I would love some advice on building my own CSOs.

So I downloaded the last downloadable version of SketchUp and the RCT3 plugins are not recognized by it.  Nor are they recognized by the newer online-only SketchUp.  Sooooo...

Is there anyone still building CSOs who can lead me in the right direction?  I don't want to buy any software, but I am happy to learn what I need to begin building.  What I don't know is what size to make the pieces I create since I don't seem to be able to find any recent plugin to go with the free software that seems to be available.  I made 100s of my own pieces for RCT2 and would like that same freedom in the "new" game.  

Can anyone help me out?  I would be extremely grateful and will share all of my CSOs online once I begin to get a hang of how to create them.

Thank you in advance.

Comguy
Unfortunately you need an older version of sketchup in order to make it work. I used to dabble a bit in creating CS a few years ago, it's an extremely complicated process but can be done with patience. There's a bunch of tutorials on youtube to help you out, but like I said you will have to find an earlier copy of sketchup somewhere. I would also suggest trying to contact Shyguy at Custom Scenery Depot as he still makes CS and networks with others who do also (Just found this out today actually). Best of luck!
(Aug 16, 2018, 05:14 PM)purvisbrad Wrote: Unfortunately you need an older version of sketchup in order to make it work. I used to dabble a bit in creating CS a few years ago, it's an extremely complicated process but can be done with patience. There's a bunch of tutorials on youtube to help you out, but like I said you will have to find an earlier copy of sketchup somewhere. I would also suggest trying to contact Shyguy at Custom Scenery Depot as he still makes CS and networks with others who do also (Just found this out today actually). Best of luck!

Thanks.  That's a good idea.
No problem best of luck!
Would that work for making custom tracks as well? I've been trying to figure out how to make customizable RMC topper and I box track as well as possibly the new "Raptor" track for some custom projects.
I'm not sure. I haven't ventured into that realm yet.