Miami Miracle Mile

Hello everyone,

Here is an RCT-2 park that I spent the better part of a year on, it's my own version of the Miami Beach resort scene: Miami Miracle Mile!

[Image: aapgjguyh.jpg]

The first resort I put up was named "The Majestic."

[Image: aanghgytbh.jpg]

Generous pool in the back...

[Image: aajghgngh.jpg]

Someday I want to build the same resort in RCT-3 if I ever find the time.

At the end of the bay we have the Avalon.

[Image: aajgjghty.jpg]

[Image: aahghgythg.jpg]

Here is one of the more detailed high-rises...

[Image: aakgjgjhj.jpg]

[Image: aadgrgdgs.jpg]

As you can see from the first pic, there are many structures to this build... beachfront high-rises of course, but also a number of dept. stores, theaters, a ball park and restaurants, like this Howard Johnson's, anyone remember those?

[Image: aadgtsga.jpg]

More to come!

Thx Smile
Love the resorts!!! They look so cool and they each have their own style!! Biggrin
Sweet Mother of Monkey Milk that's amazing
Thanks you guys, here are some more screens...

Here is the ballpark.

[Image: kljusx.jpg]

I have since put glass sun shades over the crowd.

The ballpark has it's own hotel, and guests who book rooms on that side get a ringside seat to the games.

[Image: hugfvc.jpg]

Over by the pool they have those barbecues, sometimes during games they grill steaks and half the ballpark can smell steaks grilling with nowhere to get one! lol Frown

[Image: gyfrd.jpg]

Biggrin

This shot was taken during construction on the Majestic.

[Image: SCR2.png]

It reveals how tall buildings are made: you raise the land up to make the upper floors, then you pull the land down (you lose one floor this way) and then build from the ground up...

I can get about 35 stories this way.

(Most buildings though are not that tall, I was saving the very tallest for the center of the park.)

[Image: l_kijsa.jpg]

[Image: nmbjhews.jpg]

[Image: hgtfrd.jpg]

Thx Smile
Thx1138 Wrote:It reveals how tall buildings are made: you raise the land up to make the upper floors, then you pull the land down (you lose one floor this way) and then build from the ground up...

I used to build tall buildings this way as well, and the 300-foot range (30-40 stories) is an unfortunate drawback to this method.

I much prefer the Ctrl key, which allows construction from a set height rather than raising an object all the way from ground level. However, I didn't actually discover this little trick until 2015, so I spent many hours using the classic land method.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
That's a great tip, I had no idea, I'll have to use that next time I'm doing something in rct2!

Sadly, that park is sitting in my old HD from my old computer, I didn't save the file anywhere, but I'm used to starting over I suppose... Biggrin

Thx Smile
Oh, how lovely. Not only a RCT3 city themed park, but a RCT2 one as well! Personally, I find this more suiting than your RCT3 folly, but I do have a slight favour for RCT2.

Each bit is well crafted on each build, but this shines bright in my eyes. Great job on this one, mate!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!