Round 27 Voting

JPGs are better for larger images because they maintain a relatively decent quality while keeping a smaller file size. PNGs are much better for smaller images such as icons and gradients as they allow for transparency and are high quality, while also maintaining a relatively small file size, and I use them quite a bit, if not exclusively, on the website and in the forum theme. BMPs are also high quality; however, they are extremely large and don't play nicely with the server, which is why they are no longer allowed to be uploaded.

However, as far as the thumbnails in the first post go, those are only PNGs because they are automatically generated - I could have the script save them as any file type; I simply selected PNG for the thumbnail generation. If you click through for the full size image of #2 or #3, you'll see that they both are JPG images.
Oh ok.... Smile
Click here to go to my Youtube Channel.
[[Image: tcsworldbanner.png]
Please people join RCTgo it's awesome!
Please join TC's world!
Whichever way you slice it, there are only 3 kinds of images which can be displayed in a web browser.
[Image: coaster9hd.png]
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send me a message
Are those JPEG's, PNG's, and BMP's?

Do you even know a web browser that you have ever seen BMP's images?
Please join TC's world!
The ones that can be seen directly in a web browser are JPEG , GIF and PNG. Other formats require extra steps to display and cannot be displayed directly on a web page. I believe RCTgo used a JavaScript preview screen to show them in the downloads.
[Image: coaster9hd.png]
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send me a message
GIFs make it blur though
I voted Smile
[Image: 3.png]
(Oct 11, 2009, 01:09 PM)coasterfreak900 Wrote: The ones that can be seen directly in a web browser are JPEG , GIF and PNG. Other formats require extra steps to display and cannot be displayed directly on a web page. I believe RCTgo used a JavaScript preview screen to show them in the downloads.

Oh ok thanks.
Please join TC's world!