Vote for your favorite track! Round 267

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 267 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Urban Ranger

[Image: 5943320d85821.png]

#2: Great White

[Image: 59433ffa6ac78.png]

#3: Transmission Wire

[Image: 59435044cdc90.jpg]

#4: Warbirds

[Image: 595184ab0efd3.png]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Monday, July 3
Surprised no one has commented on this round yet to be honest... I'll get around to posting CC tomorrow, it's 10:49 right now and I just got back from Busch Garden's, Williamsburg, so it's time for bed...
Team CoasterTech

(Jun 28, 2017, 10:50 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: Surprised no one has commented on this round yet to be honest... I'll get around to posting CC tomorrow, it's 10:49 right now and I just got back from Busch Garden's, Williamsburg, so it's time for bed...

probably because nobody has entered a track to start the round in so long lol
Well I've already voted. And I should have an entry ready for the next round. I'm looking forward to it. If I win I'll post a tutorial video of the method I used to build my entry you'll have to wait till the next round to see it though
(Jun 29, 2017, 03:03 PM)rctmuttindudge Wrote: Well I've already voted. And I should have an entry ready for the next round. I'm looking forward to it. If I win I'll post a tutorial video of the method I used to build my entry you'll have to wait till the next round to see it though

Who'd you vote for? I'm not gonna judge you on what you voted for, just curious Biggrin
I think people are tired of Build-It! because of the big amount of lower-quality entries we had in the last rounds. They are disappointed by seeing entries that don't really deserve the win, so they start to care less about it. I even feel that this round is a bit weak too. I'll give feedback for each entry later.
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
I think I know which one of these is going to win.
[Image: FOVJPXXJ52Q8RCE.MEDIUM.jpg]
^Click to visit my downloads page.  Most recent additions: House of Pandamonium II, Dual Invasion (Octopus/Basilisk), Spooky Splasher
Coasters in the picture: Grand Zephyr, Wyvern, Perilous Pipeline, Bushmaster
Those last rounds looked weak, and this one doesn't make an exception. So, I feel that I should start giving feedback again to encourage players to improve their entries. There is my feedback:

Urban Ranger:

In term of scenery and area management, this is the best entry: the area is complete with a few rides and all the structures are well built. The only thing that bothers me with that is that the area is very isolated from the rest of the park, but I can understand that if you built that in an OpenRCT2 server.

In term of coaster design, I'm a bit confused. It took me some time to understand it's going clockwise, with the boosters between each inversion making the trains go faster. It's not that the design is bad, unoriginal or not fitting the area, it's just that is was not clear at the start because it's not a traditional layout. It might also loose some points because it can't be compared to real life coasters.

In general, it's a pretty good entry, especially with all the scenery around it.

Great White:

This entry is difficult to judge because I hardly see all the details around the roller coaster, mostly with the lack of revelant screenshots and a confusing POV. What I suggest is to take more screenshots on more views so we can fully see how the entry looks like. Plus, try to choose a different view for the POV, because all those rotating seats make it very hard to follow.

For what I can see, this is the best entry in term of coaster design. It totally looks like something that could be made in real life, and it's well done. However, there is not much in term of scenery. I mostly see trees, rocks, tunnels and a few elements on the beach. Also, I saw you went for an aquatic theme for the station. It would be better if you were able to extend this theme further rather than just doing it for the station.

Compared to the other Planet Coaster entries, this is a step backward, but it's not a bad entry.

Transmission Wire:

I don't have much to say about it. There are a few buildings that lack of details, many supports which I'm not sure what they should represent, some waterfalls and a lot of foliage to cover the rest of the land. This doesn't really show advanced skill that makes it worth the win. Advice: try to focus more on scenery and try to make the area around it interesting instead of filling it with foliage, that will give it a reason to exist.

Warbirds:

Not bad! This entry has some interesting details around the coaster, like that covered lift section, all the elements about planes and aerial stuff and the scenery around the queue lines which is very neat. For the coaster design, there are some sections that are very interesting, like those corkscrews and the inversion setup at the beginning, but there are parts that are not that good, especially on the blue track. The trains goes too fast in the zero G rolls in my opinion, and the second half is a bit too fast as well. The green track doesn't seem to have those problems though. The rest of the tracks is a bit messy with brakes a bit everywhere, trying to dose the speed of the trains. This shows that the layouts don't have a very good flow if they need to be corrected that way.

