Vote for your favorite track! Round 280

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 280 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Sonic The Hedgehog: The Ride/Bonescrew [RCT3]

[Image: 5a770f5636477.jpg]

#2: Thundering Sierra

[Image: 5a7d3229c023d.jpg]

#3: Screamin' Demon

[Image: 5a888479ba585.png]

#4: Nexus

[Image: 5a88b97c7f412.png]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Sunday, February 25
A bit of a wait for this round but it's here finally! First off, thanks to all the entries and for sharing your creations. For anyone new here remember this thread will contain CC (constructive criticism). These are the other user's opinions and advice. Don't take anything personal but rather use it to your advantage. Best of luck to everyone! Here's my two cents...

#1: Sonic The Hedgehog: The Ride/Bonescrew [RCT3]

It would appear this user may not have known how the build it competition works or maybe they've never entered before, but I would recommend adding plenty of screenshots and even a pov video if possible so we can see your work. This one is hard to tell anything about with only one picture that doesn't do the entry justice. Best of luck to you anyway but maybe in the future read up on the rules in the forum or ask for advice from any of the veterans or moderators.

#2: Thundering Sierra

Wow! That's the first thing that comes to mind. I usually play rct3 and my entries in the past have always been rct3 creations, but this entry really draws me in! So much going on, so much to see! I love the theme, the details are on point, and this was my first pick as I browsed through this rounds entries. Beautiful work!

#3: Screamin' Demon

I don't know much about this version of rct, but the first thing I noticed was there wasn't any theming or much going on other than the actual ride. The coaster itself looks like it might be fun but I wish there was more going on. Best of luck anyway!

#4: Nexus

I always enjoy this creator's entries, they're always awesome! Consistently on point! I love the details and how you use other in-game rides as scenery. This was hard for me and I was stuck between this entry and Thundering Sierra. Both entries are awesome but I can only pick one. I think it's going to be a close race between this one and Thundering Sierra!

There can only be one so I chose Thundering Sierra! Best of luck everyone!
Difficult choice between "Nexus" and "Thundering Sierra". "Screamin Demon" has a decent layout, but clearly lacks any form of theming or terraforming. Hard to tell anything about "Sonic The Hedgehog", since we 're only given 1 screenshot.

I'm going with "Thundering Sierra".
Wait, what, the round has finally started?!?! I voted for Thundering Sierra
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
For how long it took, this is actually a really good round.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
Oh boy, clash of the two titans here, I've been waiting for this! (Next on the wishlist is to see four of the ORCT2 gurus in a round together)

As Brad said above, CC is meant to help, but the only two I'll really be supplying for already know that, so:

Sonic:

As has already been said we can't see your work, and based off of one screenshot that shows a small portion of one turn on your ride you likely won't win. In the future paste a POV video into your description and upload more screenshots to remedy this.

Thundering Sierra:

Fantastic on all accounts, I do think that the layout here edges out Nexus by a tad, but I'll explain that in a moment.

Screamin' Demon:

If this were any other round this would have been disqualified for lack of any sort of scenery/theming (letting you know so you can fix that for next time if you weren't aware).

Nexus:

You had said I'd be impressed with the unvealing of your 'surprise' and I have to agree, I am. The scenery work here is fantastic and I'm very pleased/proud to have watched you grow on site (I know you didn't think you'd be where you are today back when you joined, lol). With that being said, some old habits die hard and some of the wonkiness displayed in earlier layouts still persist on into the present. Everything on the first screen is great and flows nicely, the trackitecture works as both nice sturdy support work and as a nicely detailed roof on the station. I think that the track supporting the sharply inclined hill is a strange choice that both works and doesn't at the same time. Had you used inverted track I think it may have worked out a bit better in my opinion, but we wouldn't know unless you tried it. Another small thing with the layout is that one of the hills looks as though it's a tad bit close to the first drop, but that's probably just a nitpick. The portion of the layout following the initial drop is also a bit strange, I'm not sure if it's because it's unconventional or if it's just me, but I don't know.

I'm not sure which I'll vote for in the end, but I am leaning more towards Thundering Sierra at the moment.
Team CoasterTech

Thundering Sierra gets my vote, but simply because there's more to it, its the same level of detail as Nexus, with just more in quantity

Great round though, totally worth the wait
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

Thundering sierra for me
I'm back at it! Let's take a look at the entries.

o Sonic The Hedgehog: The Ride/Bonescrew [RCT3] - Sorry, but based on the one vague screenshot, I'm not going to judge.

o Thundering Sierra

Layout Originality - 28/30 Dude, this layout is crazy. It goes in and out of itself, and is super unique. Awesome.
Custom Supports - 17/20 Are those custom supports? I haven't used RCT2 in a long time, so I'm not 100% sure. Either way, I like the supports.
Ride Smoothness - 18/20 A bit hard to judge because of no POV, but from what I can see, everything is smooth and flows well; nice job.
Theme - 20/20 I don't think you could have themed it better; great!
How Much I Want To Ride - 9/10 I'd love to give this a shot. Super unique ride!

Overall score - 92/100. Excellent coaster overall - the stand-out coaster this round in my eyes.

o Screamin' Demon

Layout Originality - 25/30 Nice layout, I think it's pretty good.
Custom Supports - 3/20 All straight supports leads to a low score in this category. Take a look at Thundering Sierra for an idea on how to better your custom supports Wink
Ride Smoothness - 14/20 Again; no video, so a bit hard to judge, but sans the tight corkscrews with the batwing, it all seems fine to me.
Theme - 3/20 I don't really see a theme here. The most is colors which might resemble a demon, but with so much open space, there's a LOT of potential there.
How Much I Want To Ride - 7/10 I'd be interested to give it a try, but I don't think I'd be amazed by it.

Overall Score - 52/100. Not a bad coaster, but a lot of missed potential. This is the kind of coaster that if you wait a week for and add on to, it'll be grand.

o Nexus

Layout Originality - 20/30 Interesting layout. It has some cool moments, but doesn't look like anything too amazing overall.
Custom Supports - 13/20 I'll give you a few extra points for the cool supports over the pathway and on the lift hill, but the supports aren't quite on the level of Thundering Sierra.
Ride Smoothness - 15/20 Very smooth ride indeed. Just a couple banks that looked to be in need of some smoothing, but not bad.
Theme - 18/20 I feel this is where the ride shines the most. Gotta love a good terrain coaster! Love the station too.
How Much I Want To Ride - 8/10 Yeah, I think I'd really like it! Looks like a re-rideable coaster too Wink

Overall Score - 72/100. Pretty good ride. There's definitely room for improvement, but I like it.

So yeah; as I mentioned, the stand-out here was Thundering Sierra, and it got my vote Smile Nexus was a close second favorite. Good luck to all, however!
I need a new signature.
It's pretty much neck and neck for me between Nexus and Running Sierra. But looking at the architecture and labor, I chose Running Sierra. Good luck creator!