Chima's Amusement Adventures 2016

I've gotten a lot of help for this, I've finalized my plans, and I'm ready. Let's get this started!

JOSH'S AMUSEMENT ADVENTURES 

So the first day, we got into Cedar Point late. And I MEAN late!

[Image: thumb_img_1376_2.jpg]
Finally, after a long afternoon of driving and slowest service at a Culver's restaurant in the US, we arrived at my first ever visit to Cedar Point!!!  :lol: 

[Image: thumb_img_1377_2.jpg]
Beautiful topiary

[Image: thumb_img_1378_3.jpg]
X-Flight is at my home park, so it wasn't totally new to see this

[Image: thumb_img_1381_3.jpg]
Personally I think this is the best photo I've taken so far.

[Image: thumb_img_1382_2.jpg]
Another shot of Valravn

[Image: thumb_img_1385_5.jpg]
Top Thrill Dragster through the trees

[Image: thumb_img_1391_2.jpg]
Mean Streak is just beautiful... well to look at

[Image: thumb_img_1392_3.jpg]
Slingshot is all lit up!

[Image: thumb_img_1395_3.jpg]
Another great shot I took.

Later tonight or tomorrow morning I'll post my full Cedar Point trip report
I need a new signature.
dont go on valravn i heard it was bad and the wait will be ridiculous
Valravn actually wasn't bad. But, what everyone hates, is how long the wait is. It got over 2 hours more than once while we were there for 3 days.

Pretty much, if you don't want to wait 2h, you need fastpass, or get in the gate 1 hour early.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
It's great seeing these pictures of this park. That wooden coaster looks like a lot of fun, but maybe it might be a rough ride. The only issue I have with fast passes...if so many people have them you still have to wait a certain amount of time. I personally think it is better the old way. No one gets angry because everyone has to wait the same amount of time. Have a fun time.
So today I arrived at my hotel in Mason, Ohio awaiting my Kings Island visit tomorrow, and I synced all my photos from CP onto my computer, ready to start the TR. Happy reading!

CEDAR POINT PART 1

[Image: thumb_img_1398.jpg]
The two biggest rides here were beautiful and ready to give rides

[Image: thumb_img_1401_7.jpg]
Valravn also respectively joined the giants of the park.

[Image: thumb_img_1404_2.jpg]
Finally here! I've been dreaming this half my life!

[Image: thumb_img_1405_6.jpg]
>Walks into the park >Top Thrill Dragster broken down... surprising?

[Image: thumb_img_1406_6.jpg]
We'll catch u l8er   Cool

[Image: thumb_img_1407_3.jpg]
We all know Pip Squeak (Pipe Scream) Isn't a coaster. It's like the Larson Super Loop for Cedar Fair.

[Image: thumb_img_1408_7.jpg]
1/2 during ERT: MAVERICK!!! 

[Image: thumb_img_1410_3.jpg]
Is it a launch section? Is it a specialized lift hill? The world may NEVER KNOW!

[Image: thumb_img_1411_4.jpg]
These people are in for a treat

[Image: thumb_img_1412_5.jpg]
The launch in here is 10/10, no question

[Image: thumb_img_1414_6.jpg]
Despite some controversy, Maverick ended up being my new #1 coaster.

[Image: thumb_img_1419_6.jpg]
Loved the architecture of the area!

[Image: thumb_img_1418_10.jpg]
Top Thrill Dragster was running for 10 minutes, and the park hadn't even opened yet, this was still ERT

[Image: thumb_img_1415_4.jpg]
Two Intamin wonders in the same picture? This truly is one of the best theme parks in the world!

[Image: thumb_img_1416_5.jpg]
2/2 during ERT - MILLENNIUM FORCE!! My first Giga!

[Image: thumb_img_1417_4.jpg]
From the overbank to the overbank, the ride was just exhilarating.

[Image: thumb_img_1421_4.jpg]
The speed was nice...

[Image: thumb_img_1427_5.jpg]
The first drop was breathtaking...

[Image: thumb_img_1422_3.jpg]
It was very smooth... yet I still found it overrated (Valravn, you should be dropping prey, not photobombs)

[Image: thumb_img_1424_5.jpg]
After the Intamin goodness during ERT, the park opened and we went across the road to Iron Dragon

[Image: thumb_img_1425_3.jpg]
Walk-on #1. People would probably rather ride a bird of death (Valravn), bird of protection (GateKeeper), and bird of... dinosaurs (Raptor) rather than a dragon.

