RCT2 Help: Ideas with building on slope

Hi all,

With reference to the attached picture, I would like to make a in-door kind of queue path for my bumper boat, but it is not possible to follow the same theme with the rest of my queue path as I can't build the same type of wall on slope. Even tile inspector doesn't allow me to slope it. Does anyone have any idea as to how can I build an covered queue path when a segment of it is on a slope such that it doesn't look bare?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In OpenRCT2, the wooden fence is your best friend.

[Image: jyRsw1v.jpg]

Since it's a fence and not a wall, it slants automatically when placed on a slope. Using the Tile Inspector, you can raise the base height (see large arrow) of one of them and stack sloped fences on top of each other.

[Image: cVibvyU.jpg]

If done correctly, it should look something like this:

[Image: 787IRov.jpg]

It will also help to Disable Clearance Checks during this process, especially when adding a roof. Since canvas roof doesn't slope, you'll have to use one of the sloped roof pieces to cover this section (or trackitecture if you really want to get fancy).
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Firstly, welcome to the forums.

As for your query this time, I have a quick solution for you, though it's not exactly perfect. I suggest you lower the land underneath the sloped section of the path, and use this wall piece inside the cut-out land area: 

It should appear simply as "Wall", though if you want to be specific in finding it, the object file itself is titled 'WALLSK16.DAT'.

This piece seems to fit well with the wall piece you've used, though not a perfect match. As far as the game's NCSO selection goes, I'm afraid this is the only option you have. Now, simply build the other wall and canvas roof you've used above this, and you'll end up with this: 

That's pretty much it. The game suffers from terrible Z-fighting at the moment, so while this does look fine at certain times, you'll occasionally notice the wall clipping through the slope. You can try using the 'Disable clearance checks' cheat and raise back the land you'd cut out, but it's not a guarantee you won't see clipping.

I hope this helps you.
Currently working on a fictional Italian non-park. Expected release date: Soonâ„¢

[Image: QLvoQOM.png]