Vote for your favorite track! Round 226

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 226 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Phantom

[Image: 56ca3a208ac24.jpg]

#2: Venus Storm

[Image: 56ca3b13b7d92.jpg]

#3: Aqua Smasher

[Image: 56ca3b3907993.jpg]

#4: Solara

[Image: 56ca3f8261b8a.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Sunday, February 28
Hey Justin, it says "voting closes soon". Is voting actually closing soon?
What if, instead of that, we just don't
I'll give the feedback now and decide which one to vote for later. None of them seem quite complete, so I'll keep my vote a secret when I do happen to come to a decision.

Phantom - From the five screenshots provided, this looks like it has a decent layout and adequate terrain work. While the support job look nice, it's otherwise completely lacking in scenery. There's no foliage in sight despite it sitting on mostly grassy terrain. This coaster type would be better with block sections rather than the trains being a few seconds apart from each other.

Venus Storm - This could also use more scenery, but RCT1 does come with limitations in that field. Being set on Venus, there's room for even more leniency, although space trees would . However, much of this ride looks as if it was built over the terrain rather than with it, mostly between the loop and the curve around the 3D cinema. The layout is a bit strange, with a short second lift hill added rather than altering the track so that the train makes it up the hill, and an unusual spiral drop immediately following it. Despite this, out of all the entries, it interacts with its environment the best.

Aqua Smasher - If this were purely a scenery contest, this coaster would win by a landslide--or a waterfall--especially with that station and those supports. Clearly many hours were put into building the scenery around this ride, and it works very well with the water theme. Since foliage isn't much of an option on water, a smaller area with more rocks would have looked much better than a large random pool of water. It seems a bit unnatural that every body of water around this ride is large and rectangular, and some portions especially, such as the grassy terrain underneath the first drop that sinks below the water level, don't make any sense. Had the layout at least been as good as the scenery around it, I still would've voted for this coaster this round, but the last third of the ride didn't fit with the rest of it or this coaster type. The inverted overbanked curve with the two corkscrews would have worked on a flying coaster or a lay-down coaster, but not on a standard B&M sitdown coaster. That's a possible explanation for the high G-forces and potentially the dangerously high lateral Gs as well. It could use quite a bit of work, but certainly not bad for a first entry.

Solara - Air-powered vertical coasters have limited layout capabilities and are about the third most difficult coaster available in RCT2 to win a round with after heartline and reverse freefall coasters, so for one to stand out, it would have to rely almost entirely on scenery and terrain interaction. This one has a fine layout, but the scenery and terrain work could be much more intricate. Not that it wouldn't work for a more traditional coaster type, but these coasters demand much more effort put into the scenery than most since there's only so much that can be done with the track.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
I voted for... Not telling!!!! 😈
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
Oi... Well this round is... err-okay?

1. Phantom: I really like what you've done with the layout here man, great job in that department and terraforming as well. I'd say +A to track layout and a solid A with terraforming. As for scenery there is only a station though... (and supports/footers/flanges). I feel that you rushed to enter this coaster rather than make it perfect which is an honest beginner's mistake. For the next one make sure you add some scenery, foliage, and don't enter it until you feel it is a complete coaster. This had (and still has) tons of potential, however I don't think you'll be able to re-enter after adding scenery. Tip for the future by the way, if you're producing coasters in RCT3 you'll want to make a POV video to go along with your coaster. Good place to start though Smile

2. Venus Storm: I feel we all know the points the majority of the coasters you'll be adding will need improvement on (I say that because the screenshots are nice aerial ones that let you see good portions of the park) so I'm not going to beat a dead horse, especially since you've stated you won't be re-vamping these oldies. I do like this dive coaster for the fact that it's longer than most traditional ones, but at the same time its layout seems a bit boring to me.

3. Aqua Smasher: After watching the development of this coaster I'm delighted to see that the project has come soo far Biggrin I love what you've done with the scenery all around the ride and the POV was pretty good in my opinion as well. You made mixed vanilla and CS look good and are the only one I've seen do that in my time here so props for that. As for the layout as Terry mentioned it does have its shortcomings. Throttle control/pacing is a big issue for this coaster as well as the inverted section (which isn't possible with the trains provided). Also the G-ratings would definitely kill riders... Just something you might want to work on in the future. Terraforming was good but I feel it could use a little more polish... Also as Terry said foliage is kind of a no-go in water, but some rockwork might have been a good addition. I'd check ShyGuy's world for Shy's Rock Set Wink

4. Solara: Even if I hadn't seen previews of this I'da spotted you a mile away with that style lol, nice coaster and props for working with that horrid coaster type (I absolutely HATE air-powered coasters in RCT lol). This one is just kinda meh to me... pretty standard RCT2 entry. Nothing really makes this stand out (except for the coaster type which actually hurts it because it makes the layout quite basic).

Haven't voted yet but I'm more than likely going to vote for Aqua Smasher. Although there are issues with the track layout (and it WOULD realistically kill riders) it's my favorite of the bunch simply because of the scenery work that the others lack. (Yes Solara has scenery but it is a notch below that exhibited on Aqua Smasher).
Team CoasterTech

(Feb 21, 2016, 11:05 PM)-Anonymous- Wrote: Hey Justin, it says "voting closes soon". Is voting actually closing soon?

Oops -- should be fixed now.
Terry- I disagree I think air powered vertical are 4th hardest, you forgot about inverse impulse, and if you're counting RCT3, there's the half pipe and the dizzy drop
I'll give feedback sometime, right now im too tired to think about it
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

Nave, he said 'About the third hardest." Although, I don't agree on the inverted impulse as the 3rd hardest. I think it's in the top 10, but certainly not #3.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Ok I just came to the site today and realized I had one day left to vote
So I voted aqua smasher, which to me is for sure the most impressive entry, with a mix of vanilla and cs
Venus Storm and Solara were both well done but just not build it winners in my eyes

@BlazingEmpireHD I would say that inverse impulse are harder to win with than air powered vertical at least, because inverse impulse can't turn, and air powered vertical can
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]