Dublin Devil - Round 229 Winner

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 229 Winner

Congratulations to Terry Inferno's Dublin Devil, the latest winner of RCTgo's Build It Competiton! Dublin Devil beat the other three entries with 10 votes and 38% of the vote.

Description:
Happy St. Patrick's Day from Brookwood Gardens!

In the early 80s, management had designed a basic layout for a small looping coaster and wanted to hire Anton Schwarzkopf and his team to build it. Unfortunately, but nonetheless very predictably, his fee was significantly higher than what the park executives were willing to spend. The man who took the job was an Irish roller coaster manufacturer by the name of O'Shaughnessy, who was not only the spitting image of Schwarzkopf, but used identical coaster-building techniques. Because of this striking resemblance in both appearance and roller coaster engineering, both he and his rides were almost always mistaken for Schwarzkopf and his creations respectively. It's estimated by some sources that close to 20 Schwarzkopf coasters were actually built by O'Shaughnessy, but nobody has been able to prove this theory or identify exactly which coasters he built, so he is only credited with building one roller coaster.

Fed up with the entire world mistaking him for the German engineer, O'Shaughnessy painted the coaster's loops and trains, which both come in a set of three, after the three colors of the Irish flag, and he named it after his home town so that everyone would know that the man who built the coaster was Irish. These decisions did pay off, but not in the way that he had initially hoped. When he stood near the ride exit, impressed patrons would shake his hand and say "You've really outdone yourself this time, Mr. O'Schwarzkopf!"

Before this ride was built, the space was occupied by a WWII fighter jet that had flown the wrong way and took a nosedive into the ground and burned down all the surrounding trees. In 1967, another WWII fighter jet crashed into the remains of the first jet when the pilot allegedly discovered that he was flying his plane 22 years too late, saw the crashed plane and tried to land on it, believing it was an incredibly small landing strip. This still doesn't explain why he tried to land directly on top of the other plane. Regardless, all the remains were buried in 1972 when a meteor landed on them. Archaeologists, WWII historians, and the Department of Consumer Affairs excavated the entire area to salvage all parts of the missing planes, which they should have just done before the meteor landed but never got around to it. Since the meteor landed within the park's boundaries, it was legally the park's to sell, so, after nearly 50 years of using the lake as the park's main source of fresh drinking water, they built an underground reservoir after most of the archaeologists had cleared out of the area and covered it with concrete and, on the surface, top quality dune sand imported from the Sahara Desert. Both decisions turned out to be beneficial, as salmonella-related deaths went down 90% from the previous year, and the roller coaster won "Best Sand" at the 1983 Roller Coaster Terrain Awards (or "Terry" awards for short).

Votes cast:
Watermain - 5 votes
Steel Dragon - 8 votes
Dublin Devil - 10 votes
Medieval Mice - 3 votes
Congrats Terry! Pardon my memory if I'm wrong but this is your first Brookwood win? At any rate can't wait to see the rest of the park's coasters Biggrin
Team CoasterTech

Congrats, but honestly I don't get why people voted for this coaster, the description maybe?
Don't get me wrong its not bad, but there's no scenery near the track at all, and the station is very basic
Its a good coaster, I honestly just don't think it was build it win worthy
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

Thank you to everyone who voted! This is indeed the first win for Brookwood Gardens.

@Nave, the layout is the main focus of this coaster, and since it is based on real Schwarzkopf designs, I based much of the typical environment off those of portable Schwarzkopf coasters. While I'm generally a stickler when it comes to foliage, it was left out intentionally in the immediate vicinity surrounding the track since that is typical of many of those designs.

You may be pleased to know that each of the seven remaining Brookwood coasters has much more scenery and foliage than the Devil does. If you like trees, stations, and ground (and even aquatic) shrubbery, you may appreciate the next coaster more than this one. If anything, it has my favorite ride station in the park.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Nice win terry! Glad to see my vote counted!
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
You deserve this win. Good job! Biggrin
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.