Vote for your favorite track! Round 290

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 290 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Stranger Things

[Image: 5bc02c00cdde6.jpg]

#2: Eldur Rokk

[Image: 5bc223b608e9d.jpg]

#3: Timberhawk

[Image: 5bc24b3b9c0b4.png]

#4: Moonbeam

[Image: 5bc32bcdb26e3.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Monday, October 22
stranger things very smooth production
And I thought last round was a good round... WOW, you guys really blew my expectations out of the water with this one, great job to all of our entrants!

Stranger Things: While I haven't ever watched the show (show? It is a show and not a movie right?) and am not familiar with the ride I can say that you've done a fantastic job with this one. You've managed to pull everything you've learned over your time together into one complete project and make a really great dark ride (something I must give you props for as I was never good at it myself). The few nitpicks I could possibly muster to throw your way all really get shot down by the fact that it's more of a dark ride than a standard roller coaster, so really I have nothing to critique other than please add connectors and flanges to the supports, lol. Really though, fantastic work and I hope to see more out of you of this quality.

Eldur Rokk: I thought Nozem came out of retirement for this one in all honesty, that scenery is stunning - but it isn't even the facades of the station that really catch me, take a look at that landscaping and pathwork! This is the stuff that rivals the old guard (Wilhelm, Silvarret, Nozem, etc.). The one thing about this project that prevents me from giving it an instant vote is the presentation though, and that I'll have to write a bit about: Yes, everything I could ever ask for in screens is there, beautiful landscaping, rockwork, facades, pathwork, the layout looks great in these, and you even have perfect support work (+10 points from me), but this is one of the rare cases where your POV hurts you more than helps you. Grammatical errors in the video (although minor and inconsequential) hurt the production value of the POV and I suggest you have someone proofread for you before making the final cut and uploading in the future, and more importantly framerate issues and jarring motions in the POV really hurt. I'm not sure if it's a combination of the two of those at all times in the POV, or if they alternate, but one can be fixed while editing your POV and the other is more of a layout issue. If framerate is the main issue here, feel free to PM me after the round and we can talk about some methods for mitigating that problem, if the jarring comes more from the layout that's another issue entirely. Regardless, this is still a fantastic entry even with its shortcomings and by far one of the best RCT3's we've seen recently. Stunning work once again on the landscaping and other scenery.

Timberhawk: What's the old saying? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me thrice I'm an idiot? Yeah it's something like that, lol, and you got me thrice. Took some 'heavy investigating work' to figure out just whose ride this was, ya got me. I should have known though, it's yet another solid entry from you like we've come to expect, although I should have known because I think we've all seen it before at least once, lol.

Moonbeam: I feel like I should have Boston, or ELO, or Earth Wind and Fire playing in the background while viewing your screens of this. It's like I'm looking through my screen into living snippits of the 80's and I absolutely love it. Can I have free tickets for the ride and any neighboring concerts if I give you season passes for ImmerWulf and Charmed Ridge? lol

Alright guys, you've put me in a position where I really have no idea which entry I'm going to vote for, all are very well done. I suppose I'll mull over my decision and return later in the week to cast my vote. Regardless, expect me to put all of them in the Featured Downloads section immediately following the conclusion of the round.
Team CoasterTech

If you are putting them in featured download, I'll be the first to upvote. I am going to mull this over and return with CC later.

This round has me thoroughly impressed. Ever nitpick I have is more of a "personal taste" nitpick. I must say I am very impressed by the RCT3 communities step up here, and honestly can't believe my eyes half of the time.

Stranger Things: Chris, you are right that Stranger Things is a TV show provided on Netflix. I’ll provide my thoughts on the rides story since I've watched the show several times now. The ride itself seems to follow the show very closely, however, like Chris said, if someone had never seen the show, they would have no idea what was going on if they hadn't seen the show. I would love to have seen more of the ride's queue. Other than that, I just saw a couple of places where your images could have been dressed up better/blended into the surroundings, but I understand the limitations of the game so I am willing to let that slide. My largest nitpick, again this is probably okay, but not what I would have done or seen a park do, is the style of the roller coaster. While the Vekoma SLC works, I think the ride would have worked better with a flying coaster or standard sit down. This has great potential and I am going to give it a 10/10

Eldur Rokk: This may be the best attempt at a Mack ride's we have seen in RCT3, period. While the layout does seem to struggle in its overall execution and intensity that the Mack rides punch in, it is as close as we are ever going to get in RCT3. I think the coaster is great, so let us move onto the theme. Themeing is good, but it doesn't tell a story, which is something I look for in a well-rounded entry. Even some of my own entries have had good stories, but lack the execution of the theme during the ride and queue: ie. Rage. Your station building looked very cluttered. Again, this is all CC, but the gates looked really bulky and it was just a lot. The plaza and areas around the queue were very well done, like Chris said, rivaling the old guard, and the buildings are amazingly well detailed. I think this is an amazing ride but right now, it's coming down to the overall execution of the story. 10/10

Timberhawk: This is another great looking ride. However, as Chris said, it's more of the same, so I just have to say, please try to make it stand out. That is what gets our attention. Right now, this ride is a 7/10. I think it just needs a bit more work.

Moonbeam: I remember you starting this coaster, and then updates just kinda died on it and I figured it was dead. Now to see it completed, whoa!!! Straight out of the Space Age! This has the makings of a great ride and the theme and execution of an even greater one. I am blown away and feel like I should be in an arcade playjng space invaders theme, listening to David Bowie’s Space Odessy, and riding your ride. Amazing ride and I have absolutely no nitpicks about it. 10/10

So, that's my CC. I am going to let this simmer on the back burner, listens to others thoughts on it, and will return with my decision, best of luck to all and let the games begin
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
Eldur rokk takes my vote for being the better of the two rct3 entries
Moonbeam took my vote, as I thought it was the best combination of layout, scenery, and overall feeling. The two 3D entries had really nice scenery work, but the coaster layouts weren't great. Timberhawk is good and may have won in a different field of entries, but just doesn't stand out compared to the other three.
2 Time Build-It Winner (Phoenix and Talon)

Current projects: 
Bethlehem Steelworks (industrial-themed amusement park set in Bethlehem, PA)
It's honestly very hard for me to judge anything that isn't made in rct3 Because rct3 ia the only game I really play
Voted for Elder Rokk in the end. All entries are amazing though, I 'm impressed! Eek
I voted for Moonbeam in the end. It was a tough choice. Best of luck to all
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect