Goodbye NL1

With NL2 just a few hours away, I wrote a thing:

My association with No Limits began in early 2012. I discovered the demo while doing a school report on gravity and roller coasters, and downloaded it immediately. I was hooked the second I opened the editor. Three days later, I bought the game, and so began my coaster obsession.

Up until that point, I was terrified of any and all roller coasters, but that began to change when No Limits taught me that roller coasters could actually be safe. In the summer of 2012, my cousin came to town, and took me to Belmont Park and Seaworld San Diego. My first real roller coaster was the Big Dipper at Belmont Park.It scared me so bad, I almost peed my pants. But I liked it. The day after that we went to Sea World, and rode the newly built Manta and Journey to Atlantis, both great rides. When I got home, I got to work designing as many rides as possible, all inspired by the three rides I rode that weekend. A few weeks later, I went to Disneyland. Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, the Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and California Screamin' are still some of my favorite rides. The next thing I knew, I was a coaster nerd.

I also discovered the AHG that summer, and later Newton 2. I was producing 2 rides a week by September. My first creations to be uploaded to the internet were made in that time. All of my online activities were through rctgo.com, a small but nice community (not much focus on No Limits, though). There I received some tips and tricks about No Limits and RCT designing. I think its because of their help that I stuck with roller coaster designing.

Then I found the No Limits Exchange.

For a while, I was convinced that the Exchange portion of the sight was the best place to be, and never payed any attention to the forums. The few ratings I received before I joined the forums didn't really help me at all, so I set off in search of a better community. Little did I know that it was already here. After a long and unsuccessful search, I returned to the NLE, and joined the forums. I was instantly amazed at this place, and the people that call it home. I created a few dumb threads and a few stupid posts, and was just as amazed at the communities hostility towards unnecessary threads. After apologizing for my posts, I was a part of the best coaster community ever made.

The times I've had using NL were and are some of the best coaster memories of my life. I've met great people, seen great creations, and had a great time.

YouTube thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvXex5t5F...e=youtu.be
Thanks for sharing.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.