REALLY?!?!?!?!?

RCT3. Love it or hate it, I think it's safe to say we have all had it crash at least once in our time playing the game. I have lost count of how many times it has crashed, and my computer sports an AMD A-10 6800k with a radeon 8670D graphics card. We're talking power over 5 times what the recommended specs for the game are. And yet, it still crashes. After a short burst of either anger or depression, usually I start the game right back and continue from the last save, happy as can be.

But not today....

After about an hour of lost work, and an hour of me being ticked off, I tried to start up the game again. The load screen starts running, and then it crashes again, with an error box popping up on the screen. Error msvcr71.dll. File corrupted. And the anger started again.

Seriously Atari? Who makes a game that is capable of deleting its OWN .dll files when it crashes?! WHY?!?!?!?! No other game does this! That's a simple code error that was skipped over when the tested this game... Laziness to the extreme....

But oh well, at least I got it from Amazon. Just have to wait another 10 hourse before I can play it again. (The only reason it is 10 hours is that i am currently also copying my many files of CS and CTRs into a zip on google drive. This slows down bandwidth to the extreme, slowing down the download speed from Amazon. Ugh. CS is great and all, but when it takes this long to copy files, it's a real pain.)

RCT3 gets on my nerves sometimes. It's just to fun to stay mad at though, so I decided to vent on here.

Enjoy my misfortune!

And on a side note.... RCTW anyone? Smile
(As long as Atari isn't lazy again...)
Don't stall, don't stall, don't stall...
It stalled....

~TFK

didnt read all that but if it is crashing, its either a fualty CS set/item, or your park file is getting too big. 12mb is pretty much the max if it hasnt packed in by then
I remember once before I got into CS, I built a park (An actual good quality park too) on the max size map filled completely with rides, scenery and all that stuff. Unfortunately for me the park was too massive and it crashed every time I tried to load it in. I had to eventually delete it since I couldn't load it Frown
I've had my fair share of frustration with RCT3 and custom scenery. What a head-ache, to do all of that work and to lose it all. I feel for you, I really do. Sometimes, I wonder why I continue to torture myself with the game, but I keep at it cause I really like the game and the results when it works right. I'm running the game on a Windows 8.1 64 - Bit Operating System, x64 based processor and 6.00 GB of memory. I was surprised when I could run some of the older games I like on this system. Sometimes I have to re-install the game completely. Including removing the ATARI File from my hardrive. It's a pain, but the only thing that has worked for me.
Trust me guys, I'm well aware of why it crashed. I, for some reason, decided to set the game on a lower graphics setting than my graphics card can run. And yes, there is suuch a thing as to low of graphics. RCT3 can go a lot higher, but I was looking for performance. Unfortunately, the graphics processor overloaded trying to render a graphic setting that it was unable to. This, in turn caused the computer to immediately close the program causing the distrubance, RCT3. Hence resulting in a crash. My anger came in the fact that RCT3 loaded a .dll file that is standard with the game, and corrupted it becuase the program was also trying to set the graphics at a standard the GPU could register. When the game crashed, this file became corrupted becuase RCT3 was trying to modify it to fit a new graphics standard. Programs now aren't supposed to do that. It's an error common from the RCT1 days, and should've been fixed by the time RCT3 came out.

Oh well... Lesson learned. I really don't know why I didn't expect this... I run skyrim on full 1080p HD at 60+ fps. Oops.

Essentially, the computer is to powerful to run RCT3 at such a low level. Figures. :/

(Nov 15, 2014, 10:55 PM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: I've had my fair share of frustration with RCT3 and custom scenery. What a head-ache, to do all of that work and to lose it all. I feel for you, I really do. Sometimes, I wonder why I continue to torture myself with the game, but I keep at it cause I really like the game and the results when it works right. I'm running the game on a Windows 8.1 64 - Bit Operating System, x64 based processor and 6.00 GB of memory. I was surprised when I could run some of the older games I like on this system. Sometimes I have to re-install the game completely. Including removing the ATARI File from my hardrive. It's a pain, but the only thing that has worked for me.

This is exactly what I have to do. It's the third time now. Little bit of hair-tearing with this program.
It stalled....

~TFK

(Nov 17, 2014, 11:56 PM)TheFireKing Wrote: Trust me guys, I'm well aware of why it crashed. I, for some reason, decided to set the game on a lower graphics setting than my graphics card can run. And yes, there is suuch a thing as to low of graphics. RCT3 can go a lot higher, but I was looking for performance. Unfortunately, the graphics processor overloaded trying to render a graphic setting that it was unable to. This, in turn caused the computer to immediately close the program causing the distrubance, RCT3. Hence resulting in a crash. My anger came in the fact that RCT3 loaded a .dll file that is standard with the game, and corrupted it becuase the program was also trying to set the graphics at a standard the GPU could register. When the game crashed, this file became corrupted becuase RCT3 was trying to modify it to fit a new graphics standard. Programs now aren't supposed to do that. It's an error common from the RCT1 days, and should've been fixed by the time RCT3 came out.

Oh well... Lesson learned. I really don't know why I didn't expect this... I run skyrim on full 1080p HD at 60+ fps. Oops.

Essentially, the computer is to powerful to run RCT3 at such a low level. Figures. :/

(Nov 15, 2014, 10:55 PM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: I've had my fair share of frustration with RCT3 and custom scenery. What a head-ache, to do all of that work and to lose it all. I feel for you, I really do. Sometimes, I wonder why I continue to torture myself with the game, but I keep at it cause I really like the game and the results when it works right. I'm running the game on a Windows 8.1 64 - Bit Operating System, x64 based processor and 6.00 GB of memory. I was surprised when I could run some of the older games I like on this system. Sometimes I have to re-install the game completely. Including removing the ATARI File from my hardrive. It's a pain, but the only thing that has worked for me.

This is exactly what I have to do. It's the third time now. Little bit of hair-tearing with this program.

I've kind of given up using the scenarios to build my parks. (even though the entrance is not my favorite).
(Nov 18, 2014, 12:55 AM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: I've kind of given up using the scenarios to build my parks. (even though the entrance is not my favorite).

Yeah, I haven't played in the scenarios in years. After I orginally beat the game, I've always used sandbox or the actual park editor. Makes life a little easier without the money limitations.
It stalled....

~TFK

I actually had #2 crash on me a lot more than #3. Automatic updates and PC messages seem to be the thing that always destroys my game -.-
I do use the editor option, but still was having issues with it. But I also thin IBRADI is right be regarding "PC Messages and Automatic updates" causing problems. I usually change the settings to that. I'm using windows 8.1. Updates aren't always good. Smile Sometimes the pc messages will through you out of your game or stop it all together. Haven't been able to figure out how to stop the pc messages yet.
(Nov 19, 2014, 04:10 PM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: I do use the editor option, but still was having issues with it. But I also thin IBRADI is right be regarding "PC Messages and Automatic updates" causing problems. I usually change the settings to that. I'm using windows 8.1. Updates aren't always good. Smile Sometimes the pc messages will through you out of your game or stop it all together. Haven't been able to figure out how to stop the pc messages yet.

As of windows 7, you can't. And I too can relate a lot of crashes back to pop-ups. Happens all the time
It stalled....

~TFK