Still not getting it….

Ok, So I'm fairly new to rctgo, and I've been downloading things but only have had success with a few items. All of the tracks I've downloaded didn't show up in the game at all. I'm probably doing something wrong I just don't know what. I've been following this guide by Blu:

C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Atari/Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is the RCT3 main directory for custom objects.

Put custom scenery in C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Atari/Roller Coaster Tycoon 3/Style/Themed.
Put custom tracked rides in C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Atari/Roller Coaster Tycoon 3/cars/tracked ride cars and another folder goes in tracks/trackedrides.
Put custom flat rides in C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Atari/Roller Coaster Tycoon 3/Style/Custom (make a folder named "Custom")/The name of the creator.

Flat rides have specific instructions, so make sure you name the folder what the README says.

Make sure you save your park file before opening any new custom object, for it could crash your game if you didn't install it right.

For other downloads, make sure you have all the custom objects that has been used in the download. Go to C:/users/my documents/RCT3, and put the following things in the following folders:

Tracks - RCT3/Coasters
Waterslides (You have to save with the pool complex that it ends in) - RCT3/Pools
Mixmaster Displays - RCT3/Fireworks
Structures - RCT3/Structures
Peeps - RCT3/Peeps
Parks - RCT3/Parks
Scenarios - RCT3/Scenarios

And I did all the necessary steps for the tracks and they still don't show up. The only thing I didn't put it in was Coasters because I couldn't find the folder for that besides Coaster designs but I wasn't sure if that was it or not. For structures I can't find the folder called Structures. I also saw that you have to go to My Documents/RCT3 for some things and when I went to My Documents/RCT3 I found a folder in it but it was blank and the other one had pictures from the rides. I've just been lost this whole time so if someone could clear this up for me that would be amazing.
if the download has a read me in it, check that. it may have different instruction but in general it should be as blu said. try removing it and re-adding it, might have just messed up
If there was A read me, I did read it and tried to put it in the right area but sometimes it said to go to My Docs/RCT3/Coasters or something and I couldn't find the folder in My Docs
Hi also having problems with custom scenery etc. followed the instruction and it just crashed my game when i try to place items ie. rubbish bin. also the original items are now missing and i can not place any scenery as none is showing in the menu to place. please help - as i do not want to reinstall just to fix this problem and i also want to be able to use some of h=the excellent user gererated content. i am using the steam verision of the game if that makes a difference.
(Apr 26, 2014, 07:20 PM)hiya4210 Wrote: If there was A read me, I did read it and tried to put it in the right area but sometimes it said to go to My Docs/RCT3/Coasters or something and I couldn't find the folder in My Docs

if it says put it in the 'coasters' folder, that is in the 'tracks' folder on the main list. when you go into the folder, it is at the top of the list. basically, go to the same place you would for 'trackrides' but dont pick track rides when you get there

(Apr 27, 2014, 03:57 AM)slayerplauge Wrote: Hi also having problems with custom scenery etc. followed the instruction and it just crashed my game when i try to place items ie. rubbish bin. also the original items are now missing and i can not place any scenery as none is showing in the menu to place. please help - as i do not want to reinstall just to fix this problem and i also want to be able to use some of h=the excellent user gererated content. i am using the steam verision of the game if that makes a difference.

unless you can find and remove all the CS you have installed, you are going to have to re-install the game and start again. next time you install CS/CTRs/ect... install one at a time, checking the game between each one. it will take a long time but at least if one of the CS sets is messing with the game, you will know which one it is
Okay premade coasters go in the Documents section on your computer.

Custom tracked rides go in the Program Files section.

You seem to have gotten them confused. If not, can you be more specific as to what problems you're having?
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(Apr 27, 2014, 09:06 PM)Blu Wrote: Okay premade coasters go in the Documents section on your computer.

Custom tracked rides go in the Program Files section.

You seem to have gotten them confused. If not, can you be more specific as to what problems you're having?

I am also having a problem. I've managed to get {hper twist}Hurricane in the right place, so it shows on the coaster list. But when I try to put in my park it is saying "No objects in file". Is the problem mine or a bad download?

Just tried downloading {Giga}Frostbite and am having the same problem with it.
Try another download. Easy problem to solve.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(May 1, 2014, 12:28 PM)Blu Wrote: Try another download. Easy problem to solve.

Tried downloading another coaster, [WaterCoaster]Journey To Atlantis and same thing.

I've tried 2 different locations:

C:/Users/JR/My Documents/RCT3/Coasters
They don't show up on the coaster list in the game

C:/Program Files (X86)/Atari/Roller Coaster Tycoon® 3/Coaster Designs
This is when they show up on the coaster list. But when I try to put ride in the park, I click on the name and all the stats in that window show up as question marks and when I click on the green check mark I get the message "No Data In File"

Apparently I don't have a clue how to do this because I've downloaded 2 parks and all I can get when I load them is a wide open space. What am I missing? I'm trying to load Hyper Coaster.dat and Ludi 2.dat. Do I need to download other things to go with these or should just the file for the park work. Please help.
I have never heard of this error before so I looked it up.

iamjackscleverusername has posted on RCTlounge about a similar problem he has:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything when I searched for this error. I've had the Mac version of RCT3 for awhile now and "No objects in file" has always come up when I try to open coasters I download. I put them into the coasters folder (Documents-RCT3-Coasters) and I know they're all .trk files. I've tried reinstalling the game or deleting the Coasters folder, but nothing helps. This isn't a major issue, but I would like to know if anyone knows a way to fix this. Thanks.

and I notice that although his post of over a year old it didn’t get any responses.

I presume from that post that you’re also using a MAC. I understand RCT3, MAC and Windows 8 are not as compatible as we’d like. Further, I understand the file hierarchy for the Steam version is different from the file hierarchy for other versions of this game.

The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall the game again. Reinstall it one final time. After reinstall run the RCT3 once for the first time with nothing custom added. After doing that successfully, take a copy of your Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon3 folder and put it in a safe place – keep this copy safe and don’t change it – and let’s call this copy file “B”. The file that you copied from to get file “B,” we’ll call that original file file “A”. At this point, everything you do with RCT3 should be with file “A.” This way if you ever need to reinstall you can simply delete the screwy “A” folder and copy into its place the unadulterated “B” folder and that’s it – that will be your reinstall.

Next, just to be sure you’re downloading and processing your files correctly take a look at this post:

http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-7362-post...l#pid83286

Then to confirm what file goes where take a look at this post:

http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-13481-pos...l#pid97612

I’ve never used MAC, use Windows Vista and my game was installed off disk so this is the best I can suggest. I have no idea where you’d find support for this problem regarding any possible relation it might have to MAC, Windows8 or Steam. However, some of these suggestions should improve your situation. Let us know how you get along.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.