Finally installed Rct 3... no seriously

Hi,

I was once dcornel on RCT sites and stayed obsessed with RCT2 for a long time.  I was the last VIP park on RCT2 but sadly made my best parks long after other people moved on.  Why it has taken so long for me to delve into 3 is just how much time it took for me to learn to create the way I wanted in 2.  I made almost all of my own build pieces and revelled in the challenge of creating a very realistic looking park with the blocks etc... available to me.  Now I'm a noob again and have to start at the beginning.  I need to find out what hack programs are out there; what rides and toys I can download... it is going to take time.  By then, or even now, everyone will have moved on from this game as well, but that's OK.   I joined for tutorials.  Time to learn.
Welcome, if you still tinker around in RCT2 we have a healthy ORCT2 community here. As for RCT3 stuff it's generally best to venture to CSDepot/ShyGuy'sWorld for Custom Scenery (CS), Custom Tracked Rides (CTR's), and Custom Flat Rides (CFR's). As far as I know people don't hack RCT3 in the same ways that they hack RCT2, as most CS doesn't come with collision boxes.

If you want to take a look at some great tutorials for beginners I'd also highly suggest looking at Silvarret's old tutorials on his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXNL6nw2e9I - Here's one on terrapainting, I'd link the whole playlist but it seems to be gone so I'll create one later.
Team CoasterTech

I'd love to see some RCT2 work that you've done!
2 Time Build-It Winner (Phoenix and Talon)

Current projects: 
Bethlehem Steelworks (industrial-themed amusement park set in Bethlehem, PA)
(Jun 17, 2018, 04:50 PM)saxman1089 Wrote: I'd love to see some RCT2 work that you've done!

I was thinking about that.  I will take some screenshots of my last parks.  I made my own fantasy version of Canada's Wonderland and I'm really proud of the mountain.  

I'll get on this.  Thanks for asking.

(Jun 17, 2018, 02:23 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: Welcome, if you still tinker around in RCT2 we have a healthy ORCT2 community here. As for RCT3 stuff it's generally best to venture to CSDepot/ShyGuy'sWorld for Custom Scenery (CS), Custom Tracked Rides (CTR's), and Custom Flat Rides (CFR's). As far as I know people don't hack RCT3 in the same ways that they hack RCT2, as most CS doesn't come with collision boxes.

If you want to take a look at some great tutorials for beginners I'd also highly suggest looking at Silvarret's old tutorials on his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXNL6nw2e9I - Here's one on terrapainting, I'd link the whole playlist but it seems to be gone so I'll create one later.

Hey there.  I'm still a member of RCT2 so I'll drop in.  Does anyone still download parks and scenery?  I have a tonne of custom pieces if anyone wants them.
I'm sure people would download your stuff if you uploaded it, there are many users who don't use the forums that are "active" on site that would likely appreciate it.
Team CoasterTech