a big castle on top of the bigger mountain.

My twist on the "natural" look can be seen n the video. Of course you know I had to be different. Tongue

Clearcutter, an extended coaster.

Aerial view before I did most of the rock work.
[Image: Cleracutteraerialview.jpg]

For the young ones that don't know... Abby Normal is a Young Frankenstein movie reference.
My Insanely Supported Coaster Vids
Mamba * Menace V2 * Menace V3.1 * Bruiser Falls * Wetness * The Poison
Thinner
Newest:subLIMe
Awesome work as always!! Amazing work with the rocks being the natural supports!! Sweet ride as always!!
I'm not impressed. First, you always use hyper twister trains. Second, you make to long of stations. Third, it's not realistic.
"It's called the ninety-nine mile beach because it is exactly fifty miles long... I don't get it either." Jeremy Clarkson.
I use the extended coaster from Wild!. I like it.

The station is long enough to hold the eight car train. What is behind the station is not station. It is a section of block brakes for blocking the coaster.

I don't do realistic, typical or expected. Everyone does that and I am far from realistic, typical or expected.

Why would I want to spend my time trying to recreate things that already exist in reality? It's been done a million times already by everyone. I do what hasn't been done. What I do is original and creative. It is what I have spent my lifetime doing. Being original. I do not copy anyone or anything. I am a designer, not a copy machine.
Thinner
(Nov 2, 2013, 05:08 PM)Vert Wrote: I'm not impressed. First, you always use hyper twister trains. Second, you make to long of stations. Third, it's not realistic.

Seriously....? It was his first try, cut him some slack.

I think this was great for a first time Happy
All we need is somebody to lean on.
I is learning me some trees! I had to delete all of the in-game trees plus all of the bad CS trees. In-game trees all move in the wind. The good CS trees don't move except for the weeping willows. Bad CS trees are just bad. Very blocky.

I like this shot...
[Image: pond.jpg]

I'd like to slow down the train a little more while it goes over the pond but if I go any slower the train can't make it back to the station on it's own.

I still have to do all of the under-story trees and small plants. I have to delete all of the short dark evergreens. They don't fit in. I am still polishing my rock work to make it look better. I still have a lot to do but it is looking much better now than it did before.

I am thinking about turning my giant dead tree into a live one if I can remember where I saw the tree canopy CS. I have downloaded and installed about 200 CS sets over the past week. Every tree, bush and plant that I can find.

Stats:

Excitement Rating: 8.83 (Very High)
Intensity Rating: 7.31 (High)
Nausea Rating: 4.02 (Medium)
Length: 6,534.62 ft.
Max. Speed: 69.94
Avg. Speed: 26.52
Max. Pos. Vert. G's: 4.81
Max. Neg. Vert G's: -1.51
Max. Lat. G's: 2.99
Air Time: 0:31
Drops: 23
Highest Drop: 169.47 ft.
Inversions: 10
Thinner
Forget what I said, but the trees are good. It would be good enough with inversions more spread out. Cool the supports are rocks, though!
"It's called the ninety-nine mile beach because it is exactly fifty miles long... I don't get it either." Jeremy Clarkson.
This is a peeky sneak at.... The Poison of Ivy

Almost 12,000 ft. long, four minute ride time and good ratings. I used Old Spice's Bullet coaster CTR that he just released. It has a log themed car which is exactly what I wanted. The distance from the lowest to highest track sections is 350 ft. G Forces are reasonable. I terraformed the upper section to fit the coaster. I am working on the somewhat mild custom supports now before I fill it in with trees and weeds like I did the lower section.

My tree work is progressing. I have the lower mild section of this coaster pretty much finished. It is a very short section. The upper section is very long and extreme.

The train.
[Image: Shot0340a.jpg]

The layout. This CTR has an unusual gentle sloped over banked curve in it. The track has to be banked while going uphill to use this track piece.
[Image: Shot0337a.jpg]

Short video of the bottom section plus screenshots.

The ground looks strange because it is painted with rough grass and it has ground conforming ivy covering most of it. It is taking forever to do every green tile with the ivy. I tried making a 25 tile x 25 tile custom structure of the ivy but that caused issues pasting 625 tiles at a time. It made the ivy float in mid air along with covering the ground. It was bad.
Thinner
Sweet Ride man!!
A lot better!