Greetings and new to RCTgo and to RTC in general

Hi all,

I missed this game back in the day as I was firmly into wargaming and RPGs with only SimCity (on CGA) to scratch the building itch (and then some TT and TTD as well).

So iI am having a blast both with the ipad RCT Classic, RCT2 and now OpenRCT.

The only real problem I have encountered is the following:

I cannot seem to get any custom tracks to load properly in the game so I can use them.

For my RCT2 install I put them in the tracks folder.

For OpenRCT I put them in the documents/OpenRCT/tracks folder.

I can see the files when I use the manager and click install, but when I try to complete the process it tells me I already have a file with that name and I need to give it a new one (although the rides to NOT show up in the scenario designer, the ride desinger, etc. at this point).

So I provide a new name and then I see a message that states that it could not save the file.  No other explanation or anything.

I have tried it with rides from this site, from the Amazing Earl site, etc.

None of the rides, even if they clearly state that they require no addons (although I have them) or customer scenery will load.

Take Black Spirax for example.

So I must be missing a step, but I cannot figure out what it is and help has not been forthcoming on other forums I have posted to.

Can someone here give me step by step instructions to follow so I can see what step I am missing?

Regards,
Hey there, Major! Welcome to the site. It is great to see another OpenRCT2 user! If you have more questions, do go ahead and ask us on site, or on our Discord channel: https://discord.gg/xFfFsbG. It might be useful to ask that same question here, on Discord as you might get answers more quickly.

There are also aficionados of OpenRCT2 like Terry Inferno you might want to DM about this issue. If nothing works, go ahead and say hi to OpenRCT forums. They'd be able to help you out more than I would be able to.

I hope you enjoy the site! We love to have you here. Have fun!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
(Oct 28, 2017, 01:10 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Hey there, Major! Welcome to the site. It is great to see another OpenRCT2 user! If you have more questions, do go ahead and ask us on site, or on our Discord channel: https://discord.gg/xFfFsbG. It might be useful to ask that same question here, on Discord as you might get answers more quickly.

There are also aficionados of OpenRCT2 like Terry Inferno you might want to DM about this issue. If nothing works, go ahead and write up a report on OpenRCT2's gitter.

I hope you enjoy the site! We love to have you here. Have fun!

Many thanks.  I just singed up for Discord and made a post.  I probably put it in the wrong place, I have no experience with Discord and will have to learn what goes where.
Welcome to rctgo!
Welcome to the RCT community! Smile