Steel Cobra - Round 260 Winner

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 260 Winner

Congratulations to Terry Inferno's Steel Cobra, the latest winner of RCTgo's Build It Competiton! Steel Cobra beat the other three entries with 19 votes and 58% of the vote.

Description:
For many years, a small, forgettable amusement park thrived only on gentler family rides, such as bumper cars, go karts, river rapids, and funnel cakes. In the middle of the park sat a wooden roller coaster built in the 1920s, similar to the John A. Miller designs of that era. Unfortunately, as do most roller coasters built from wood instead of steel, it eventually caught fire and burned to the ground, scorching the earth around it and leaving piles of timber scattered on its former footprint.

The owner of this park asked a 6-year-old guest what should be built in place of the old roller coaster, to which the child replied, "A cobra." The owner, not wanting to offend the child or his asinine suggestion, agreed to build a cobra where the wooden roller coaster once stood. Since it would have required billions of dollars worth of research to genetically engineer a 3,000-foot cobra, not to mention the amount it would cost to feed it and keep it alive, the owner decided to just build another roller coaster instead. However, he remained true to his word and honored the child's suggestion during the naming process, adding the word "steel" to emphasize that this coaster would not burn down.

Unlike other well-known amusement parks, which will not be named at this time, the owner of this park had plenty of money, so he was able to hire B&M--the real B&M--to build his aesthetically-pleasing coaster, with Giovanola stepping in behind the scenes to build some of the extra steel supports. Since its opening in 2001, Steel Cobra has been consistently ranked in the top 7 floorless roller coasters worldwide, which is fitting since it has 7 inversions. Mitch Hawker described it as "the best new floorless roller coaster of 2001."

See final screenshot for ratings. Yes, funnel cakes are considered rides in some states.

Votes cast:
Steel Cobra - 19 votes
Aguila Loco - No votes
BRIX The Furnace - No votes
Hatchet - 14 votes
Congrats, Terry, on another win. I'm honestly surprised that The Hatchet garnered soo many votes... Aguila Loco wasn't bad enough to where it should have none.
Team CoasterTech

Congrats Terry. A well deserved Build it victory. Very Suprised that I got so many votes and Aguila Loco didn't. Either way it was a great entry. Thanks to everyone who made comments on what I could do better for Hatchet. Several of them have already. Even changed in the game. Once again,good job Terry and happy building to everyone!!!
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
congrats on the win))
Congrats Terry ! Good build !
Thanks, everyone!
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Congrats Terry!
Information Kiosk 2 looks too intense for me.
Congrats again, Terry! Although, I am a bit shocked that my entry got no votes. Tongue
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!