RCT3 - Uranium [Stand-Up Twister Coaster]

Here's another custom roller coaster I made in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. It is a stand-up twister coaster called Uranium. The building is the only piece of scenery that comes with it, but you could add more if you wanted to.

Go here to download: http://rctgo.com/downloads/view/14643
[Image: SrF6Q32.png]
Not a bad beginning coaster, try to control the pacing a lot more in future builds though. Most of this ride was too fast to the point where it would kill a couple riders. Good start though Smile
Team CoasterTech

(Jan 13, 2016, 12:11 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: Not a bad beginning coaster, try to control the pacing a lot more in future builds though. Most of this ride was too fast to the point where it would kill a couple riders. Good start though Smile

Thanks for the reply there, and is there some thread with advice on how to build more realistic roller coasters in terms of speed and momentum, aside from adding more scenery?
I don't know about a thread, haven't been on the site too long myself (Joined back in August I believe... can't even remember xD) I do know that there are plenty of videos on YouTube that could help you out though.

As for what I've always done is try to make each successive element a few feet shorter than the last. For example if your lift hill is 80 feet try to have your first ride element, whether it be a loop, zero-G roll, or airtime hill as close to 80 feet as you where it still clears the element in good time. Keep in mind that real roller coaster slow down significantly while moving through ride elements, and while it may appear to move through them quickly while watching it, you may feel it slow significantly while riding it.

Generally if you have a lift of 80 ft (the height really doesn't matter, just pulled a random height for this example) you'll want your next hill or inversion/element at around 70-75 ft. This will keep the ride moving at a good pace and the element/inversion will be nice and smooth for your riders. as the ride progresses keep working your way down to station level in similar increments and don't forget about an MCBR (Mid Course Break Run).

Hope this helps Biggrin
Team CoasterTech

OK, thank you for the tips. They'll be useful for me in the future.