COLOSSUS IS CLOSING?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-co...story.html

Dang. Frown

I know that roller coasters get replaced all the time, but even though I've never even been to Magic Mountain Colossus was still special to me because of the version in RCT 2. I wish I could've ridden it for real...

It'll be interesting to see what it gets replaced with, though!
They are making it a duelling RMC Inverting woodie Wink
I need a new signature.
Well, its the truth that Coaster-Fans looses one of the best Woodies of the planet.
I've been on Collossus mayn times and it was defently a great Coaster.
And normally parks restore old Woodies or replace old parts of the supports.
But Collossus wasn't an normal old Woodie, because of his size. If Six flags replaced parts of the supports the track was closed a few days/weeks.
If these things happens several times in an amusement park saison, than the coaster isnt profitable.
And without profit, the park cant expand or repair current rides.

I think the decission from the Six Flags Bosses was right, but surely an hard one.

A Problem could be the part of the "internal" competition that Six Flags has. Every park wants to have the "best" coasters in each category, thats why these parks are great for Coasterjunkies, but not really beautiful or for family fun.
Some smaller parks in the US and Europe have less good/best coasters, but beautiful landscapes.

With this in mind, it seems, that we become 2016/17 a new modern Coaster on the place were Colossus was.
Maybe a "Hybrid" from RMC or a newer/modern steel one from other manufactures.
If they hear of some "older" park visitors and SixFlags Fans than they should build a new Woodie.
In fact that they have already an GCI Woodie, an option would be a Woodie from CCI.

But we'll see what Six Flags plans for the big space that Collossus are given.

R.I.P. Collossus
(we miss you and it was fun to been on you)

Lg Cheleste
My Feedback can hurt like a
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4698]
99.9% chance they will "RMC it". Evidence being, they are fully booked for this year.