Coaster Reviews Thread

Okay, so on sites like Theme Park Review and The Coaster Critic there are a lot of coaster reviews. I feel like a lot of people on this site have lots of different home parks, so I am interested to hear your reviews! You can review however you want, but I have my own LARGE (I mean large) system of how I will be doing it.

Here is the template

Coaster Name - Park
  • List of statistics (Length, Height, etc) LIST STATS POSTED ON RCDB.com
Title of Review

As many paragraphs as you feel necessary to give a good review.

Final Rating, out of 10

Final thoughts of coaster and why it got that rating.

Post video (off ride or POV will be accepted) of coaster.

Rankings should be...

10/10 - World-class
9/10 - Tremendous
8/10 - Remarkable
7/10 - Satisfying
6/10 - Tolerable
5/10 - Moderate
4/10 - Low-grade
3/10 - Crummy
2/10 - Awful
1/10 - Ruined my day

SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge - Nickelodeon Universe
  • Opened: March 15, 2008
  • Manufacturer: Gerstlauer
  • Type: Euro-fighter
  • Length: 1,371.4 Feet
  • Height: 74.5 Feet
  • Inversions: 2
  • Speed: 43.5 Mph
  • Duration: 2:00 Minutes
The Thrilling Adventure in Bikini Bottom

My memories of the coaster may be rusty because I haven't ridden this coaster since March 2014, but I remember most of it. The super compact Gerstlauer coaster was the first I had ridden, and I had not expected what it would be like. Rock Bottom Plunge was one of Mall of America's two coasters to open in Spring of 2008 (The other being Avatar Airbender)

As I arrived inside the complex I noticed that the lines were definitely longer than the flat rides around it. Luckily, after riding other coasters there such as Pepsi Orange Streak and Fairly Odd Coaster, it went down. We zoomed through the back-and-forth part of the queue line to find not too many people at the air gates thankfully. The seats were comfortable with all the padding, until the OTSR came down. They were big, bulky, but made me feel safe.

The ride looks, and was surely an intense experience. A very short time after I got into my seat (There are only 8 people per car, do you expect it to take as long as a wing coaster), we made the first turn then stopped right before the lift hill. I thought we had broken down, but with there being 4 trains I saw that there wasn't the open block. We bumped forward, and we were ascending! Going up the hill, I was really overwhelmed. I could not have felt any different, of course with a 90-degree angle I could only just let go and let my body lay on the seats for the duration of the lift. We got up to the top, and I thought 'Thank God the sun isn't in my eyes anymore'. All of a sudden the car let go of the chain and we plunged straight down the extremely steep and drop! That was the first time I had grayed out on a coaster.

Back closer to ground, then we sped up into the first inversion, a big vertical loop. I got some awesome hangtime there, and I had a split-second to regain the color in my vision after that grey out. Suddenly we flew into a (honestly) pointless bunny hop which I really didn't know why it was there. Instead of airtime, I got ear-bashing. Not very fun part of the ride. Then we went up into a steep banked turn which kind of reminded me of Leviathan in a way, the second element where I got some nice hangtime. Then we came to the heartline roll, which was slow and awesome, with yes, you guessed it, really nice hangtime!

Then we came to the MCBR, nice split-second breather. Then we plunged yet again, towards "rock bottom". We flew into a 90-degree banked turn, which felt longer than it looked in line for other rides. We snaked our way under some of the bigger elements, then we came to the finale. The compact helix, with great Gs which seemed to last longer than the drop did. The ride finished going up and heading into the final brakes, our bumpy and intense ride had finished.

Final Rating? 7/10, Satisfying

SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge is very good, but I felt it can't really compare to some of my favorites. I had high expectations when I approached the air gates, probably because it was my first Euro-fighter. Definitely fun and worth riding, the drop impressed me due to my firs grey out, but the layout was bumpy and generic except for the two awesome inversions.

Check out this awesome of video of the ride thanks to Robb Alvey!
I need a new signature.
<rmc> at <six flags park/wherever it is>
opened: not too long ago
manufacture: rmc
type: wood, "hybrid", whatever else bs they say the ride is
length: short
height: medium
inversions: 0/1/2? idk if theres one with 2
speed: fast
duration: short

review
overrated and overhyped each time. also joker is ugly green and purple rails. launched rmc whatever its called sucks, so do tne rest though. and they like 6 flags which is mainstream amd overrated.

final rating 1/10 (no 0 so rip have to follow rules)

pov: theyre all the same so pick one and thats basically all of them
^ Goliath at SFGAm and Twisted Colossus at SFMM have two inversions.
^And Joker and Wicked Cyclone have 3.
Anyone gonna take this seriously?
I need a new signature.
Does anyone take these seriously?
Team CoasterTech

(Apr 6, 2016, 06:04 PM)Chimalion Wrote: Anyone gonna take this seriously?
i am?
(Apr 6, 2016, 07:03 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: Does anyone take these seriously?
yea
Loch Ness Monster, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Angle Of Descent: 55°
Drop: 114 feet
G-force: 3.5 G's
Height: 100 feet
Inversions: 2
Length: 3,240 feet
Trains: 3 - 28 passenger
Top Speed: 60 Mph

Interlocking Classic

My first looping coaster. Great fun, the ride is pretty smooth for a 70's coaster. Chain lift midway though feels unnecessary.
Final score: 9/10
Unfortunately, I'll never be able to ride this piece of coaster history ever again. I now live in Arizona... Frown
"It's called the ninety-nine mile beach because it is exactly fifty miles long... I don't get it either." Jeremy Clarkson.
I'm too lazy to post statistics and stuff.

Banshee, Kings Island
10/10
Currently my favorite Roller Coaster. It's got everything I want in a coaster. It's fast, it has inversions, and it has a long ride duration. Plus it's got this awesome loop that goes around the lift hill.

For reference, I've been on every coaster at Kings Island currently, every coaster at Canobie Lake Park, and every coaster at Six Flags New England currently except for Goliath(not a big loss, it's just a boomerang), Wicked Cyclone(I did ride it back when it was Cyclone though), and Batman(I wish it hadn't closed before I got to ride it last time I was at SFNE). While Canobie is technically the closest park to me, I consider KI my home park, as I've been to it more times than any other park, due to having relatives that live in northern Kentucky we visit often, and during said visits we'll often go to Kings Island.