American Adventure has closed!

Wow, I remember going there when I was 10 and going on the log flume....it was just an amazing park...except for my one visit when I went and returned with headlice!

Anyway any thoughts anyone?

Smile
[Image: newsig.gif]
Click here to visit my blog! If you haven't already then why not visit RCT3Madness
Yeh this was my local park to. I think After granada pulled out from the American Adventure it just slowley went downhill. I did think at first rodger loyed made a big mistake in removing the missile, now sold to Pleasurewood Hills as wipeout and the log flume, However when he wanted and attempted to make the change from a major theme park to a family park i think he started going in the right direction by introducing kiddy/family rides. But his efforts just came to late.

One thing thats puzzleing me though is most things apart from the newer rides introced midway through the last seson like rascle rocket and the mini mine rush ect are still intact. the boats that go accross the lake are not on the pathways but are instead still in the water. The gondalers on the high seara havnt been removed as they normaly are during the closed season and still look as though its ready to be operated at any time.

One major and bizzare thing was the removel of the Log flume. Yes they did remove the log flume but not all of it. The origanal log flume had only 2 drops and they still remain but the 3rd drop that was later added to the ride was removed.

Another major and puzzleing factor is that the land AA is on was leased from the council for the period of a 100 year lease. As the rent figure may be close to £180,000 per year, it is still a substantial amount to pay out if the park is inactive. Back in the old holiday park application they indicated that they would seek other ways to cover the rent in the event of the park closing.

The land is zoned for 'leisure' use, not necessarily a theme park, but the lease excludes retail use other than that connected directly to the park activities. This would rule out development of a retail based attraction with small craft shops or factory outlets, unless the lease can be re-negotiated and/or planning permission sought for change of use. And just to make things more confussing there is evidence that there may have been an attempt by Ventureworld to buy the site during the summer in a document stating

"A declaration of a personal interest was made by Councillor B C Lucas in Agenda Item 8(b), Proposed Sale of Land, Shipley Country Park, as a Member of the Ventureworld Liaison Group" on page 1, and

"Proposed sale of land at Shipley Country Park – Strategic Director, Corporate Resources (contains information relating to the business affairs of a particular person(s)" on page 9.

It is not hard evidence, but if a councillor on a liaison group with Ventureworld cannot take part in a discussion about sale of land at Shipley Country Park, who must they have considered selling it to? Unfortunately the discussion that took place was behind closed doors so the document does not indicate if the sale was approved or not. If Ventureworld had bought the land, it would make the park a great deal more saleable.

There are reports on Coasterforce and Talk Flamingo that Flamingoland have bought Mini Mine Rush, and from the sound of it either the 3D Cinema or 4D Motion Master and the old Black Hole laser dodgems. There are also rumours that Twin Looper and the Runaway Train are sold, buyer unknown. Looks like it might be bargain time for smaller parks again, although with ex-PleasureLand stuff knocking about the market could end up over saturated!

PIctures of the park and some of the newer rides removed can be found here
Taken a couple of weeks ago by colin peake.

Shaun
Shame really, its sad to see any parks closing....nevermind, Thorpes my nearest park and offically my HOME!!
No surprises here, not after they got rid of all the good rides. I pass this park every Friday on the way to college... shame I won't be seeing it for much longer.
[Image: nfnukesigzr4.png]
Shame Frown

Darn too many people having theme parks near there home the nearest one to me is drayton manor
[Image: jag100banner.gif]
I have no parks near me. The nearest good parks are about 200 miles away for me Frown
[Image: 2v2d0uv.png]
Jag100 Wrote:Shame Frown

Darn too many people having theme parks near there home the nearest one to me is drayton manor

Anything wrong with that?

Smile
[Image: newsig.gif]
Click here to visit my blog! If you haven't already then why not visit RCT3Madness