Alpine Bellum - Wooden Coaster (Update 1: WIP)

Hello, my friends!

I am making a new wooden coaster because with the buying of a new computer, I lost my GCI I was working on Frown

Anyways, I have added the station, coaster (obviously), and supports. High Definition Picture time!

[Image: pucG3X4.jpg]

[Image: Q0nYgew.jpg]

[Image: BNRtRz7.jpg]
^Some of the supports glitched and disappeared in this photo.

Anyways, thanks for looking at this! Feedback incoming hopefully.
I need a new signature.
Not that bad, but if this is suposed to be a "GCI" Woodie, than the whole layout needs a decent amount of rework. In this case it wasn't so smart to start custom support work.

Currently the layout hasn't any pacing/flow in my eyes. Steep first drop, a spikey first airtime hill, another smaller airtime hill (that is good) than the turnaround, but everything build in a row.
Not really interesting for the guests i would say.
And the same happens, after the turnaround, three time bunny hops, all in a row. Nothing special.

Woodie's are the grandfather/mother of coasters, so they should be fast, rough and interesting and also a good looking overall.
And if you build custom supports anyway, than maybe you should think about to use the "Wodan-CT" from the PEP-Team. So you have more variety of track parts to build the layout more interesting.

Also you can use this "How to build a GCI" tutorial for some helpul hints.
It's made for RCT2, but all these techniques can be also used with RCT3.
Because the basics are the same.
Mr. B's Coaster Tutorials - GCI

But thats only my thoughts about it.

So long, Cobra
Keep it everytime fair and with enough respect for each other!
(Apr 6, 2015, 02:41 PM)Cobra Wrote: Not that bad, but if this is suposed to be a "GCI" Woodie, than the whole layout needs a decent amount of rework. In this case it wasn't so smart to start custom support work.

Currently the layout hasn't any pacing/flow in my eyes. Steep first drop, a spikey first airtime hill, another smaller airtime hill (that is good) than the turnaround, but everything build in a row.
Not really interesting for the guests i would say.
And the same happens, after the turnaround, three time bunny hops, all in a row. Nothing special.

Woodie's are the grandfather/mother of coasters, so they should be fast, rough and interesting and also a good looking overall.
And if you build custom supports anyway, than maybe you should think about to use the "Wodan-CT" from the PEP-Team. So you have more variety of track parts to build the layout more interesting.

Also you can use this "How to build a GCI" tutorial for some helpul hints.
It's made for RCT2, but all these techniques can be also used with RCT3.
Because the basics are the same.
Mr. B's Coaster Tutorials - GCI

But thats only my thoughts about it.

So long, Cobra

To start, this isn't a GCI Woodie. I said in the beginning that I had another GCI that I lost. But otherwise thanks for the comments.
I need a new signature.