If the layouts were neater, this could be a potential winner.

I'm deciding between Urban Ranger and Great White, but I'll probably vote for Urban Ranger since it's more complete and I have a better idea of what it looks like.
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
Compared to recent months, this is actually a fairly strong round with some solid entries.

Urban Ranger
This is one of the more colorful RCT2 entries we've seen, and also one of the first to prominently feature trackitecture, including shops as scenery. This technique is considered advanced, so the details are not to be overlooked. Other scenery highlights include the shrub-and-barrel planters and the re-purposed Six Flags signs denoting other attractions. The environment as a whole resembles something that could feasibly exist in a neon-centric part of Asia, such as Tokyo, Beijing, or Seoul. Although it works as an aesthetic addition to the ride, my only complaint about the layout is the barrel roll between the loops. Since the boosters between the inversions seem to progressively speed the train up between inversions, RCT2 knowledge dictates that the train must be traveling at least 36 MPH before it hits the booster immediately preceding the barrel roll. I'm willing to overlook this detail since it passes Chris Sawyer's inspection, but from a realistic standpoint, a flat barrel roll should not directly follow a loop. Overall, this entry uses some great building techniques not yet seen on RCTgo.

Great White
This coaster showcases Planet Coaster's signature smoothness, and the tropical environment's strongest points are the rocky tunnels and the aquatic station. The scenic landscape would be perfect if it weren't for the heavily condensed trees underneath the coaster. Since I've never played Planet Coaster, I'm not familiar with exactly how many trees builders have to choose from, but the left side of the first screenshot gives the impression that the same thick tree was placed over and over in the same orientation, which completely offsets the natural beauty of the realistic beach scene. In contrast, screenshot two is, without question, the best Planet Coaster screenshot on the entire site, so had the foliage been varied to the same extent throughout the environment as it was in that image instead of the same tree being plopped down in almost gridlike precision, this entry would be a benchmark for Planet Coaster innovation in Build It. Supra's claim that it "totally looks like something that could be made in real life" may be even more accurate than he realizes, as this is essentially a barrel roll away from being an Eejanaika clone, the only existing S&S Arrow 4th Dimension coaster.

Transmission Wire
Going by idea alone, this is original and clever. You've also generated the highest ratings any of us have likely ever seen on a mini suspended coaster. It falls short in execution mainly due to simplistic foliage and terrain techniques; only three types of trees are used on the entire map--70% of which are oak trees--and the hills are plain grass throughout, so the entry doesn't really pop from the screenshots. The support work, however, works very well for this design. Take this idea, drop it in any large park with other existing rides, and you'll have successfully combined the roller coaster with the chairlift. I would also suggest reviewing older RCT2 entries to improve architectural techniques; the intricacies of this game allow factories to go far beyond the realm of solid grey steel structures. There is one in particular that prominently features industrial buildings, though no names will be mentioned. If you can combine your original ideas with more advanced techniques, you will surely make a name for yourself in the Build It competition.

Warbirds
This is an example of a complete RCT3 entry that unfortunately falls short because it doesn't really stand out. Everything from the supports to the rockwork is built with realistic precision, yet the only memorable features are the garage doors on the lift hill and the fighter jet models scattered around the track. This would actually be an entertaining coaster to watch from the sidelines, as the trains complement each other beautifully from a third-person perspective, so it would definitely enhance the environment to build paths around it to give onlookers a more interactive experience. From a rider's perspective, this design falls victim to a classic dueling coaster flaw: one track being significantly better than the other. While Tomcat would work just fine as a standalone coaster, Freedom Fighter is the only one that actually gives riders the dueling coaster experience. After the first loop, Tomcat riders never see the other train again throughout the duration of the ride, while riders on Freedom Fighter experience narrowly avoiding the F-14 train as it travels through the barrel roll, as well as the unique experience of traveling with the other train through the corkscrew section. This gives the impression that Tomcat only exists to enhance Freedom Fighter without the latter returning the favor, which, in a real park, would cause Freedom Fighter to become heavily favored between the two. It also has a much smoother layout in general compared to its counterpart. I have no complaints about the scenery or landscaping techniques used in this design.

Keep at it, you're all on your way!
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Honestly I don't know how I am going to vote for this
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect