I'm new

I'm really new to this.  I'm even having problems loading the downloads into RCT3.  Windows explorer keeps crashing when I either try to drag and drop or copy and paste. Also winzip doesn't like the files I want to put them in.    Problems, problems all day long.

Retsarge
Welcome to the site, if WinZip keeps giving you issues I'd recommend trying 7zip, which is free and I can personally verify that it should work for downloads on site. As for Windows Explorer crashing you may just be better off using Chrome.

If you have any specific issues with downloads feel free to let us know and we'll see what we can do to help you out.
Team CoasterTech

Welcome to the site, Retsarge. If you have more and more questions, be sure to let us know here, or check out our Discord site which can be found here: https://discord.gg/xFfFsbG.

I second Chris about switching to Google Chrome. It's better than Explorer by a good margin, in my opinion. I've not downloaded much content from RCT3 here (yes, I used to have RCT3, what a shock), and that was a long time ago, so, unfortunately, I can't help ya there. Though, I do hope you can find some more help if Chris' tips don't fix it - good luck!

Once more, welcome to the site! See you around!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Hi. Sorry you are having a hard time. As ChrisMDB mentioned  7 zip https://www.7-zip.org/ is a good program to use to extract your files because it can open up .rar files. It's free and I use it all the time. They have 2 versions so make sure to check if your computer to see which one you need to use. These are the versions. 
32-bit x86 
64-bit x64 
The best place to download custom scenery sets is from The Custom Scenery Depot Website
http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php
Feel free to ask any time if you have questions about installing custom scenery sets. I will do my best to help.
Hi and welcome, again let us know if anything specific comes up, we're here to help

@Blaze he said windows explorer, like the file navigating system, not internet explorer
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

Welcome to rctgo!
thanks to all of you for the info.  I've been able to copy the files to RTC3, BUT, the file extention .trk is not allowing the tracks to show up in the list of coasters.  I have searched the files and they all seem to have the extention .ovl.  Also I have 21 wooden coasters listed in the list of coasters but in the file labeled wooden rc  there is only two listed.  Where are all the others?  Am I putting the .trk files in the wrong file or what.  Any help would be appreciated.

Retsarge Eek
(Mar 15, 2018, 06:20 PM)Retsarge Wrote: I'm really new to this.  I'm even having problems loading the downloads into RCT3.  Windows explorer keeps crashing when I either try to drag and drop or copy and paste. Also winzip doesn't like the files I want to put them in.    Problems, problems all day long.

Retsarge

(Mar 16, 2018, 06:15 PM)Retsarge Wrote: thanks to all of you for the info.  I've been able to copy the files to RTC3, BUT, the file extention .trk is not allowing the tracks to show up in the list of coasters.  I have searched the files and they all seem to have the extention .ovl.  Also I have 21 wooden coasters listed in the list of coasters but in the file labeled wooden rc  there is only two listed.  Where are all the others?  Am I putting the .trk files in the wrong file or what.  Any help would be appreciated.

Retsarge Eek

Which Custom Track are you using? Can you share the link where you got the download from? Then I can take a look at the file and tell you for sure. If it is just a .trk file that someone else made you need to put it into Documents/RCT3/Coasters. You need to know what kind of custom track the person used who made the track you are using. You need to install that track.
the cars would go into your hard drive program files x86/Atari/Roller Coaster Tycoon 3/Cars/TrackedRideCars
the custom track file would go into your hard drive program files x86/Atari/Roller Coaster Tycoon 3/Tracks/TrackedRides
Hope that helps.
As far as extracting the files goes I recommend Win rar. I know when you download it after so many days it tells you to buy it or remove it from the computer but I just ignore that. Its a really useful program and you can set it up to read .7z files
Hello Everyone, An Admission consultant from India. Such a nice site here. Great info and suggestions found around. Thanks.

Apple Laptop Repair in Bangalore