Boulder Leisure Park [RCT3]

The American Bicentennial
August 1976, 10th Season

Hello!

Welcome to Boulder Leisure Park! My name is Robert Clarke, and I am the Public Relations Manager for the park.

Our park started out as a small endeavor 10 years ago in Boulder, Colorado. Over time, it has grown and is now one of the town's premier summer family destinations.

I've been instructed to increase publicity by updating park guests, like yourself, about what's happening here at the park. I am here to post photos periodically, and also to listen to your comments and take suggestions for the park. I've already been reporting on the park in other media outlets. If you like, you can catch up here: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtop...=3&t=56710

Right now, it's 1976, the American Bicentennial, which also happens to be our 10th Season of operation. Earlier today, we announced a major addition for next year:

[Image: Sunburst.png]

Quote:Boulder, CO - Guests at Boulder Leisure Park next summer will have yet another reason to scream and shout. The park plans to add their 6th roller coaster next year, Sunburst.
    Riders on Sunburst will experience one of the most unique and technologically advanced roller coasters in the world. Designed by the famous Anton Schwarzkopf, Sunburst is one of his new shuttle loop designs. Using a weight-drop mechanism, riders in the train will be launched forward on the track at speeds of up to 50 miles per hour.
    After riders are launched out of the station, they will first be turned upside down in an inverting element known as a vertical loop. The train will then ascend the front spike of the ride, more than 120 feet tall. Riders will then travel backwards down the spike and through the loop. The train will rush through the station and travel partway up the rear spike before slowly returning back to the station building.

Sunburst will debut when the park opens next May.

[Image: SunburstPromo.jpg]

Earlier today I managed to get a few other photos of the park.

[Image: BoulderLeisureParkLogo.png]
August 1976, 10th Season

Hello Boulder!

Have you heard about our big announcement? We can't wait for Sunburst to open next year, so I've got a construction picture for you. Hopefully this one can help you compare with the concept art:

[Image: Shot0484.jpg]

Anyway, I managed to get a few more pictures around the park today. It was getting late by the time I got out of the office, but I ended up with some really cool night shots:
[Image: Shot0447.jpg]
Boulder Railway is still popular - its one of the most-ridden rides in the park!

[Image: Shot0477.jpg]
It started to get dark quickly. At least Mad Mouse is all lit up!

[Image: Shot0478.jpg]
Guests always try to squeeze in one last ride before it's time to head out for the night.

Anyway..... Sorry for such a long introduction! Please let me know what you think.

Have a great day!

-Robert Clarke
PR Manager
Boulder Leisure Park

September 1976, 10th Season

Hello again,

Boulder Leisure Park is winding down for the season - just one month left! Be sure to come and get in one last visit to the park if you can.

I've been flooded with work since the announcement of Sunburst, so it wasn't until very late that I was able to get these shots:

[Image: Shot0479.jpg]
Washington's Whirl has been doing well all season - everybody seems to love it!

[Image: Shot0480.jpg]
Rocky Rumbler prepares to give one last ride for the night.

[Image: Shot0481.jpg]
Guests love Rocky Rumbler's crazy twisting drop!

[Image: Shot0482.jpg]
Lakeside Dipper is also doing great! Everyone seems to get fooled by the pre-drop!

[Image: Shot0483.jpg]
All of the guests have cleared out by now, but El Furioso is still all lit up.

Have a great night!

-Robert Clarke
PR Manager
Boulder Leisure Park
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Looks like a pretty nice park to me.
I'm currius to that sunburst ride, looks like a good coaster to me.
But are you going to custom support your woodie?
^Thanks for the compliment, glad you like the park! I will not custom support the woodies, because it would create even more lag (I already have plenty), and it is time consuming and that time could be better spent making other improvements to the park.

More to come tomorrow.
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Looks like a great park. Can't wait to download it!
^Thanks! There's an old download at the link to TPR in my first post, and a new one will be posted in about a month. I've been working on some major renovations to the park and I will post a download once everything is finished.
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
I saw the Doughnut's Paratrooper in one of the photos, but how much CS will this use?
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]
Boulder Leisure Park uses quite a lot of CS and also requires both expansion packs. I understand that this is unfortunate for some, but in order to incorporate certain rides relevant to the time period, this was necessary.

The download and all relevant information about CS is on this page:
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtop...&start=100
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Wow, that was a fast response!

Thanks!
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]
^No problem! I make it my goal to respond to every comment, so I have it set up to get an email instantly when anybody responds (any post on 5 forums). It comes in on my phone right away, so here I am! Thanks for your interest!
September 1976, 10th Season

Hello again,

It's once again the end of the season for Boulder Leisure Park. Hard to believe that 10 years ago we were just wrapping up our first season.

I managed to get a few photos of the last day for you:

[Image: Shot0487.jpg]
Grand Wheel was full almost all day!

[Image: Shot0474.jpg]
Ecstatic Elephants is still one my personal favorite rides in the park.

[Image: Shot0443bmp.jpg]
I've been told that this area will be repaved for next season.

[Image: Shot0444.jpg]
This area will also be repaved.

[Image: Shot0466.jpg]
Bumpers looks as good as ever.

[Image: Shot0475.jpg]
Mad Mouse was really running great this year!

[Image: Shot0442.jpg]
This area already looks nothing like it once did - imagine what it'll look like next year with Sunburst!

[Image: Shot0445.jpg]
Have a great off-season!

We'll see you next year!

-Robert Clarke
PR Manager
Boulder Leisure Park
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
^ Thanks!
----------------------------------------------
May 1, 1977
11th Season

Hello Boulder!

We're back for our 11th season, and this year we're thrilled to debut Sunburst, our first looping coaster.

Welcome back:
[Image: Shot0489.jpg]
This area sure looks different with Sunburst!

[Image: Shot0490.jpg]
First run of the seson!

[Image: Shot0491.jpg]
This area sure looks good with the new paved walkways.

[Image: Shot0492.jpg]
Grand Wheel sure has a long line!

[Image: Shot0494.jpg]
Modern Motorcars is doing great as well.

[Image: Shot0493.jpg]
More next time...

Have a great day!

-Robert Clarke
PR Manager
Boulder Leisure Park

May, 1977
11th Season

Hello again,

I've got a ton of great pictures of the park today, Sunburst in particular. Take a look!

[Image: Shot0496.jpg]
Loading the first train of the day. The park must not be too busy yet!

[Image: Shot0498.jpg]
Up the front spike!

[Image: Shot0500.jpg]
This new refreshment center was also added.

[Image: Shot0501.jpg]
We also added this small arcade.

[Image: Shot0505.jpg]
The entire back half of the park was related over the offseason.

[Image: Shot0499.jpg]
This area sure looks different!

I'll be back with another update soon. Until then, have a great day!

-Robert Clarke
PR Manager
Boulder Leisure Park
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects