Seoul Disney Resort Project

[Image: wvgooo-post-0.jpg]

Hello everyone! Since 2021, I've been working on a personal project called Seoul Disney Resort, which is my vision of what the next Disney Resort should look like. As this project has gotten so far, I felt like it was be a waste not to share my progress with others.

This entire project consists of my personal creations in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and unique logos, billboards, and signs which I created using Adobe Illustrator. This project truly shows the possibilities which a 2004 video game can still offer today.

So please, come along the journey and share your own opinions on my creations. I've gotten quite far already so expect a lot of updates in the next couple of weeks!

Follow me on Twitter by clicking here. I post regular small updates on this huge project and I'm trying to reach a bigger crowd. Thank you in advance!
[Image: wvgooo-post-1-4.jpg]

Let's start with the security gates which Guests have to use to enter the first official land: Park Promenade. Named after the esplanade in Hong Kong Disneyland, Park Promenade is the main route that takes Guests to the entrance gates and Cast Members to the backstage area.

As you can see, I've created custom signs which indicate many practical pieces of information.

The sign on the lamp post informs Guests that they're heading the right way for Seoul Disneyland (the official name for the park itself) and Guest Services.

All other signs on the security gates inform Guests that there are three different lanes: a standard lane, a disabled lane, and a Cast Member lane. On the left and right sides of the tents Guests can leave Park Promenade to head to the Seoul Disneyland Hotel and Disney Plaza (the shopping, dining and entertainment complex of the resort).

[Image: wvgooo-post-1-2.jpg]

Now, let's move on to the entrance of Seoul Disneyland, right in front of the Main Street Tunnel.

You read that right: the Main Street Tunnel. Just like Shanghai Disneyland, this entrance gateway isn't a functional railroad station. The main reason behind this is that mixing a nice shape in proportion to the rest of Main Street with a functional station is almost impossible in RCT3. Keep in mind that everything in this project is also Peep-friendly, so compromises had to be made.

Go Away Green is an important colour in all Disney Parks, including Seoul Disneyland. Instead of going for an aqua tinted green, like the one used in Disneyland Paris, I decided to go with the equivalent over at Walt Disney World. To me, this felt like something more natural in combination with the brown path.

That was it for now. Please check my Twitter here if you wish to see more updates!
Smile think its lookin good

(Aug 11, 2022, 12:27 PM)wvgooo Wrote: [Image: wvgooo-post-1-4.jpg]

Let's start with the security gates which Guests have to use to enter the first official land: Park Promenade. Named after the esplanade in Hong Kong Disneyland, Park Promenade is the main route that takes Guests to the entrance gates and Cast Members to the backstage area.

As you can see, I've created custom signs which indicate many practical pieces of information.

The sign on the lamp post informs Guests that they're heading the right way for Seoul Disneyland (the official name for the park itself) and Guest Services.

All other signs on the security gates inform Guests that there are three different lanes: a standard lane, a disabled lane, and a Cast Member lane. On the left and right sides of the tents Guests can leave Park Promenade to head to the Seoul Disneyland Hotel and Disney Plaza (the shopping, dining and entertainment complex of the resort).

[Image: wvgooo-post-1-2.jpg]

Now, let's move on to the entrance of Seoul Disneyland, right in front of the Main Street Tunnel.

You read that right: the Main Street Tunnel. Just like Shanghai Disneyland, this entrance gateway isn't a functional railroad station. The main reason behind this is that mixing a nice shape in proportion to the rest of Main Street with a functional station is almost impossible in RCT3. Keep in mind that everything in this project is also Peep-friendly, so compromises had to be made.

Go Away Green is an important colour in all Disney Parks, including Seoul Disneyland. Instead of going for an aqua tinted green, like the one used in Disneyland Paris, I decided to go with the equivalent over at Walt Disney World. To me, this felt like something more natural in combination with the brown path.

That was it for now. Please check my Twitter here if you wish to see more updates!
Great to see more big realistic RCT3 parks!
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!