"No :svd for :sid Error" for default scenery

So within the past week, the default fences in RCT3 game have stopped working. I get the "No :svd for :sid error," yet custom scenery is just fine. I am not sure if this is an expansion problem or not.

I do not have RCT 3: Platinum, I just have the original game and bought the expansions separately.

I also am running Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron, and some of the automatic Microsoft updates have been messing with my game, as it sometimes crashes right after my update. I have all the patches installed, and have no idea why I cannot place default fences.
[Image: 220px-Royal_Wedding_London_Eye.jpg]

I'm a thrill seeker and Britain's admirer!
(Jul 28, 2015, 12:19 PM)sparkler1500 Wrote: So within the past week, the default fences in RCT3 game have stopped working. I get the "No :svd for :sid error," yet custom scenery is just fine. I am not sure if this is an expansion problem or not.

I do not have RCT 3: Platinum, I just have the original game and bought the expansions separately.

I also am running Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron, and some of the automatic Microsoft updates have been messing with my game, as it sometimes crashes right after my update. I have all the patches installed, and have no idea why I cannot place default fences.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R laptop running on Windows 8.1. I have RCT3 Platinum, but have run into some of the same situations with the updates. Have you run the game with compatibility mode? I would try that and see if it works. Usually you can right click on the game icon and go to the compatibility tab it usually fixes the problem. See screenshot attached. I hope it helps. (note: if it doesn't work I would save everything you've done and re-install the game).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ahh Sid. Up to his old tricks again! If you just give him some SVD's he should be fine.
(Jul 29, 2015, 09:19 AM)aecrouch7413 Wrote:
(Jul 28, 2015, 12:19 PM)sparkler1500 Wrote: So within the past week, the default fences in RCT3 game have stopped working. I get the "No :svd for :sid error," yet custom scenery is just fine. I am not sure if this is an expansion problem or not.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R laptop running on Windows 8.1. I have RCT3 Platinum, but have run into some of the same situations with the updates. Have you run the game with compatibility mode? I would try that and see if it works. Usually you can right click on the game icon and go to the compatibility tab it usually fixes the problem. See screenshot attached. I hope it helps. (note: if it doesn't work I would save everything you've done and re-install the game).

Ok, thanks! I will try that! Smile

(Jul 29, 2015, 11:13 AM)rccoa coasters Wrote: Ahh Sid. Up to his old tricks again! If you just give him some SVD's he should be fine.

Ok, how do you add the SVD's?

SIDENOTE: If this response sounds stupid, it is because I have a very limited ability with technology stuff beyond defragmenting a hard drive. lol

^You throw a potato at your RCT3 disc, that usually works.

Lol, I hope you know I'm kidding. :P
(Jul 29, 2015, 05:23 PM)rccoa coasters Wrote: ^You throw a potato at your RCT3 disc, that usually works.

Lol, I hope you know I'm kidding. :P
Ah, I thought that there was some sort of code that you could use to add svd. lol

^ I wish. Then we wouldn't have such a big problem on our hands. Smile
if it default scenery id recommend to reinstall the game