Game wont start. freezes computer instead.

Okay, usualy i would go to my McAfee module and then find the game in my aplication list, bock it, find it again, approve it, save, put in the game and it would start up just fine. But latley i havent been able to play. It just freezes my comp to the point where i can only open the disk drive and then turn off my computer and usually it's after the menu pops up and i press play. No warnings pop up or anything. my graphic card and my sound card and everything else it to the games standards. I have a windows XP with dell help center and McAfee installed. There's tons of free space on it. i havent used it from 10/1/10 - 11/26/10. <--- i think this could be important. what else i think could be important is that my McAfee module has stopped asking me if i want to save my firewall settings.

i am willing to re-install my game if i have to because most of my parks i either don't like or dont play anymore.

also somthing very untrelated to this problem:
when i take a picture it doesn't save to my RCT3 folder in my pictures but videos save just fine.

***UPDATE***
i'm sure most of you are thinking "why dont you jut clean the disc?" well...THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT MY COUSIN SAID!!! and guess what? i cleaned the disc and IT STILL FROZE MY COMPUTER!!!
and it's FREEZING my computer NOT CRASHING IT!!!
so please...help me because i really want to know what's wrong with my game. Frown
Perhaps re-install it, or buy a new one. I'm not sure.
(Dec 21, 2010, 11:21 PM)$up3rM@n Wrote: Perhaps re-install it, or buy a new one. I'm not sure.

yeah i probaly should. Angel
like i said. i am willing to. but if there are anymore suggestions i would like them.
im not ready to give up just quite yet.
something is wrong with your anti virus. it's maybe blocking your game. what you can do is freeze your anti virus when you open the game.
(Feb 17, 2011, 09:27 AM)ron77hays Wrote: something is wrong with your anti virus. it's maybe blocking your game. what you can do is freeze your anti virus when you open the game.

i dont know how to do that. and yeah ur probaly right. but it never did that before, well when i reset the setting for it to allow it run. and now when i do it still does that so maybe its not just my firewall blocking it any more....hmmmm i'll have to think more on that one. my antivirus is up-to-date now so i may try agian later on. until then, are there any other suggestions you have?