Oklahoma Rodeo - Round 231 Winner

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 231 Winner

Congratulations to Terry Inferno's Oklahoma Rodeo, the latest winner of RCTgo's Build It Competiton! Oklahoma Rodeo beat the other three entries with 25 votes and 76% of the vote.

Description:
Just like the old adage states "Everything's bigger in Texas", park management deduced that the inverse must be true in Oklahoma. So if a cowboy-themed roller coaster built in Texas is the size of a standard roller coaster, one built in Oklahoma must therefore only be half to two-thirds its size. This was the explanation management used when asked by local newspapers why they were building a wooden roller coaster only 2,000 feet long and fewer than 50 feet high. "If you count the amount of wood used to build the structures around the ride, it's closer to 3,500 feet of wood." This statement, from Brookwood Gardens' only CEO, who is forced to remain anonymous, was later proven to be false when covert operations revealed that almost all the structures around the ride, with the exception of the station, were built from fortified plastic. In fact, in many instances, buildings are used in place of wooden supports, so this coaster technically uses even less wood than a standard 2,000-foot wooden roller coaster.

Built in 2004, the original name given to the project was "Oklahoma City Thunder", but local sources insisted that that name would never catch on anywhere. The new name came from feedback given by human crash test dummies stated that the ride experience felt like "someone twirling a lasso", which was ironic considering that, not long after the ride opened, one rider ended up being "roped in" and trapped by faulty restraints. Even though it's considered a family coaster, as well as the only coaster in the entire park that doesn't exceed 40 MPH (64 km/h), it's considered one of the most exciting rides Brookwood Gardens has to offer due to its completely unpredictable layout masked by a sea of plastic buildings. According to the rating system administered by the second installment of the Roller Coaster Tabulators--or "RCT2" ratings for short--Oklahoma Rodeo scores an excitement rating of 8.21, the fifth-highest in Brookwood Gardens. For a ride that tops out at 38 MPH and only lasts a minute, half of which is the lift hill, this rating is considered very impressive. A German engineer by the name of Wilhelm called the ride "a real mindbender!"

Votes cast:
Timber Tantrum - 2 votes
Oklahoma Rodeo - 25 votes
Oh Mummy - 1 vote
Toxicity - 5 votes
Nice win Terry, I'll take second even if I was down 20 votes XD
Team CoasterTech

I'm not even surprised that Terry won this round with Oklahoma Rodeo. You clearly deserve this win.  Biggrin Good job, bro!
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
Congratulations Terry for another Brookwood Garden win!  Wink

So I only got 1 vote this round  Eek , it is better than getting a goose egg like last round  blush .

Looking forward to the rest of the Brookwood Garden entries with their bio/history descriptions.  Tongue
Well deserved win, a coaster worthy of it
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

Thanks everyone!  Smile
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Nice job terry!
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360