[WIP] "Lygo" - Terrain B&M Sitdown (RCT2/NCSO)

After my long break from RCTgo i'm slowly back into RCT.
Before i work on my older big projects, i thought i would be a good idea, to start with some small stuff.
So i digged out a old design, that i found in an old safegame, and reworked it.

The Layout is really short for a B&M Sitdown, but that's what i want. Long layouts need more work on everything, and infact of my rehabilation and muscle-training after my motorcyle accident i haven't the time to work on big ones.

"Lygo" is a shorty for "Lygodactylus Willamsi" and it means "Turquoise Dwarf Gecko".
These reptils are really tiny and the annoying/sad thing is, that they are threatened with extinction.
Because of there amazing and exotic "blueish/green" colors they are popular to buy it.

As allways, i start with the Logo of the ride.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4641]

Overview/Layout:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4642]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4643]

There's nothing more than the Layout, but you'll noticed markings here and there.
I'll shortly explain which color-grid stands for.

Green-Grid: shows the boundary/area that i have in mind for theming
Red-Grid: shows the footpath that leads around the coaster more/less
Yellow-Grid: shows future tunnel-sections and burrows
Purple-Grid: station & transfer (the transfer will be look like a double-station from a B&M Flyer)

Grey-Rock: represents the main hill part where the coaster is build around, because it'll be a terrain layout
Brown-dirt: will be entrance-plaza, where the Queue starts, the Q-Line interacts with the coaster on some parts
Checkerground: the area where the souvenirs/restrooms building will be.
The Exit path leads right into the Souvenirs-building, also the main path goes through this building.

Red-Rock: represents the middle of my Workbench (i use my own 2014 NCSO workbench)

Infact that most of this area will be green/brown painted in the end and as you can see the coaster track is green/brown too, maybe you understand why i post this early screen of it.
In the end, only the "blueish" Coaster-trains poping out of the "green-hell" that i have in mind.

Why this camo-coaster-look?
Well, i thought that the trains should represent the "Gecko", so they are blue/green painted.
The track itself should be as much natural as it can be, because with all the scenary around it sould give a look like that the "Gecko" will run through the ground shrubbery, under stones/burrows, jump from leaf to leaf, and things like that.
This "illusion" is only buildable if the coaster-track itself is more/less camouflage.

Station will be a reworked "Restaurant" with a reptile showroom below.
In the past people could take a look at different reptiles in the basement, and upstairs there was a restaurant.
For the coaster design the park-managment thought, that the restaurant can be placed away from the small hill, and a part of the Q-Line will be lead the guests through the reptile showroom.
The idea behind is stolen/copied from SeaWorld's "Manta" where the Q-line goes through some "Aquariums" and you can watch fishes as long as you wait.
The same happens on "Lygo", only with reptiles insteed of fishes.
I think its an cool alternative to all Q-Line-TV's.
Bad thing, you won't see it in the end. because of RCT2, it's only for explanation, the rest is imaginataion Smile

Sorry for the long text, but i allways like to explain my thoughts after my builds.
I can't build only things without any backstory blush

Thanks for reading.

Tell me your thoughts about it, any Feedback is appreciated and can help me.
Hope i can post more screens with much more going on in the next few days.

So long, Cobra Cool
Keep it everytime fair and with enough respect for each other!
Yay cobra is backk
looks cool.

But I have small time for rct3 but not much
so I just made a park in free space

Jinglebells
center][Image: L7zldSd.png][/center]
Wow, interesting! Always enjoy seeing themed RCT2 tracks.
I need a new signature.
I like how you explain your ideas behind your projects and update them. Maybe one of these days I'll actually finish a park/coaster Smile
I look forward to seeing your progress.
Lygo-Update-1:
-----------------
Because of the reason that the first screens are some days older, i can show you the process of "Lygo" today with some screens. The screens will show you the current status, so everything is just in time.
Next update hopefully comes this weekend.

