RCT3 RCT3 crashes on Windows XP

Yesterday, I received a copy of RCT3 Platinum in the mail (CD-ROM). I decided to put it in my laptop, and it installs just fine. However, when I go to open it, the game will go to full-screen, but crashes before my cursor changes to the game cursor. Does anybody know how to fix this? I have always wanted to play it on a Windows XP computer using the CD.

Specifications
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 2 (32-bit)
Model: IBM ThinkPad T43
This could be caused by any number of things... Does an error code pop up when it crashes? There's really not a lot of information here to go off of.
Team CoasterTech

Ummm....as far as I know, an error code does not appear when the game crashes. My computer has an ATI graphics card built into it.
I'd try reinstalling the game and if it still doesn't work check to see which version of DirectX you have installed. It'll require version 9.0 or higher.
Team CoasterTech

While I did not uninstall and reinstall the game, my DirectX log says I have version 4.09.

EDIT: I have installed DirectX 9.0c and it still did not help.
Well, at least one issue was dealt with. I would try reinstalling the game now, hopefully it's an issue caused by files bein installed improperly and nothing more severe.
Team CoasterTech

Sorry for the late response. Anyways, I actually tried reinstalling the game and it kept on crashing after it installed.

What should I do now if I don't want to spend my money on another game and what should I do if I do feel like buying something?
Well, if you want to buy a cheap replacement that's in the same genre you could grab RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack on Steam. I believe it's $10 normally and somewhere between 3 and 5 during a sale, not to mention there's still a large community supporting it with new content, mods, etc.

If you don't want to purchase something else... honestly I'm not too sure. There has to be a hardware/software issue on your PC that is preventing the game and your rig from playing nice, although I wouldn't be able to see it unless I was personally there to diagnose it. My apologies for that.

Regardless of what you do next I do hope you eventually resolve the issue and try out more great games in the genre, and I'm sorry again that I can't be of more help to you.
Team CoasterTech