A few suggestions

Hi, I only registered to the site yesterday, but have been exploring the site for about a week. Already, I have some suggestions to put forward and hopefully some of them will increase the size of the website's community.

 A monthly podcast/vodcast including site news, tutorials, the featured coaster ect… This of course would be on all the big podcast directories including iTunes (I have experience with this)

 More competitions, with prizes! Maybe a screenshot comp ect…

 A YouTube channel

 A Twitter account

 Mobile compatible website

 More in-game features, how about making an RCTgo theme park everyone can contribute to?!

I hope you like some of my suggestions, and hopefully some day they will be put in place. Thanks for reading...
CoasterKid
Follow me on Twitter
Follow RCTgo on Twitter
I like some of those ideas.

A Youtube Channel - that would be awesome!

A Twitter account - To keep up with the updates and such.

More competitions, with prizes! Maybe a screenshot comp ect. - We COULD do it, but RCTLounge already has screenshot comp

Mobile compatible website - This is a good idea, but how do expect to a mobile compatible website in this economy?

The two last ideas are okay too. You should let Belloman read this because he might think approving some ideas.
[Image: comp-3.gif]

|Talk to me or just rate me to your liking.|
Glad to know someone else likes my suggestions Smile

I'll take on board your suggestion and PM Belloman with my suggestions. Thanks for your input.
CoasterKid
Follow me on Twitter
Follow RCTgo on Twitter
No problem.
I always like someone suggesting new ideas to improve this site.

I'm taking my part by making a trailer/ad for this site since I have a Youtube account.

Just to let you know I've informed Belloman via PM and also renamed the thread. Can't wait to read his opinions on my suggestions.

Good luck with your trailer, I've also seen your thread and can't wait to see it finished.
CoasterKid
Follow me on Twitter
Follow RCTgo on Twitter
Thanks.

RCTNinfreak, what's ya youtube name?

P.S. I'm all for a tube account, twitter, and a greater variety of competitions. And you know, us users can create compititions as well! Just say "POV contest" and the winner gets a cool sig or avvy or sometin like that!
TO ALL RCTGO USERS
VISIT http://forums.rctgo.net/thread-1461-page...ntest+Tips FOR COASTER-BUILDING TIPS
Once a SuperGoldChicken, always a SuperGoldChicken.
RCTgo's Youtube channel is back online! Check it out here.

Bomb
First, I just want to say please do not add "BELLOMAN PLEASE READ THIS" at the end of thread subjects in this forum. I always make sure I read all of the threads in this forum. Also, please do not send PMs to me that just link to a thread on the forum - kind of pointless. Wink
(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  A monthly podcast/vodcast including site news, tutorials, the featured coaster ect… This of course would be on all the big podcast directories including iTunes (I have experience with this)

Feel free to do something like this, but I won't be able to take part - I don't have enough time to do something like that.

(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  More competitions, with prizes! Maybe a screenshot comp ect…

I've considered starting up a screenshot competition, but like RCTNinFreek said, RCTlounge already has one.

(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  A YouTube channel

I personally don't have any experience with YouTube - I don't have an account myself. What exactly would this do for us?

(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  A Twitter account

I'd be fine with starting one for RCTgo.

(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  Mobile compatible website

Do many people actually visit the website from mobile devices?

(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  More in-game features, how about making an RCTgo theme park everyone can contribute to?!

We have done group parks in the past; if this is an interest for anyone I'd be fine with starting one up.
(Jul 29, 2009, 05:43 PM)SuperGoldChicken Wrote: RCTNinfreak, what's ya youtube name?

P.S. I'm all for a tube account, twitter, and a greater variety of competitions. And you know, us users can create compititions as well! Just say "POV contest" and the winner gets a cool sig or avvy or sometin like that!

My Youtube name is RCTandNintendoFreek.
I already subbed you BTW.

And yeah, I agree with whole user-created competitions. And I get to give the cool sig since I know how to make one..... Smile
(Jul 29, 2009, 06:02 PM)Belloman Wrote: First, I just want to say please do not add "BELLOMAN PLEASE READ THIS" at the end of thread subjects in this forum. I always make sure I read all of the threads in this forum. Also, please do not send PMs to me that just link to a thread on the forum - kind of pointless. Wink
(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  A monthly podcast/vodcast including site news, tutorials, the featured coaster ect… This of course would be on all the big podcast directories including iTunes (I have experience with this)

Feel free to do something like this, but I won't be able to take part - I don't have enough time to do something like that.

No comment.
(Jul 29, 2009, 06:02 PM)Belloman Wrote:
(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  More competitions, with prizes! Maybe a screenshot comp ect…

I've considered starting up a screenshot competition, but like RCTNinFreek said, RCTlounge already has one.

How 'bout we make it different in some sort of way?
(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  A YouTube channel

I personally don't have any experience with YouTube - I don't have an account myself. What exactly would this do for us?

I don't know...maybe CoasterKid's onto something here, but I don't know what. I mean, we already have our own video theater to upload videos.
But I think youtube is for advertisement, I guess...?
(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  A Twitter account

I'd be fine with starting one for RCTgo.
Yayz! At least we keep ourselves updated by Twitter.
(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  Mobile compatible website

Do many people actually visit the website from mobile devices?
Not many people do nowadays.
Unless you have an iPhone or whatever.
(Jul 29, 2009, 12:01 PM)CoasterKid Wrote:  More in-game features, how about making an RCTgo theme park everyone can contribute to?!

We have done group parks in the past; if this is an interest for anyone I'd be fine with starting one up.

Please Belloman? I've never started a group park before and I wanna experience how to do it. I'm willing to help whenever possible!

Just to let you know, doing this post was complicated to write. Tongue
And it's my longest post evah! Biggrin

Quote: A monthly podcast/vodcast including site news, tutorials, the featured coaster ect… This of course would be on all the big podcast directories including iTunes (I have experience with this)

That's fine. I've done some podcasting and vodcasting with my school so I have experience for doing it.

Quote: More competitions, with prizes! Maybe a screenshot comp ect…

I agree with the prizes thing but I'm not sure about something like screenshot competition since RCTlounge already has it. I was thinking about a video competition but not everybody knows how to make videos.

Quote: A YouTube channel

We got that covered with RCTNinFreek's youtube channel. I'm pretty sure he'll put the trailer on his channel to attract more users.

Quote: A Twitter account

I agree with this. We could do that for updates and such.

Quote: Mobile compatible website

I doubt anyone's gonna visit the website from their mobile device. I know I won't.

Quote: More in-game features, how about making an RCTgo theme park everyone can contribute to?!

It's already done here but I would love to have another group made park so I could participate in it.
[Image: solarissig.jpg]

"I can see you through the text" - SonicTheSilverHedgehog