Six Flags Barlow Ridge

Barlow Ridge Amusement Park

Midways were once filled with laughter and smiles at the shuttered Barlow Ridge Amusement Park, which operated from 1941 until 2007, when the property could no longer be sustained.

[Image: ul0h.jpg]
Many historic sites on the property, such as this town hall from 1892, still remain on site.

[Image: ufnx.jpg]
The property's old beautiful midway is overgrown and decrepit.

[Image: 3c0o.jpg]
This wooden coaster was added to the property in 2006 and is believed to have bankrupted the family operation.

[Image: olce.jpg]
The entire property will either be liquidated or sold by the end of this year.
really good! and a wooden ct?!?!?!?! I never known there was one
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity
I have a feeling six flags or something will buy this lol
[Image: Sonicteam1000_zpsa5b32a47.png]
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-IDncV4...ity_view=3
(Nov 22, 2013, 04:25 PM)DorneyPark5 Wrote: really good! and a wooden ct?!?!?!?! I never known there was one

It's not a finalized thing, its a prototype made by coaster-inc
[Image: Sonicteam1000_zpsa5b32a47.png]
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-IDncV4...ity_view=3
Dang, that woodie looks sweet! I love what you did for the buildings, that makes the park look stellar!
Most recent upload: Shockwave
Featured upload: Depths of Atlantis
Barlow Ridge: New Hope?

Today, a number of people took a walk through the property where the true state of the property was known. Some buyers were intrigued, some disgusted and one particular buyer was impressed.

[Image: he6j.jpg]
This coaster operated as a "stand-up" attraction for ten years before the park closed in 2007.

[Image: jr34.jpg]
The property, which is now bank owned, holds much history. This church is over 135 years old.

[Image: 4rbd.jpg]
Attractions like this were spared when the owners received a notice of foreclosure.

[Image: g5bs.jpg]
However, other attractions were quickly and hastily removed to be sold.

[Image: vnig.jpg]
This launched coaster was in the process of being removed before the plot was discovered.

[Image: aojs.jpg]
Some attractions on the property aged poorly and may never operate again.

[Image: 6fnd.jpg]
Some, may never have the chance.
looks good, sad that the park is falling apart, hopefully it will be restored or something Smile
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity
I really like the storyline Smile but yeah agreed with DorneyPark5
Youtube
[Image: image1_zpsa995d196.png]
Welcome to...
SIX FLAGS BARLOW RIDGE

After two years of negotiations and failed attempts, the shuttered Barlow Ridge Amusement Park will reopen this summer as Six Flags Barlow Ridge. While owned by the commonwealth of Kentucky, Six Flags will operate and maintain the property and will retain 94% of all profits made.

My name is David and I've been following the story of this park for some time now. I was lucky enough that Park President, Matt Poler and Kentucky Governer, Steve Beshear gave me an interesting tour of the park:

[Image: 4d1x.jpg]
A new entrance plaza doubles capacity and will utilize new bio-metrics entry systems.

[Image: v88h.jpg]
The iconic ferris wheel, which was once the tallest attraction at the property, has been repainted and received new carts!

[Image: zle4.jpg]
Some park elements are already being tested, thanks to the unseasonably warm weather.

[Image: 2avb.jpg]
New attractions are glaringly obvious.

[Image: ri4k.jpg]
Lots of litigation and time went into returning some old rides to the park, such as Green Lantern!

[Image: 2chs.jpg]
Gov. Beshear let it slip that the original stand-up roller coaster is being removed for a new area to open next year!

[Image: exa6.jpg]
This "madhouse" will reopen with a new theme as "Houdini's Madhouse"

[Image: x76t.jpg]
The park's iconic 305ft. coaster will reopen as Superman: Ride of Steel.

[Image: 96r5.jpg]
Poltergeist has been recovered and is receiving a new, more quiet, launch system.

[Image: qbii.jpg]
This is the first of the park's new attractions: X-Flight, a new Wing Coaster which lets riders feel like they're riding on the wings of an airplane!

[Image: f1wq.jpg]
The second is GOLIATH, the park's newest and only wooden roller coaster, developed by Rocky Mountain Construction!

[Image: y4kx.jpg]
The park opens in a few months, and there's still one more attraction to be announced.

I can't wait!
Wow, that is cool. Superman and Goliath look awesome! Can't wait to see more!
                                                           Total coasters ridden: 66
Soon to be more. Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, and Six flags St. Louis are all upcoming for me. Also possibly Kings Island!