I hate that my first thread is a request for help... but here I am. :)

So after setting down RCT2 4 years ago I decided to finally install my RCT3 and extension packs.  I haven't learned yet to make my own custom scenery so I have been having a blast here and at CS Station downloading the amazing work of others.  However, and it is a big, annoying, frustrating 'HOWEVER'!  Less than a third of the scenery packs even show up in the game.  That or I don't know where to look for them, or am installing them incorrectly.

For example.  I just unsuccessfully installed Big Burger's Path Cover pack.  I unzipped.  I dragged the unzipped file, minus the readme etc... into the style/themed folder.  

When I started the game it was nowhere to be found.  

The same happened with APS  (also paths)  and a bunch of others that are not paths, but just plain scenery.  Not one single Old Spice pack showed up anywhere.

Why?  Please won't somebody tell me WHY?!!!!  Biggrin

I don't have platinum or any other more updated version of the game.  Could that be the reason?

If you do know and can help a gamer out, I'd be pretty grateful.

P.S.  Nice to be back playing the game.  I used to go by dcornel, so if you remember me, say 'hi'.
Go to the next scenery tab down. Where all the statues and things are. They should be there
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
Where are you looking?
If memory servers me right you have to unzip all files you download before placing them in the proper folder, 7zip is a good free way to do so.
Team CoasterTech

Thanks all!!
Id like to make my own custom scenery and CTRs too but I don't know how. Im making a wooden support pack that uses the existing Big Burger's Timber 2.0 pack and I can make custom structures using existing packs but that's it.
I'm having the same problem with paths I've downloaded and installed four of them and only one has shown up where are all the others.
(Jun 19, 2018, 06:24 PM)comguy Wrote: I don't have platinum or any other more updated version of the game.  Could that be the reason?

yes most cs wont work without platinum