-RELEASED- Sierra Amusement Park (Typhoon Tycoons)

Dowload by clicking on the large red title below. It isn't too difficult to see.

For those who do not go on the Atari Forums, there is a competiton called Battle of the Forums, which I am taking part in. There are five teams (Mindtrap, Waterproof Bullfrogs, MoNsTeR, Myriad Designs and Typhoon Tycoons) where each week one team makes a two challenges for the other four teams, so two groups of two teams go head to head each wek. Understand? Probably not, but nevermind...

Our team: The Tycoon Typhoons

PTSS (captain)
Zonga
Nuclear Fish
Satriales
tyc00n10
Six Flags
So, last week the first challenge was up:

Myriad Designs vs. Typhoon Tycoons: Create an origional park with a 1920's out-and-back woodie using no block brakes (not more than 40 ft high), a unique Arrow corkscrew, and a Togo stand-up.

After ten days we've finally finshed in time for the deadline, so here are some screenshots of our group park thingy (taken by tyc00n10)...

Sierra Amusement Park

[Image: final1tj0.jpg]

^ The corkscrew coaster, called High Desert Demon, with the Clocktower Droptower in the background.

[Image: final2em0.jpg]

^ The woodie, called Sierra Lightnin', and railway, called Sierra Express.

[Image: final3hv4.jpg]

^ The Togo stand-up, called Boulder Dash.

[Image: final4cs4.jpg]

^ Part of the midway.

[Image: final6ca1.jpg]

^ A view of the Clocktower Droptower and High Desert Demon from the midway.

[Image: final7qb2.jpg]

^ Another screenshot of Sierra Lightnin'.

[Image: final9wn7.jpg]

^ And finally looking up at the Clocktower Droptower!

Hope you all like it, the download will be posted here as soon as it is at the Atari forums. No idea how long that will be, since we're still waiting for one of the teams' parks. I've also started making a video which I'll post here when done...

Many thanks to the rest of the team (not so much Six Flags, as he wasn't there most of the time, but I'll thank him all the same).

I really can't be bothered to say who did what as I can't remember, but in case you were wondering, I did the corkscrew track, station, and a bit of theming here and there. Seeing as half the members of the team are now members of RCT3X, I'm sure they'll tell you what they did.

Hope you all like it.

[Image: nfnukesigzr4.png]
very nice hope yous win
I hope we win too!

And for matters of interest, I did the theming on High Desert Demon, the trains, and theming and station on Boulder Dash.
Hey, somebody actually noticed the names. I know they're bad but we were short on time.

As for what I did:

The wooden coaster (track, scenery, teraforming, station)
Stand-up (track)
Trams (everything)
And then some other random stuff which really doesn't matter.
Zonga Wrote:Hey, somebody actually noticed the names. I know they're bad but we were short on time.

Well, I only noticed them because I had to check them while posting this read. And yes, they are pretty bad... except for Clocktower Droptower. Smile

Zonga Wrote:And then some other random stuff which really doesn't matter.

Hey, everything matters! If you hadn't have added those random bits, it wouldn't look as good as it does now.
Yeah, they matter, but not too much considering our competition, or lack of.
I like your park, although there's loads of custom scenery in there!

Smile
[Image: newsig.gif]
Click here to visit my blog! If you haven't already then why not visit RCT3Madness
what customs did you use for the clocktower - that looks amazing!
[Image: atabanner.jpg]

^ Not sure, you'll have to ask Satriales. He did everything for the clocktower.

Anyway, you can see the competition thread on Atari forums here. If you are a member there, be sure to vote! (for us) There's a download somehwhere on that page, but I'll put one in the first post here in a few minutes.

EDIT: to download, click on the large red title saying 'Sierra Amusement Park' Or, if you are lazy like me and can't be bothered, click here.
Great looking park Smile

Good luck wining.