Unable to Save Game or Campaign Progress

Hi I'm new here but have been playing RCT since RCT1.

This is the first time though I have encounted any issue with the game and it is preventing me from doing anything after this happens. I'm a software engineer and this would be a classed as a critical issue in my workplace.

Basicly I go into the game and start the first scenario in Wild and attempt to save the game. I get the following error
Quote:Failed to open file. It may be set to read-only, you man have insufficient access rights, or the disc may be full.

When this happens I'm unable to load any new game, save, access any of the tools, all I can do is quit or continue playing and end up with nothing being saved.

I've played RCT3 Original and Soaked campaigns without any issues at all.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, 4GB RAM, 500GB SATA2 HDD (with 2TB Extra HDD Space). The RCT3 Folder does have the Read-Only box coloured in (not tickeked) and I'm unable to clear it. I'm also the only user on the computer and have full access permissions.

I have attached a capture of the RCT3 window and the folder properties.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

try setting it to hidden.
if that doesn't work...you may have to re-install the game.
if it STILL has the problem, play it on a diffrent computer.
if it STILL has the problem somthing must be wrong with the disk or somthing on the disk must be corrupted...you may have to buy another game. if you cant afford it, you might be able to get a replacement copy ( i dont know if you can.) and that should solve your problem. Smile
I don't believe that you can get a replacement copy. I wouljd just buy a new game if I were you.
I think the game isn't saving on the external driver
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]
But what does the external driver have to do with this? I think something is just corrupted.
Didn't you read his description?
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]
I did, but I don't ever remember my RCT3 manual say anything about using the External Driver.
Frown im confuzed.Here is my folder,mine saves fine and my rct3 folder is read only
signature your as this put then backwards this read to enough smart are you if

Ive Got An Account On www.Vodhin.org,My User Name Is SRTWoPRo
I had the same problem. I've found out what the problem was and got a (partly) sollution.

First my situation:
- Old PC save games not on C:\ disk but on D:\ disk
--> I told windows 7 that 'my document directory' had to be moved from the C:\ to the D:\
--> C:\ is my ssd disk, and the D:\ is a normal hdd to store data

New situation:
- I've got a new PC with a ssd disk as C:\ disk. (just as the prefious PC)
--> I put the normal D:\ disk from my old pc, in my new PC wich become also the D:\ disk
--> Again I told my new windows that 'my document directory' had to be moved from the C:\ to the D:\
--> So the new PC has the 'RTC3' directory with al my progress in the 'my documents' directory

Problem:
- I got the fault: "Failed to open file. It may be set to read-only, you man have insufficient access rights, or the disc may be full"

Problem Explained:
- In the 'RTC3' directory in the 'my documents' you find files with the name 'RCT3.fc' wich causing the problem
--> You find them at least in the next directories:
----> Mydocuments\RTC3\Parks\ (save games for campains)
----> Mydocuments\RTC3\Start New Scenarios\ (downloaded senarios)

- In those 'RCT3.fc' files (wich i didn't try to change because some type of encoding) you find full directory paths to the save games.
- In my situation the game couldn't reach those directories on my new pc for some reason.

Solution:
- Delete the two 'RCT3.fc' files (RTC3\Parks\ & RTC3\Start New Scenarios\)

- ADVANTAGE:
--> game will start up normal with all the campaign process and no faults.
--> You can start downloaded (custom) senario's
--> You can load saved custom senario's

- Disadvantage:
--> You can't open old saved games in a campaign.
--> So if you finished 5 missions in the campaign en you saved a game in the 6th mission you have to restart the 6th mission from the beginning. (progress in the campaign is NOT lost, so you don't have to play the first 5 missions again)

hope this will help you too.
(Oct 14, 2010, 06:11 AM)m4cc4s Wrote: Hi I'm new here but have been playing RCT since RCT1.

This is the first time though I have encounted any issue with the game and it is preventing me from doing anything after this happens. I'm a software engineer and this would be a classed as a critical issue in my workplace.

Basicly I go into the game and start the first scenario in Wild and attempt to save the game. I get the following error
Quote:Failed to open file. It may be set to read-only, you man have insufficient access rights, or the disc may be full.

When this happens I'm unable to load any new game, save, access any of the tools, all I can do is quit or continue playing and end up with nothing being saved.

I've played RCT3 Original and Soaked campaigns without any issues at all.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, 4GB RAM, 500GB SATA2 HDD (with 2TB Extra HDD Space). The RCT3 Folder does have the Read-Only box coloured in (not tickeked) and I'm unable to clear it. I'm also the only user on the computer and have full access permissions.

I have attached a capture of the RCT3 window and the folder properties.

>>>>>  I was successfully able to get rid of this irritating message box and problem by simply changing the settings of my Documents/RCT3 folder. I had decided i wanted to view hidden items so i changed the folder settings to view them, then all of a sudden i started having issues with the game. Once I un-did what I had done... and reset the folder to have hidden items, made sure it wasn't in "read-only" and restarted the game, I didn't get that stupid message anymore! Simple! Smile