[Image: thumb_img_1426_3.jpg]
Needless to say, it was a pleasant scenic ride the whole family can enjoy (I looked over at TTD to see it stuck just past the 'Finish' sign)

[Image: thumb_img_1428_3.jpg]
Coaster #4, Mant... I mean Rougarou

[Image: thumb_img_1429_5.jpg]
This part personally reminded me of the Hulk's finale

To be continued in Part 2...
I need a new signature.
Pictures are really great! Looks like the weather was nice. Are you going to try and recreate any of these rides in RCT3? Why did you like the Maverick ride so much?
Because maverick is MY FAVORITE TOO!!!!!!!! Valravn was great, you HAVE to ride it.
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
yes maverick is the best coaster in the park hands down, also i think MF is overrated as well
I'll do my impressions of the coasters I rode on this year. I was there for 3 days and had plenty of time to ride them all. I'll also tell ya how many times I rode these coasters. Lol

I'll start simple

Corkscrew: It's a bit rough, but it's not bad if you hate the biggggg coasters with loops.
Ridden: Once

Iron Dragon: The que lines were surprisingly long..... it's a decent coaster, but I wish it had more sharp turns, and also went a bit faster.

Blue Streak: This, THIS is a must do, I think it's often overlooked, it has A LOT of intensity and some air time. It *can* be rough, but it isn't always.
Ridden: twice

I'll now go into the more intense coasters.

Maverick: It's a great coaster, don't get me wrong, but it's not my favourite, I found it to be a slight bit rough, and when you get chronic headaches like I do, I usually stay clear. I'd definitely go on it again! I just hate how long the cue is.
Ridden: once

Rougarou: Last year, I hated this coaster, it was rough to me. But, this year, it was so much better. One of the great things about it, it has VERY short lines and the ride is exhilerating! I only wish that the first dip n' dive at the chain-lift's top was not so off-setting.

Valravn: I liked the ride, but I did not like how long I had to wait, even with an hour early pass. 45 minutes to an hour is sad. Without the early pass, it would have been well over an hour. Maybe even two. When you get the chance of small lines, GO FOR IT!

Raptor: I love this coaster, it's my favourite at this park. (And maybe my all time favourite, I haven't been to many parks...)
Even though it's not the smoothest inverted out there, it's avocado smooth for what some others are.... Alpengiest... The inversions were intense, the helix's were as well. It CAN be rough, but it's good in my case! RIDE THIS COASTER!

Gatekeeper: It's not bad of a ride, it's VERY smooth and is actually pretty gentle of a ride. Not madly intense, but not a let down. The que lines were decent...

Millennium Force: It's a great non'inverting coaster! It's fun, fast, and full of air time. It often has a long line though. I can also see where some say it was a bit of a let down, as it was SOO hyped up. But, it's steel a great coaster! (Hah, puns, hahahahahe...heh.. *silent sobs*)
Ridden: 2-3 times (I forgot)

Wicked Twister: It looks like a very boring coaster, right? But it truly isn't. It's actually very fun. And the launch sends you back in your seat!

And FINALLY....

Top Thrill Dragster: It's a GREAT launch coaster. I'll admit, I was a bit nervous at first. And it seemed a bit boring because we had to wait an hour and one half because the restraints had gotten stuck and one girl was trapped for a bit. Once I got on..... the wait before the launch is enough to make a person nervous. It launches you so fast, you're pushed FAR back in your seat, and even into the person behind you's lap. Okay, not really, but ya get the idea! GO ON THIS RIDE!!!!!!!

There's a couple coasters I missed, because I didn't go on them.

Mean Streak: I hated this coaster, and you all very well should know why. avocado, RMC IT ALREADY! (I went on it last year)

Gemini: I also rode this last year, but, (my personal opinion) it was lame. What was else, it's a bit rough, and they never race the trains.

Magnum XL-200: Like Mean Streak, this coaster is rough, even for a steel coaster. But, since it was the first hyper coaster, the roughness can hardly be unexpected.

Well, that's all the coasters I did and didn't ride. I probably forgot a coaster, but I have not enough brain power to remember it at the moment.

As a little side note, I want you, who went to Cedar Point recently (2016) to share what you thought was best, worst, and meh.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
(Jun 3, 2016, 04:16 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Valravn actually wasn't bad. But, what everyone hates, is how long the wait is. It got over 2 hours more than once while we were there for 3 days.

Pretty much, if you don't want to wait 2h, you need fastpass, or get in the gate 1 hour early.

I got a 1-hour wait during normal operating hours.
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360