Why the negativity?

I've noticed this recently at several sites and the RCT3 official forums, and the RCT3 chats... I've decided to post my thoughts here, to see what you think.

Well, because of one article saying Atari did poorly last quarter, everyone is being extremely negative and calling it "Atari's Downfall." Who ever said Atari was falling?

Betatestadmin Wrote:Let's see how things play out, but it's fairly unlikely we'll be going anywhere soon. Hopefully we will continue supporting RCT3 and the expansions, and you know if there's another expansion myself and Ken do care and are right here with you for another beta to do our part in making the game much better than it otherwise would be.
Yes, I know Ken is no longer part of the team, but other people are still there. See that? It's farily unlikely we'll be going anywhere soon. Why would he say that if he didn't mean it? Why must everyone think Atari is falling when they may just be having a little financial drop that they can get out of. From what I hear, this happens all the time - maybe they'll go bankrupt, but that'll give them time to restructure. Look at the airlines - several of them have gone bankrupt and risen again and are still functioning, right?

Also, according to another article, Atari is phasing out their in-company development and switching to out-of-company development, using companies such as Frontier. Whoopee for us! RCT won't ever die, how could it? A community as strong as this one, and such a vast, worldwide, several age group community.

Let's stop the negativity and get to the good stuff - the game we all came here for - the game, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.
*Third time posting due to stupid online...*

Anyway, I'm no whizz at business (Mainly due to business is so boring and I fall asleep), and I just listen to what everyone says. However, now that I think about it, you're right. I mean look at the E.T. instant. I believe you now. Man, I'm so stupid. :lol:

Edit: Even if Atari DID own the rights of RCT, they could always sell it. And Chris Sawyer if he had it could look for someone new.
[Image: rctzmainpicsig5cn.png]
My Website! www.rctzone.co.nr

My theme parks:
Space World
Golf
I am in the negative bello, so I guess you can throw me into the pen with the others. I just don't think with all these problems going on with Atari that they will be able to recover. Ken A a senior producer left Atari no reason for it(maybe it's personal), and that whole Chris Sawyer to sue Atari thing(I don't know to much about this) but, it seems like everyday theres somthing new.
DaDude Wrote:Edit: Even if Atari DID own the rights of RCT, they could always sell it. And Chris Sawyer if he had it could look for someone new.
Don't think this would work because the "style" of the game would be mixed up switiching from companies like that. I would just like to here some kind of news telling us that Rct3 isn't dead.
Who's Ken?

Nevermind I found out at Hyperthrills.
[Image: logoea1.png]
-comment removed by user-
[Image: Ardy.png]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmaxReBtNPqcVLoiK-63G...DmPu1BSI7w]
Twitter - Twitch
Who needs realism when you have creativity?
Don't kill yourself kids!
Why bring this up again, even if its a sticky; it still was posted in 2006!
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.