Enough talk, let's go into it Tongue

As usual, start with an overview:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4644]
You'll notice, that i'm a bit out of the boundary, but that should be not a big deal.
The pathway is slightly changed infact of some issues, maybe this large hill could be a reason? Wink

Close-Ups:
------------
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4645]
In this close-up you'll see the sation basement that is digged out to give enough room for the terrariums that holds the small lizards and reptiles inside that guests can watch it from the Q-Line.
Also you will see that tere is a second track that leads right into the normal track with an s-bend.
This is done with another coaster and with some magic.
(for RCT2 there isn't any options.txt to change some track-intersections, so this is done different)
The Entrance-Plaza is rather small, but for a shorty like "Lygo" it's enough, i think.
Queue starts twisty than follows the terrain and goes below the lifthill, right through the hill.
On the otherside more twisty Queue, below the Corkscrew, right into the station from the backside.

And yes, i'm playing as an Entertainer, too Biggrin

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4646]
Here we've got the first two inversions of "Lygo", a small Loop, fallowed by a Zero-G-Roll.
I tried a compromise between terrain-layout and enough looking space for guests who walking around the coaster. Hopefully, after adding foliage, there is enough room for peeps to see the coaster-train through the trees.
Also you can see some of the tunnels/burrows. They are rather short, because i didn't want to much dark areas on the coaster.
Than we have this small or tiny river. Well, i'm not sure if he should stay or not. because of the idea that there would be a Log-Flume nearby it makes sense, on the other hand i build only the coaster first, so no river is needed.
The path that leads up to the Zero-G-Roll, is for emergency-exit and also for repair/maintenance of the Safety-Net (this will be added later).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4647]
Here we have the 180°-overbank-turn (can't be better done with RCT2, sry) and the half-tunneld 360°-Helix.
I you look closer, you'll notice a problem/glitch that happens if we digging in a Helix-Track-Piece in RCT2. The transition from big2small helix glitches badly. I can't raise the terrain to much, because of the smoothness of it. So i go with an compromise here. And i go primary with a smooth terrain looking, so i deal with this ugly glitch.
The path goes through a smaller hill, that holds a Drink-Stall inside, so guests can go for refreshness and sit down in the shadow.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4648]
Now we come slowly to the end, but first we have this double interaction from the Queue with the corkscrew, the third and last inversion on "Lygo". This part is a small copy of "Black-Mamba" from Phantasialand, where the Queue also goes right below the second Corkscrew.
After this, the train crosses his own track below and another exit-pathway that leads from the breakrun to the mainpath.
The photo-section is maybe a bit out of place, but this is the only option where it fits. The whole Layout has so much turns and twistys in it that i didn't have any other spots to place it.
Right infront of the Corkscrew there is a straight one, but that is coverd with the queue.

On the leftside, there is the souvenir and restromm area. As you can see, the exit-path of "Lygo" leads right into it. The restrooms are directly placed nearby. The three souvenir-stalls are placed in line of the mainpath, that leads through the building.
There we've got "Lygo-Shirts" (allways necessary for a coaster to sell t-shirts), a souvenir- and baloon-stall are the other two in this row. It's good to have umbrealls all around and baloons, well every child loves baloons, or not? Rolleyes

That's it for "Update-1" of "Lygo", as you can see, i'm close to year 6, that means 6-hours of building and i only have the terrain around it and pathing. Alot more to do, but alot more to see for you in the future, right?

Questions? Suggestions? Feedback? Everything is appreciated!

So long, Cobra Cool
I like many things about your design/concept/layout/thought process, etc. Look forward to continue updates. I'll check when I can.
as a fellow RCT2 player, I have a lot of respect for the fact that you build up all that land around it
Looks great!
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

I lyge it. Keep up the good work. Wink
[Image: HnAiYLa.png]
(Apr 1, 2015, 10:51 PM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: I like many things about your design/concept/layout/thought process, etc. Look forward to continue updates. I'll check when I can.
Thank you Amy, well don't be shy, if you don't like something about it say it. It's allways good to see other people opinions and sights about a creation.

(Apr 1, 2015, 10:57 PM)naveisawesome Wrote: as a fellow RCT2 player, I have a lot of respect for the fact that you build up all that land around it
Looks great!
There's no respect needed, Nave. It's only a time question to raise/lower the land and if you have a small plan in your head it goes halfway fast Smile. Only the smoothing out and finishing needs more time, if it should look natural in the end. But thank you very much for your nice words.

