RCT2 Hard Hat Area

And so the real fun starts...
Good luck on getting through the most detailed landscaping job ever done and shown for RCT2 on this site, Terry. At this point, you're an inspiration for others among us to come up with something of a similar technical skill when it comes to that terraforming, because sweet mother of custom landscape objects, that is really something to look at.
Currently working on a fictional Italian non-park. Expected release date: Soonâ„¢

[Image: QLvoQOM.png]
Wow I didn't think RCT2 could do these things. It must be Open RCT2 he's using
He is using ORCT2
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
TCC is right. He is using OpenRCT2. While RCT2 can support custom scenery, and other custom rides, it can't do other things like trackitecture without a whole bunch of mods. OpenRCT2 allows you to do a lot more than RCT2 can/did.

Terry's work is in OpenRCT2, and it is no more than a masterpiece already. Both OpenRCT2, and this ongoing creation. Wink
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
@vanellope: Technically, RCT2 can do all the things I can see in that project right now through trainers, which can allow for some crucial things like zero clearances, track merges and having a tile inspector tool, but then again, you could consider OpenRCT2 as one big trainer.
Currently working on a fictional Italian non-park. Expected release date: Soonâ„¢

The ability to toggle clearances is one of the best features in OpenRCT2, and not just the fact that you can turn them off, but also that you can turn them back on again. As long as it took to stack all of the landblocks in this landscape, it would have taken even longer had clearances been turned off, and all of the heights had to be set individually.

(technically, with the Tile Inspector, the whole park could have been built with vanilla clearances, but I would have to push the release date to 2019)

Even little additions like the scenery picker, which allows you to just duplicate an existing scenery piece rather than look for it and recolor it, have helped speed up the building process.

With this particular project, the most useful feature from OpenRCT2 has been the ability to open the Object Selection and swap out scenery pieces. I'm at the tail end of building this, and I'm still adding new scenery items to it. I don't know if any trainers let you do that, but it's definitely not possible in vanilla RCT2.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
OK well my question is if vanilla RCT2 can support CS and CTRs how do I install them? It must be different than installing CS and CTRs in RCT3. I know how it works in RCT3 but not RCT2
It's the same principle, just different folder names. In RCT2, they go into the same folder, called ObjData in vanilla.

On Windows 7, this is how you get to that folder:

Local Disk --> Program Files (x86) --> Infogrames Interactive --> RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 --> Compatibility Files 
--> ObjData

Compatibility Files is italicized because it isn't a folder, but rather a button in the toolbar above the list of folders.
¡Viva Mexico!
There's probably an object selection feature in some obscure old trainer, but having the ability to do that on the fly might definitely a new one for OpenRCT2. RWE or Louis might be able to add to that. The eye-dropper tool is by far the most productive feature, for sure.

To add to what Terry mentioned, if you use OpenRCT2, it is recommended to use its own folder for adding objects for the sake of easy management. For Windows users, the OpenRCT2 folder that contains that folder is in 'My Documents'. The names between vanilla RCT2 and OpenRCT2 differ, keep in mind. It'll be 'ObjData' for vanilla, yes, but 'object' in the case of OpenRCT2.

So it should be: (gonna borrow Terry's mad formatting skills now):

Local Disk --> Users --> [username] --> Documents --> OpenRCT2 --> object

After 3 months of excruciating custom scenery work (which I will never do again for a single coaster), it's time to return to the faster (but more limiting) realm of NCSO.

[Image: V9tPgRW.jpg]

Structures and environment are styled after late 50s/early 60s Googie architecture influenced by the Space Age.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googie_architecture

Don't let me spend a whole month on this.
¡Viva Mexico!