My current monitor...

Another question I have is about a good monitor.

I have read that CRT monitors are best for RCT3. It's said that LCD monitors produce "ghosting".?. Not too sure what that is. I know "refresh rate" has some importance also.

This is the current monitor I have. Do I need a new monitor? If so, what is mine lacking for RCT3?

Thanks again for any help...

My montior:

0.24 mm Diagonal Dot Pitch, 0.20 mm Horizontal Dot Pitch
Produces extremely clear images and text at every resolution.
Dynaflat Infinitely Flat Tube
Truly flat screen, undistorted images from edge to edge, less eyestrain because there is no horizontal or vertical curvature on the screen.
1280x1024 maximum resolution
Maximum supported refresh rate 1280x1024 @ 66Hz.
Recommended mode 1024x768 @ 85Hz
Onscreen Display Directorâ„¢ User Controls
Easy to use onscreen adjustments to contrast, brightness, horizontal and vertical size and position, image shape, language select, video level, save and recall, manual degauss
Smart IIIâ„¢ Surface Treatment
Provides anti-glare and anti-static protection
Dimension
16.2" x 16.4" x 16.5" (W x H x D)
VESA DPMS, Energy Star, NUTEK Certified
PC and Mac Compatible
Plug & Plug Compatible
My monitor is a 19" LCD.
I've had it for about a year, and I haven't got anything against it....
I'm not quite sure what the ghost-ing-thing shold do, but I've never had any problems at all, with it..

I now that my LCD flat-screen-monitor has a lower refresh rate. (I Think it's 60Hz or somthing like that)
But I guess that's what makes the better to look at for hours and hours.(playing RCT3, of course)

I would re-phrase an old saying, and say:
Once you've gone flat, you'll never go back...
Pardon my french, I'm danish.. Eekops:
Monitors shouldnt affect your experience at all unless you are really want more quality or are a uber gamer.

Cheers, Tikitiki
[Image: 7.jpg]
Ghosting is caused when the remains of the last image have not cleared off the monitor in time for the new image to be displayed. Any TFT LCD monitor made after about 2004 hasn't really suffered from this problem tho.

If you have the cash required, buy LCD. It's smaller, sharper and doesn't strain your eyes at high resolutions. When playing games, look for a LCd's monotors response times. anything under 16ms is good for games. LCD monitors of yesteryear had response times of 25ms+, hence the ghosting.

Only downside to LCD? On some brands, unless you run things at the monitors optimal resolution, images or games can look fuzzy or jagged. but good brands manage to overcome this problem too...
[Image: banner.png]

Member Of The Month: March 2006
I just got this new computer, and with it came a 19" Dell LCD monitor upgrade. I haven't seen any difference between the monitors, between my old CRT on and this LCD one. The LCD really clears up space on my desk, though Biggrin
RCTgo.net - over 750 RCT3 Downloads
Thanks for all of your help.

The monitor I have now is great and clear (the one listed in the begining of this thread. So, once I get RCT3 and start playing, I will have a better idea. Luckily, this monitor is a FLAT CRT. Maybe I'll upgrade someday, but seems like everyone agrees this will be fine.

Thanks a bunch.

joey