NEW OLDIE HERE!!

Hello Fellow RCTers!!
I am an "old" RCTer from back around the turn of the century, 2000!
I have just come back to the "madness" after a very lonnnnng hiatus!! Tongue 
I've been involved with the Scenerios option on RCT3 and have reached TYCOON level on several of the parks in the last month or so!
Amazing how the sim still produces so much fun and creativity for the user!!
I do hope that I will be able to "pick your brain" when I have questions! Biggrin 
Thanks for this solid RCT FORUM!
I look forward to discussions , sharing and fun!!
11RCT Angel
Welcome to RCTgo. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and some one here should be able to help.
Hi and welcome. If you have any questions just ask, I'll try and help the best I can. I hope you will share your work and most of all have fun on this site. Smile
Welcome to the site! Nice to have another longtime vet from the very beginning here Smile As stated before feel free to post anything whether it be questions, concerns, thoughts, or simply stuff you would like feedback on.
Team CoasterTech

Thanks Chris, Crouch & HLH!!
Smile
I am using RCT3.
1st question:
Which downloads from our Forum will work with RCT3?
Where do I place the downloaded files on my harddrive so they function properly?
I noticed that there are 2 "places" on my harddrive where RCT files reside, the 1st is in the MY DOCUMENTS folder named ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON3 and the 2nd is in the PROGRAM FILES - ATARI folder.
Should I be placing downloaded files in BOTH folders?
Custom scenery files go here: your hard drive - (x86)program files - Atari - Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 - Style - Themed
[Image: zjpTf4S.jpg]
Structures, parks that other people have made to use in the game go into Documents - RCT3 - Structures (just as an example)
[Image: vTWvr6M.jpg]
All files stored in the "RCT3 Downloads" section on the site should be compatible with your game. If they don't work then they were installed wrong (just delete, re-download, and put the files in the correct directory to resolve this issue). Some roller coasters will come with Custom Scenery (CS) and to make sure these work on your computer you'll need to download all of the CS used with them.

CFR's are Custom Flat Rides, you may need to download some to prevent park files you download from crashing.

CTR's are Custom Tracked Rides, you may need these when downloading a coaster or a park.

Most downloads will come with a list of what CS/CTR/CFR's are needed for the download to run properly. I'm a dingus so I've yet to add those lists to my RCT3 coasters.
Team CoasterTech

Chris & Crouch,
Thanks so much for your quick replies!!
The info you've allotted is spectacular!!
Crouch, your instructional "photos" really do prove, "a picture is worth a thousand words!!"
Smile
THANKS!!
I am sure I'll have more questions for you "experts" soon!! Smile
Welcome to the forums. Hope you can enjoy your stay.
Hey mate, welcome to the site! As much of us have said already, I will add even more to that list.

If ya have questions, comments, suggestions, or CC (constructive criticism) do ask any of us on RCTgo, there's more than just a few that are willing to lend a helping hand!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!