Computer Issues

Unfortunately I have bad news. I feel like this deserved it's own thread. 

My gaming computer has finally met its match and has died. The park I was working on, Silverwood is completed and I was able to save it to a flash drive. However, I was not able to add the park information, such as climate, guest preferences and the summary of the park. The computer crashes whenever I try to save something.

Like I said, Silverwood will be uploaded. I'm not sure when the other parks will be worked on. This will not be the end. I can assure you that.

EDIT: I realized I forgot to take screenshots of the park and Justin won't allow uploads if they don't have screenshots of it. I would like someone to have the file and take 4 screenshots of the park. PM me, and I will send the file to you.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
(May 25, 2016, 03:33 PM)nathan8848 Wrote: Unfortunately I have bad news. I feel like this deserved it's own thread. 

My gaming computer has finally met its match and has died. The park I was working on, Silverwood is completed and I was able to save it to a flash drive. However, I was not able to add the park information, such as climate, guest preferences and the summary of the park. The computer crashes whenever I try to save something.

Like I said, Silverwood will be uploaded. I'm not sure when the other parks will be worked on. This will not be the end. I can assure you that.

EDIT: I realized I forgot to take screenshots of the park and Justin won't allow uploads if they don't have screenshots of it. I would like someone to have the file and take 4 screenshots of the park. PM me, and I will send the file to you.

Sorry you went through all of that with your projects, computer etc. I was afraid that was going to happen to me with my old computer which is why I got a new one. My old processor was starting to over heat when I played the games. If they are RCT3 Platinum (Soaked and Wild) projects, I can probably help with the screenshots. Send me a pm with the information if you want my help. If you want someone else to help you instead, it's okay especially if they are RCT2 projects, I'm not familiar enough with that version of the game. Either way, let me know. I have the time to do it the next couple of days.
To show you how old it was, I was still running XP just fine. It was going to die eventually. I was able to copy all the parks to a flash drive before hand. Thanks to this website for allowing me to share them in-case a problem like this happened.

(May 25, 2016, 05:34 PM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: Sorry you went through all of that with your projects, computer etc. I was afraid that was going to happen to me with my old computer which is why I got a new one. My old processor was starting to over heat when I played the games. If they are RCT3 Platinum (Soaked and Wild) projects, I can probably help with the screenshots. Send me a pm with the information if you want my help. If you want someone else to help you instead, it's okay especially if they are RCT2 projects, I'm not familiar enough with that version of the game. Either way, let me know. I have the time to do it the next couple of days.

I can't find the add attachment option in the PM message, so I have to use this. The park uses both Soaked and Wild. Be sure to use the David Walsh cheat to hide the interface. For the screenshot locations, I've include a photo of the locations. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Silverwood.zip (Size: 2.36 MB / Downloads: 140)
(May 25, 2016, 09:33 PM)nathan8848 Wrote: To show you how old it was, I was still running XP just fine. It was going to die eventually. I was able to copy all the parks to a flash drive before hand. Thanks to this website for allowing me to share them in-case a problem like this happened.

(May 25, 2016, 05:34 PM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: Sorry you went through all of that with your projects, computer etc. I was afraid that was going to happen to me with my old computer which is why I got a new one. My old processor was starting to over heat when I played the games. If they are RCT3 Platinum (Soaked and Wild) projects, I can probably help with the screenshots. Send me a pm with the information if you want my help. If you want someone else to help you instead, it's okay especially if they are RCT2 projects, I'm not familiar enough with that version of the game. Either way, let me know. I have the time to do it the next couple of days.

I can't find the add attachment option in the PM message, so I have to use this. The park uses both Soaked and Wild. Be sure to use the David Walsh cheat to hide the interface. For the screenshot locations, I've include a photo of the locations. Thanks.

I was able to download the file. I have to make sure I have all of the custom scenery sets you listed. Then I can take a screenshot. I will add it as an attachment like you did to this thread. I will try and have it for you soon. (If something seems to be missing in the screenshots, let me know so I can fix it right away). I will make the screenshots in a jpeg format for you so it's easier to share.
Running on XP? Wow! My favorite version of Windows. Hopefully you will be able to get a new computer soon.

SIlverwood items

Imagineer Johns Spring Rides - I found
Red Baron - I can't find this can you give me a link?
Doughnuts Paratrooper - I found
Roda Panoramica - I think I found it, but it was under Steel Rides, I want to make sure I have the right one.
Classic Arrow - Which one? Techno Dudes? Please give me a link.

ATH Catwalk Set - I have cso
Doughtnus Pool Structures - I have cso
Flags by JMAinAZ (Recoverable) - I have cso
JCAT’s Steelworx - I have cso
Moby’s Steel Jungle V1 - I have cso
Safari J’s Arrow Pack - I have cso
SK Canopy Set - I have cso

I tried loading the file in RCT3 Platinum with my computer system and I was not able to open the .dat file you gave to me. I am sorry I won't be able to get the screenshots for you. When I tried to open it up the game crashed (I tried a few times and it did the same thing). I hope someone else will be able to help you. Sorry I couldn't do more. I have deleted the files on my computer.
The game crashed probably because you were missing some items as you listed missing the Red Baron, the Ferris Wheel, and the Classic Arrow Here are the links for them.

Ferris Wheel- http://thiagoparkstudio.blogspot.com/201...amica.html
Red Baron- http://www.shyguysworld.com/csdepot/inde...;down=1934
Classic Arrow- http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index....w;down=977

If this doesn't work, then my system was having issues longer then I'd thought.
I downloaded all of the files again with the links you provided. I still was not able to load the file without it crashing the game. Maybe someone else will be able to figure out what may not be working on my end. I am running on Windows 10 so I don't know if that is going to be an issue because your file was made using XP. Not sure. I was looking forward to seeing this park. I'm sorry I couldn't do more. I will delete the park file from my computer.
All of my files have been made with XP. That's too bad. Like I said, the issues have probelly be going on longer then I'd thought. This was the first visible issue I guess. Thanks for trying.
If you get the park working let me know so I can see it.
Smile
My dad found a computer with Vista for 50 bucks. I'm not sure what to expect.
Expect the unexpected. I used Vista back in 2007 and I had nothing but problems. Including needing to replace my hard drive once every six months. The computer always froze up forcing me to do a forced shut down, which lead to the hard drive getting damaged. Oddly enough with Windows 7 I've never had that problem, so I think something with the Vista OS was causing the freeze ups. Hopefully whatever version of Vista is on your new computer though, will be able to work as good as XP or 7 does.