Bushkill Park

Hey guys this is a little thread on a park I'm building in RCT2. The name is based off of a local old park where I live. This is probably my most detailed park so far. I'm learning new things a long the way. I just got the hang of making decent buildings. Enjoy. Any questions on the rides and names let me know.

Theres 2 wodden rollercoasters so far
3Dark rides, A haunted mill, Spooky jungle and a woodsy Dino ride
3 Flat rides

[Image: SCR5_zps233721fe.png]

[Image: SCR6_zps5f613d20.png]

[Image: SCR8_zps8793720e.png]

[Image: SCR9_zps76c3c9a6.png]

[Image: SCR7_zps9af8b502.png]

[Image: SCR10_zpscd04e5ff.png]

[Image: SCR11_zpsa04923a6.png]

[Image: SCR12_zps5df9145d.png]

[Image: SCR14_zps42a57bfc.png]

[Image: SCR13_zps5acd4c3c.png]

[Image: SCR15_zpsb59fe361.png]

[Image: SCR16_zps640b8e73.png]

[Image: SCR17_zps29c2e08e.png]
Do you have a link to the images for your work. They are not showing up on this forum page. I'd like to see what you've done. I'm sure it's good. Smile
Crap... Guess my pictures don't work. Ill update them now give me a few mins Smile
Well, i see some potential in it. Some parts are nice and some parts are a bit weird.

I would allways recommend, dont use scenary objects from the addon packs -> because they dont fit with the original objects and dont fit with RCT2 graphic, too.

The station from the woodie looks actually not bad, but the part that is build above the "wood-fence" looks strange. Because brickwalls with an 10m height are only hold/supported from some wooden fences with little poles?!
And i would suggest, dont build all roofs at the same level or the same direction -> looks blocky and boring
Try to mix it up on some parts and give the walls some details, than it could be look much better and more realistic.

Another thing are the tent-roofs over the whole queue-line on every single ride. These are only for sun-protection in real, so they aren't build over the whole path. I would suggest to break it up and place only a few of it on different places above the queue, maybe on positions were an Queue-TV is placed. than it looks less blocky and boring and every queue is a bit different from the other.

Than we have this full covered water-ride. That looks like an hybrid of dark-ride and open ride.
A bit strange. If you want to become a more covered look over it, use the flat "steel crossing" support part and place bushes/shrubs/flowers above it. So you become an more natural looking covering than these rusty steel roofs. And again, don't cover everything of an track (only dark-rides are full covered)

One the last screen the idea with the "flowerbeds" are actually not bad, but same like the roof, mix it up.
Peeps want to see more variety in it. If you travel to an real amusment park they didn't have only one flower with one color in it. They have different ones Smile

And the same counts for RCT, but only if you want to build realistic.
If you want to build "fantasy-style" than you can do what ever you want Wink

So, my suggestions are only for more realistic looking. Smile

Long text, with alot of criticsm in it, but i hope you can understand some of the suggestions i gave.
And if you want to change some parts, okay, but i would say. Leave it as it is, and build your style to the end.
After that you can start a new project and you can try out some of my suggestions.
So you can see the different and maybe you like it or even not.

Maybe, members like "NieSch" or "Terry Inferno" have some hints for you, too.
Because both of them are great RCT2 designers here.

Lg Cheleste

PS: for some inspiration/information check out NE-Design (elite RCT 1&2 Community)
http://www.nedesigns.com/
My Feedback can hurt like a
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4698]
I see what you mean about most of the stuff, The first wooden coaster station was actually the first building that I created on RCT2 however the sandbox that I'm using only has a few pieces of scenery I'm going to create a new one with more scenery because I came to realize I am running out of stuff to use haha. Ill fix some things that are not too time consuming. I want to start on a bigger park as soon as I can, Ill post some update pictures in a little bit. Thank you though!
If you want to play with CSO's for RCT2 than i suggest, to use this workbench/Sandbox from NewElements.
Its the 2013 version and is really good and have alot of things and most standart parts are recolorable (especially the trees) that helps alot to become more variety into it.

Download-Link:

NE-Workbench 2013 by Louis
http://www.nedesigns.com/topic/27128/ne-workbench-2013/

If you are new to RCT2 with CSO's its a bit tricky to work with, because you have alot of tiny objects and you need alot of it to build Buildings/Stations with it. But the result is a much realistic looking.

A screen from my Station for an GCI-Woodie that i build with CSO and this workbench:

I'm so stupid, this was build with "Xtreme97 Workbench 2013" not with Louis one. Sry for the wrong info.
Download-Link for Xtreme97's Workbench 2013:
http://www.nedesigns.com/park/2871/xtrem...ench-2013/

Lg Cheleste
Wow that looks sweet, I keep having problems with the workbenches for some reason only the industrial 75x75 works for me ill download those and try them out soon, I have like 3-4 more rides to build then the park will be filled then I can start a new one hopefully on a new workbench like those. Thanks for the links and ill update some more pictures soon.

So far I added an out and back hyper coaster, double free fall/drop rides and now I'm adding a indoor 90's space theme roller coaster.
UPDATE 8/17/2014 Almost wrapping up the park, I do however need some ideas on how to dress up the indoor coaster I'm a little stumped on how to make it look more appealing. I still have some more secrecy to add and some more flat rides to fill up the last few spots till i go over and fill it in with trees/paths/shops

[Image: SCR20_zpsb5b02a0a.png]

[Image: SCR19_zpsaeaae835.png]

[Image: SCR23_zps3d10ef71.png]

[Image: SCR28_zps85b47139.png]

[Image: SCR30_zps5512e097.png]

[Image: SCR27_zps8032b2af.png]

[Image: SCR26_zpsd4e8cb43.png]

[Image: SCR24_zps059d647c.png]

[Image: SCR25_zps45562182.png]
Uff, this is a really "big black box thing" Eek

I would suggest to build the whole track way lower, maybe the max low level you can build. Than the whole Structure is less high. After that you sould play around the box and add some different platforms/roofs in different heights besides of it, to loose the big block look.

What i've over seen in the past is, that you build your main pathes two/three squares wide, thats really good. Smile
Wide pathes let the scenary/attractions "breath" and gives an non crowded and realistic look.

Wider than three squares can be end up with an peep-jam, that is one thing no one wants.
To avoid peep-jams, you can build "exit ways" in the underground from potential peep-jam areas.
These "exit pathes" goes directly to the exit of the park, so the peeps have an fast exit path if they want to go home.
The Exit-Pathes should be coverd, because they didn't exist in real, they are only an option for big parks in RCT. a good option is to build a food/drink building around these pathes so no one see it. Smile

Lg Cheleste
Okay so I just got back home now ill take a few hits of the wacky tabacky and see what I can come up with, I really dislike that whole ride come to think of it so I'm just going to clear the whole thing and start fresh. Something more smaller and like you said max debth. Also I think ill make it small enough to disguise it in maybe a big shop and have the entrance come out with the shops.

I love building my paths at least two wide for main areas, Its more realistic than just the single path. Also that peep exit is a great idea. I think ill put 3 anchor points around the park for quick and easy access for the peeps , I'm also thinking of maybe making another dark ride but I find myself very limited to the scenery literally. I have like 3 industrial tabs and a few coaster accessories. I cannot wait to start on a new park. I might record it and time laps the whole thing not sure yet. Anyways thanks for helping me fix up my park hopefully it will be done tonight!