Vote for your favorite track! Round 239

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 239 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Kinnara

[Image: 577252acbc9ee.jpg]

#2: Yveltal

[Image: 5772e7b7e2670.jpg]

#3: Mirrors Edge: The Ride

[Image: 5774b425c4ba1.png]

#4: The Misty Blue

[Image: 5778670db44d7.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Saturday, July 9
Welp, great job to whoever created Mirror's Edge: The Ride.

You win, you win. (IMO)
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
whoever made kinnara is wayyy better at making parks than me XD
"Pick up the pieces. There is a better way. Pull yourself together. Try to make a change. This world's so twisted. You can still make a change. Protect and care for all around. Stop the spread of hate. You feel like the broken one over and over again. You taste blood you're through you're done. Only you can make it end."-Trivium: Broken One
[Image: blaconpr4.jpg]
Daaamm! We have some nice tracks here, mostly RCT2, I like that. I'll give feedback later if I have time.
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
Ummm, not sure who to vote for. All of them are really great.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
First I'd like to say I have nothing to do with the design of The Misty Blue - just to clarify if anyone would have read it that way. I do like the narrative though Wink

Now for CC:

Kinnara: Yet another good Brookwood coaster, nice backstory per usual as well. Considering that its coaster type is extremely limited compared to what they can do in RCT3 I feel like this one deserves props because it's still a very good coaster. There really isn't anything for me to say improvements-wise in all honesty... Although it still bothers me to see the default ride entrance/exit lol - just my OCD.

Yveltal: Needs a lot more work, terraforming, ground shrubbery, a POV, no endless plains in the background, terrapainting, and more scenery than just a station. You can get away with claiming my vote with this caliber on a 2D entry because they look much better in this kind of condition. But I will always be much harder on a RCT3 or NL entry when the resources are there and it just fails to deliver.

Mirrors Edge: The Ride - A great improvement over the last entry in my opinion, and there's really no room for improvement from what I can see. I look forward to seeing more of your work and, perhaps, a 3D version in the future?

The Misty Blue: Interesting name, interesting layout... you've improved your terra painting a bit after your hiatus... hmm... Not sure if it's good enough for the vote. I do like it but something is just... off... not sure what. If I figure out what that something is I'll post it. Actually... It's probably the lack of scenery. I know this is a hyper and they are difficult to theme because they are soo large, but it would probably benefit from some small additions here and there.

At this point all I know is that Yveltal isn't going to take my vote, I'll be back when I decide.
Team CoasterTech

Vote goes to #3: Mirrors Edge: The Ride
I liked the POV and it gave another view of the ride and how the peeps were reacting. I thought you did a good job filming for the method you used to do it. Creative theme, I like the overall design and colors. Well done.
I voted for kinnara.
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
My feedback for all entries:

Kinnara

I immediately recognize the style of its creator, and I like it. Nice layout and nice support addition. However, I find the scenery a bit simple. The station is not very detailed, and I'm not sure if the flowers at the exit and the canvas tent at the queue line are enough to make it impressive. Also, the folliage and the ground texture work is good, but I feel we can add something more to that idk what. Good entry in overall.

Last thing, I'm questionning myself about the position of the roller coaster on the map. I'm afraid that the way it is placed leads to overcrowding at this place because of guests who want to leave the park and can't find a direct access to the park exit. It's only a small detail that will not affect my vote.

Yveltal

Not the best track of this entry, unfortunately. With a name like that, I expect seeing a track that represents well the Pokémon Y lengedary pokémon of this name. However, I find myself in front of a roller coaster I can find in every attraction parks. It would be more original if the track was shaped like a Y as the pokémon does it with its wings and its tail. Also, the scenery has nothing to do with the pokémon, which is a dark type pokémon. The scenery should focus on that aspect of Yveltal instead of a beach feeling or something like that.

Mirrors Edge: The Ride

One of the most original roller coaster I've ever seen there. It perfectly represents Mirrors Edge and correctly brings the feeling of the game. The scenery is very amazing, but also faithful to the buildings we can see in this game. Furthermore, the layout fit very well with the buildings and I like the details on the buildings. All effort put in it was worth it, and it could be a potential winner for this round.

For the cellphone recording, it's not grave. The image looks clean for what I saw. And you're not the only one who did something like that. For my Super Mario Galaxy videos, I didn't have the choice to use my camera because I had nothing else for recording my play.

The Misty Blue

I think your roller coasters become more and more cleaner in term of scenery, especially for supports, and this entry really shows your progress. The station looks nice, but it can be better (it is cleaner too, I appreciate that). Also, what bothers me the most is the lack of scenery around it. Even if it could be difficult to make scenery on a hyper twister roller coaster, as ChrisMDB said, I would like to see some effort for that. The scenery is almost only trees, bushes and a bit of work on the land, and it makes it look boring. Not a bad entry tho.
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
I'm glad to see that RCT3 entries are taking a stand, Yveltal got my vote
I need a new signature.