Vote for your favorite track! Round 264

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 264 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Rocket

[Image: 5917d352556e3.png]

#2: Drachen

[Image: 5918487c46d65.png]

#3: Forest Fury

[Image: 59184b041fc81.png]

#4: COFFEE COASTER 2

[Image: 591ce6c2c1e0b.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Saturday, May 27
Not really sure which to vote for... they're all fairly weak after looking. I'll be back with CC later (off to work in a minute) but overall I'm not really impressed with this round.
Team CoasterTech

I like Drachen, although the castle design isn't my favorite.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
Vote goes to Drachen
good competition 
cc later 
seems to be some recurring enterers
also entry no. 1 has to be a copy
I'm useless, but not for long, the future, is coming on
Alright, I've almost made my decision. Time for some CC!

Rocket:
Like the last round, the layout is impressive, the station is alright, and at least this time there's some park around it, but it's still missing many many features that could make this coaster solid. For instance, the foliating (landscaping) is terrible. No matter where you look, there's only 2-3 types of trees in each area where there are some. I'd try to make your foliating much more diverse and not really repetitive. You can do this by changing the type of tree/bush you use while placing and have more than just 2-3 trees. Terraforming and terrapainting are both pretty big issues here too. There's very little in the way of mountains or hills, and there's less than lovely terrapainting. I would suggest that your next entry, try and vary the land out a bit instead of making it flat. Vary the terrain colour by adding in types that makes a good blend. My last issue is actually the station. It's on the brink of being too simple. It's a flat, boxy building with very little detail. Next entry, do not try and limit yourself so this coaster HAS to be realistic. Just go crazy and make something beautiful. 

Prognosis: A decent entry, but could be way better.

6.5/10

Drachen: 
At first look, this looks very impressive. And when I get into the POV, it is very impressive. The foliating looks splendidly done, so as there's not endless grass plains following behind it. The scenery is pretty well done as well, though I really wish it had detail. As it stands, these buildings are really simple. Though, I do not know if NL2 allows for that kind of thing. The layout is buttery smooth, and the terraforming around it is really nice. Another small issue is the underpath(?) of the coaster is really boring. It needs life! Bring it life! It's too gray! All in all, these small issues still don't tarry me from voting for Drachen. It's the most well done coaster here.

9/10

Forest Fury: 
I wasn't expecting much past the first screen, but then I noticed how well done this RCT3 entry is. Apart from the lack of screens, this coaster is nearing some perfection, along the lines of simplicit RCT3. However, the station is really simple, (like most are) and I feel you could have done more with it. The supports and foliage however, are really well done, as is the terrapainting. The layout looks great, but from the POV, it looks very  rough in certain parts, which would be a killjoy for a wing coaster. All in all, this coaster will likely make second as I think Drachen just outshines yours.

8.5/10

COFFEE COASTER 2:
What can I say about this jambled mess? Oh, that it's a jambled mess. It's a good-lookin' jambled mess. What really draws me back is how over done the coffee theme is, and the very simplistic, but incredibly rough coaster behind this madness is. There's some foliating and terraforming, but not really much to combat this coaster. It may be just me, the scenery and all are pretty dang good, but the coaster is really just meh. Though, I do admit, it's supported very well. This could very well be an under-dog in this round, but this will not take my vote.

6/10

As noted in previous CC, I do not mean to hurt the entries, I want to help. My vote ultimately went to Drachen, as I thought it was the most well done coaster here. Pretty good round, but nothing spectacular by any means.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Okay, Constructive Criticism time:

Rocket:

As Slurp pointed out, this is strikingly familiar to Thunderbolt from last round, and ironically, is about the same quality as well. As Blaze said, this still needs a lot of work to be a winner (terraforming/painting, more scenery work and landscaping).

Drachen:

Probably the best entry this round, my only complaints are that the layout is a bit boring (mostly because it's rather short) and the buildings lack any sort of detail. (Also the whole composition is rather... grey.)

Forest Fury:

Not a bad B&M Wingrider, but not great either. The layout was simply alright and could have taken advantage of the first inversion/drop speed in a much better way. I personally don't think this is a winner, but that's just my opinion. (Also the station still needs a lot of work, mostly polish and details, but it needs work).

Coffee Coaster 2:

At first glance I honestly thought this was going to be my pick to win, after watching the POV and seeing that any rider's necks would be snapped I decided it was probably the worst in the round. If your coaster isn't realistic enough to be rideable if it were actually built I don't believe it should be worthy of a win in the competition.
Team CoasterTech

Rocket- I actually don't hate the terrapainting in this, I like how the ride frames the dirt areas. I don't think I have much else to add that hasn't already been said...just needs more development. 6/10

Drachen- This one gets my vote. Its's easily the best themed and most well-rounded entry. While some of the transitions look a little iffy, the layout is solid and you did a great job designing the ride to interact with and follow the shape of the artchitecture. I don't mind the grey-ness of it, but I'd suggest taking a bit more time to flesh out the details of the buildings- it seems rather minimalistic and feels a little modernist for a medeival theme. 8/10

Forest Fury- It looks nice, but too generic to be a winner in this round. The layout is solid, though it does handle that medium zero-g roll way too fast. You also did a good job with the foliage, it has the right amount of density and variety to be realistic. Like I said, though, it's too generic. Maybe it's the same creator, but we just had a "Forest Rage" in a recent round...the whole "Nature-Emotion" theme feels a bit overdone. The trees are nice, but they don't make the ride- some fly-throughs and additional scenery could really take this coaster to the top. A little more work and this would absolutely be a winner. 7/10

Coffee Coaster- Well...I don't know where to begin with this one. The scenery is actually pretty solid, and the creativity involved in both the unusual theme and the hideous death-trap layout reminds me of why I started playing RCT to begin with. That said, its still a hidoues death trap, so it's not going to get my vote. Also, while the scenery is good, it feels very jumbled from ride to ride- the park area you've shown doesn't seem very cohesive. 4/10, but the best of the recent death coasters.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQJ4pMy...jE-kXeN_YA
forgot to include for coffee coaster 2
Excitement:6.84 intensity:7.63 nausea:3.17
average speed :37.18 mph max :61.98 mph
8 inversions, 7 drops (highest 78.1 ft) airtime 7 seconds
(May 20, 2017, 10:19 PM)OffbeatToaster Wrote: Forest Fury- It looks nice, but too generic to be a winner in this round. The layout is solid, though it does handle that medium zero-g roll way too fast. You also did a good job with the foliage, it has the right amount of density and variety to be realistic. Like I said, though, it's too generic. Maybe it's the same creator, but we just had a "Forest Rage" in a recent round...the whole "Nature-Emotion" theme feels a bit overdone.  The trees are nice, but they don't make the ride- some fly-throughs and additional scenery could really take this coaster to the top. A little more work and this would absolutely be a winner. 7/10

I did create Forest Rage, however this entry is not mine.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975