RCT3 PLEASE HELP i broke the game

So I recently got a new pc and monitor, and I noticed that RCT3 was warped to fit the resolution of my monitor instead of just having the black bars on the side, I wanted to change this, so I went into the options menu and changed the aspect ratio setting and my game immediately crashed. i tried opening it back up again, but it wouldn't start. please help. 

UPDATE i went into the rct3 folder and found the options notepad thing. i switched it to 1920 1080 and i can open and play the game, but there are weird glitches for example, shadows are now 100 times darker so the ground is nothing but black. this wouldn't normally be much of a problem except im building what's supposed to be an indoor theme park. Also, the icons on the menu are very fidgety. please help i want to be able to see things in my indoor park
Your best bet is to probably uninstall the game and reinstall it again.
Team CoasterTech

(Aug 24, 2017, 04:16 PM)JackTheTicTac Wrote: So I recently got a new pc and monitor, and I noticed that RCT3 was warped to fit the resolution of my monitor instead of just having the black bars on the side, I wanted to change this, so I went into the options menu and changed the aspect ratio setting and my game immediately crashed. i tried opening it back up again, but it wouldn't start. please help. 

UPDATE i went into the rct3 folder and found the options notepad thing. i switched it to 1920 1080 and i can open and play the game, but there are weird glitches for example, shadows are now 100 times darker so the ground is nothing but black. this wouldn't normally be much of a problem except im building what's supposed to be an indoor theme park. Also, the icons on the menu are very fidgety. please help i want to be able to see things in my indoor park

If you are experiencing these strange things while playing the game, make sure to back up your game files on a flash drive. Something sounds wrong with the game. Check compatibility. I'm on Windows 10 on a gaming laptop. When I installed it again (recently) I experienced some glitches or crashing. I used the rum compatibility troubleshooter and it set the game to recommended settings. After I did that I didn't have any issues. If you got the game through Steam I'm not sure if this would work. To access Compatibility - Right Click on the RCT3 Icon on your desktop, go to properties, go to the 3rd tab which is Compatibility. If you are not sure which mode to run it in select the tab that says Run compatibility Troubleshooter. It will take a minute or so. It will ask you if you want to run the game on the recommended settings. You can test the settings by running the game or you can just accept it. Then try going into the game again and see if you are having the same issues. If this doesn't work, I would back everything up and re-install the game.