The Last Jedi

Just got back from watching it! Awesome! I chose to watch it in 2d but still really good!
I agree that it was really good. I loved it!
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
Pretty bad compared to the rest of the series IMO, better than The Force Awakens though, not that that's saying much.
Team CoasterTech

I don't think there are any spoilers in my rant but beware just incase.

I'd put it as the 3rd worst star wars movie, only in front of TPM and AotC because of their awful writing and cgi, and just behind TFA. I don't know where the lore masters behind the writing were in making this. TLJ looked pretty and the cgi was well done but the new director seems to have ignored everything that made "Star Wars" star wars.  JJ Abrams did a great job of setting up where the story of Star Wars could go in TFA with Snoke, the Kylo-Vader relationship, Luke, and Rey's Lineage, but it was all thrown out. The whole Fin-Rose love subplot cliche was also easily the most dreadful part of the film and felt forced. I don't know how the new director messed this up so bad when he had so much to work with, it almost feels like one of those "Hold my beer" meme moments. Most disappointing of all, all of the Star Wars theory youtube channels must feel awful right now because all of their research and theorizing about Snoke and Rey's background were thrown out in some cases (you know who if you've seen it) without any explanation as to who they are/were.
It may not be entirely the director's fault and it could just be Disney forcing their ideas but no one really knows about that.

Rant over

Also for all I know there is a good chance that a lot of the things we have seen in the movie may not be as they seem so some of the decisions may make sense in time.
Rudy, I'd like to point out that the Podracing scene in The Phantom Menace had more miniatures than all three of the OT films combined, there were more practical effects used in the Prequels than CGI, believe it or not, and the only films to use more CGI than practical effects are the ones made by Disney.

Don't believe me? Here's a good video detailing some of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhpFsO8w...qqjcmLAK2A
Team CoasterTech

I think its just the way that the real props and the cgi come together that make it look bad, likely due to lighting and other computer editing limitations.
Just wanted to make sure that was known, plenty of people hate on the Prequels for CGI when in reality they are hating real models. I don't think the CGI they used has aged poorly, but that's just my opinion.

Also, this and TFA are both below all of the other Star Wars movies IMO (yes that means below the Clone Wars movie as well).
Team CoasterTech

What did u guys think of Rogue One? I'm kinda old school with the movies, I grew up with the originals, didn't care too much for the Jar Jar Binks ones (as I call them)! But so far I've enjoyed these newer ones and I'm pretty excited for Solo to come out. For years and years I talked a lot of crap about cgi because I love the creature effects etc. I also like the real locations over a complete cgi world. But as long as it convinces me I'm ok with cgi where needed. I enjoyed the story this go around but at the end of the day I guess this next generation of filmmakers can only get Disney to bankroll it if they know there will be a sequel, so I felt the story was geared to leave it open for sequels.
Rogue One was very slow for the first two acts and didn't really do anything significant until they arrived on 'Scarif' (still should have been Kuat but Disney doesn't respect the source material). It was an ok movie with one good act, characters that neither developed nor did much until the very end of the film, and let's be honest no one was attached to them because we didn't know them and we knew they were going to die regardless of how the film progressed. CGI Tarkin looked disgusting, Krennic was a throwaway character, the Death Star's 'half-power' mode disrespects the source material, yada-yada-yada. Did I mention how the first two-thirds of the movie seemed like they were trying way too hard to incorporate Rebels?

The Battle of Scarif was ok, although they should have never even thought about bringing Hammerheads back, needless fanservice right there. The Vader hallway scene was good, they disrespected the source material (again) adding a new Mon Cala starship that never existed in the 30+ years of established lore.

I'll stop ranting though, I'm just an EU fan with a license to hate Disney after the garbage they've produced.
Team CoasterTech

Rouge One is my favorite Star Wars movie. The Last Jedi is above Clones and Force Awakens.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975