(Apr 2, 2015, 03:49 AM)NieSch Wrote: I lyge it. Keep up the good work. Wink
Niesch, you're the joker, this nameplay is funny. Well, i hope i can keeping up the skill-level.
Thanks.

Never thought, that this become so much feedback, because its RCT2 and not alot of the people play it or even know it.
Thank you for all of your nice words about my small project, but if you find something bad in it, pls let me know. As the creator i see the project from an different angle than you, and so i could have mistakes in it.

FYI: i started up foliage and rockwork yesterday, also i placed a catwalk on the lifthill and the breakrun and i added a safety-net right below the Zero-G-Roll.

You'll maybe think this isn't possible with RCT2 and NCSO's, well with some "magic" it is i tell you Wink
Maybe i post some teaser screens later to answer your thoughts about it (how does he do that and how does it look)

So long, Cobra Cool
Lygo-Update-2a:
------------------

This time no Overview, because of issues. I work on multiple spots, so there isn't to much going on that an overview screen is needed.
Let's go directly into the close-ups:

Close-Ups:
------------
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4649]
As i said, some rockwork/foliage beneath the custom first-drop to give the illusion that a "Gecko" is running over a stone formation. That's why i painted some trackparts more stone-colored for camouflage. Yes, the "rocks" are made of "gum/fruit drops". It's an really good use for these scenary items beside there normal use. With some foliage and also the ruins from the egypts-theme it works very well. Maybe i'll stack some rocks over each other to bring more variation into it. Currently its more a field of stones and shrubbery.

Aside from the rockfield, you'll see the "Catwalk" or the "4D-Coaster", well both is right, it's the 4D-coaster lifthill that is used to be the Catwalk Smile. This happens again with some magic.

Than i create a small Looping support, there i used a gumdrop as the end/top of a vertical steelpost.

Also, i used a "Bobsled-Coaster" trackpart to create a Safety-Net below the Zero-G-Roll.
Only supports for the Safety-Net are missing, that comes laterly.

A small trelis structure over the pathway where climbing flowers like ivy can grow was also build.
The Entrance-Plaza has become a sign and some fences. Lot to do on this spot.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4650]
different-angle
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4651]
I wrote that the Station from "Lygo" was a restaurant in the past, so the park misses a completly spot for guests where they can buy food/drink. After a long looking around, i found a spot for the new version of "Lizardy's".
That's the name of the old restaurant, and for some nostalgic flair, the new one holds the old name.
It's smaller than the old one, but thats ok, a big one isn't needed any more.
The screen shows the blueprint of it, we have a Lemonade and Pizza stall in it and also one Restroom. We've got a big inside area, but also a decent outside sitting area.
The spot is a bit off the coaster, so that guests can chill and enjoy the silence of the nature around.

Also the Safety-Net below the Zero-G-Rol can be spotted again, with the maintenance path leading to it.
A little old looking bridge build of wood leads over the river, and had also trelis-grids on both sides.
They are for security-issues and also again for climbing foliage like ivy. But currently nothing grows up there.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4652]
different-angle
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4653]
"Lizardy's" is finished, and a freshly newbuild. Big windows all around brighten up the whole restaurant, and these two skylights give more sun to it. As for the whole "reptile" color-scheme i go for greenish windows with brown frames.
Maybe it's a bit to much green/brown with the whole foliage, but hey its more a naturepark than an amusementpark.
The outside-area is coverd with wood grids/trelis things, so that (you know it) ivy and other flowers can grow up/over/through it.
These two "crocodile" bushes aren't crocodile's, these are special lizards Biggrin.
Why, because of the restaurant's name.
Some flowerbeds and bushes besides the path, leading right into the outside-area, where at the end of it the entrance leads right into "Lizardy's".
For the backside of the shops, i used different windows, so that on one hand, we have windows there, but on the other hand, not to much can be spotted from the shops itself.

That's it for now, hope it was enough for the first part of the two updates-2.
Next time i'll show you a comparison of the station build as a restaurant and the new version, so you can see what is changed and what is more/less the same. Also you'll see the gift-shop.

Thanks for reading (or looking at the pics), every feedback (positive/negative) is appreciated!

So long, Cobra Cool