Vote for your favorite track! Round 212

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 212 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Based on recent community feedback, the creators of these entries are not shown on the voting page. As such, please try to keep discussion centered on the entries themselves and not speculation as to who created the entries.

Let's have another great round!

#1: Atlantis

[Image: 5625402a68496.jpg]

#2: Aero

[Image: 56254575061a2.png]

#3: Inferno

[Image: 56254925e58e9.jpg]

#4: Paranormal Asylum

[Image: 56261635e4a7a.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Tuesday, October 27
Aero gets my vote. Smile
[Image: HnAiYLa.png]
Paranormal Asylum for da win.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
Sooo yeah... this round though... Where is the scenery on your rides people!?! The ONLY one that did a good job with theming in this round was the Paranormal Asylum.

Aero wasn't a bad coaster but my complaint with it is the same as 99% of other NL2 coasters I see, almost nothing is around the coaster :/

Inferno is an over-used name which didn't exactly leave the best first impression. The track looked cool but again; not much theming.

Atlantis was... er-ok? Didn't know we could enter flumes into the competition now but alrighty. Although you do have scenery around your ride the main issue I have is the overwhelming amount of empty green space surrounding the ride and in the background.

Paranormal Asylum was the clear winner in my mind, good theming, classic RCT2, and it wasn't surrounded by nothingness.
Team CoasterTech

(Oct 20, 2015, 03:39 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: Aero wasn't a bad coaster but my complaint with it is the same as 99% of other NL2 coasters I see, almost nothing is around the coaster :/
because nl2 is a simulator focused on just making coasters, scenery isnt really integrated into the game besides a few stock trees and such... the only way to make good scenery would be to make it in sketchup, blender, etc. which not everyone has time to do
(Oct 20, 2015, 04:01 PM)Drew_ Wrote:
(Oct 20, 2015, 03:39 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: Aero wasn't a bad coaster but my complaint with it is the same as 99% of other NL2 coasters I see, almost nothing is around the coaster :/
because nl2 is a simulator focused on just making coasters, scenery isnt really integrated into the game besides a few stock trees and such... the only way to make good scenery would be to make it in sketchup, blender, etc. which not everyone has time to do

Like I made the station in blender, but you can see it is a very basic station and didn't require a lot of work like scenery would have.
Sincerely, No Limits 2 Master
Atlantis - Layout looks cool, but I would prefer you use the EP Poseidon CT for a smoother layout than the normal Giant Flume. However, that entrance looks promising, and that palace is good, but not great. And it needs some custom supports.

Final rating: 3/5 Good! Just needs some surroundings and touching up.

Aero - Whoa! NoLimits insanity! I love that layout and the supports look great! But the surroundings were bland, and the station looked kinda' basic. However, the drop tower looked awesome and the colors seem to fit Smile

Final rating: 3/5 Good! Just needs better surroundings like Atlantis, and the theme seems bland.

Inferno - Ah, the original RCT game. Old but gold Wink This coaster seems pretty basic though. I like the twisty layout and fire, but otherwise this looks rushed.

Final rating: 2/5 Okay. Work more on surroundings and having better scenery.

Paranormal Asylum - Wow! That building looks very detailed! From what I see, looks like an arrow corkscrew. This coaster did have the only surroundings out of all the entries, so I like that. The ride however seems short from what I can tell though.

Final rating: 3/5 Good! Work more on a longer layout and try to have a few more screenshots Wink

CONCLUSION *** Not a great round, but yes, I ended up voting for P.A.

Regards,
-Chimalion
I need a new signature.
(Oct 20, 2015, 04:59 PM)theisaac Wrote:
(Oct 20, 2015, 04:01 PM)Drew_ Wrote: because nl2 is a simulator focused on just making coasters, scenery isnt really integrated into the game besides a few stock trees and such... the only way to make good scenery would be to make it in sketchup, blender, etc. which not everyone has time to do

Like I made the station in blender, but you can see it is a very basic station and didn't require a lot of work like scenery would have.

This is to both of you, I understand how difficult it is to make custom scenery on NL2. You don't need to go all out and make a ton of fancy scenery, just put stuff around the ride so it doesn't look bare and boring.
Team CoasterTech

voted for Paranormal Asylum, you guys don't know how tough it is to make realistic buildings in RCT2, and i'll give it credit for that, seems like a clear win
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

After taking a little while to look at each of the entries I decided to vote for #4: Paranormal Asylum.
RCT2 coasters and scenery are very hard to make. I know, I've tried playing the game. All though
the others were good entries as well. I felt #4: Paranormal Asylum was the winner because of
the over all design, detail and interesting theme/layout.