RCT3 Game lagging...can anyone help?

I'm just curious to see if there is anyway I can fix this annoying lag that happens when the park has lots of rides in it and / or very busy, I would appricate some advice rather than ' UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS, UPDATE THIS, UPDATE THAT ' Really? I'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date, they where the last time I checked anyway. Here are my PC (Well laptop) specs :

HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC
Processor : Intel® Pentium® CPU N3520 @ 2.16GHz 2.16 GHz (I'm copying everything down exact BTW)
Installed type : 4.00GB (3.89 GB usable)
System type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition : Windows 8.1

Oh I have DirectX 11 if your wondering.
Please help if you can.

EDIT : The RCT3 I'm using is one that's compatible with windows vista and windows 7, my original disk didn't work so I had to go the nearest GAME to get one, surprising I found an updated versian compatible with windows vista and 7, anyway I should stop telling you about my life

EDIT 2 : It lags like crazy when placing down a pre built coaster, and building certain types of coaster as well
this is a mix of a lot of stuff.
-the game itself lags a lot when there is a lot of stuff on screen, doesnt matter what your specs are
-the save files can only go up to 12mb in size, the closer you get to that the more it lags
-placing pre-built coasters always lags. as for building with certain coasters, they are probably CTs and they always lag
(Nov 3, 2014, 02:03 PM)SUPER MOOSE93 Wrote: this is a mix of a lot of stuff.
-the game itself lags a lot when there is a lot of stuff on screen, doesnt matter what your specs are
-the save files can only go up to 12mb in size, the closer you get to that the more it lags
-placing pre-built coasters always lags. as for building with certain coasters, they are probably CTs and they always lag

Thanks for that clear up, I've been searching for hours on the internet.