"Internet error" message when trying to update?? <Solved>

Hi
This is my first time posting though I regularly lurk and read messages.

I appreciate any ideas you might have as to whats causing the problem I'm having checking for updates.
My laptop was rebuilt yesterday after it had gone totally pear shaped, and now my games are playing fine, but when I tried to check for any updates after I had installed RCT3 and the 2 add ons, it keeps coming up in the grey box "internet error".
I've tried with the firewall turned off (I'm running Macafee) but it still makes no difference, though it solved the issue I was having with downloading extras for Zoo tycoon2
Is there something else I can try?

Any help appreciated
Ta
Lisa
I have a laptop to, and I get the same sort of error :?:
It really bugs me, And I would love some help to, and welcome to the rct3x forum.
[Image: image.png]
New Disney Expansion pack, is it true
I had the same problem (I have +soaked and wild)
After installing the patches, the problem disappeard.
RCT3 patchtable
Pardon my french, I'm danish.. Eekops:
I've installed the wild patch 2 and the problem has been resolved.

Thanks
Lisa
glad to help
I get that prob with my laptop and desktop... i think once you download the patches, there's no updates available hence why you no longer get the internet failure msg.
If there are any more upadates, wonder if it'll show up again.
@ Mstokesy

I don't think that you're right about that one.
With the internet failure message, it can't even check for updates, but after patching it up, the program connects, and checks for updates...

Then the message is: "allready up-to-date"
(also because of the patches, of course)
But at least, now it's able to check for updates..
the real problem is that when wild was first realesed they set the updates on thats updater for USA which made it unusable for people in other countires so then wild update 2 came out to fix the issue so it can get updates for your country
[Image: jag100banner.gif]