Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11)

Hmm, Good park on a bad pc? Tongue
^I'm really pushing it with NPG...!
---------------------

Newport Pleasure Gardens is going on a short hiatus...

[Image: KtRhz.png]
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
----------------

[Image: RGhkT.png]

Announcing... the Newport Pleasure Gardens Trivia Contest! I know October 3 is a long way away, and I don't want to leave you guys hanging! While I continue to work on the park, this game will be going on to help pass the time. It should be fun, so here's how it works:

How to Play:
For the next three weeks, I will be releasing one or two "trivia facts" about NPG every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The last three weeks, I'll be posting several questions about these facts and about other NPG-related material. Anything posted in this thread is fair game for the questions. If you think you know the answer, simply post in this thread with the answer and a short explanation of how you figured it out, if an explanation is necessary. On October 3 when the park returns, the top three players will be announced and they will win exclusive prizes according to their ranking. These prizes will be announced at the beginning of the three-week question period.

Trivia Fact #1:
Did you know... Newport Pleasure Gardens was originally intended to be a recreation of Kings Island? I realized quickly that the project would be too ambitious for me at that time, and Newport Pleasure Gardens was created!

Trivia Fact #2:
Did you know... You are actually seeing multiple parks in this thread? The first few pictures posted were of an entirely different park, which was intended to become Newport Pleasure Gardens. What you're seeing now is a ground-up renovation of the original park!

If you have any questions about how to play, post them here.

-gci2011
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
(Aug 22, 2011, 09:48 PM)gci2011 Wrote: ^I'm really pushing it with NPG...!

lol I can get about 2000 in game trees before lag. Rolleyes Then again i can only use about 100 old spice trees before lag. T_T
Haha, use DasMatze's Instant Wood. They work great for me, no lag at all Smile
---------------------

Trivia Fact #3:
Did you know... Monstrum was originally going to be a racing coaster? With the Kings Island inspiration fresh in mind, I had originally planned to construct dual wooden racing coasters. After I began to move away from this theme, it became a single-track coaster.

More trivia to come on Monday. Prizes for the three-week question period will be announced next Wednesday, so be sure to keep an eye right here!
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Ok here's Trivia 1 answer from me: yes I know a long time it was Kings Island recreation then it became Newport Pleasure Gardens
USA Fun And Blast Is great Company to plan and design any Park so if any parks need an buyer then USA Fun And Blast is there to help.
^Let me explain...

Through the rest of this week and all of next week, I will be posting these trivia facts. After that, I will be asking trivia questions. If you get enough of those right, you could win one of out exclusive prizes. Prizes will be revealed at the beginning of next week.
-----------------

Trivia Fact #4
Did you know... Thunder River was originally named Jungle River Rapids? The ride name was simply too long. I had originally planned to tear out the children's playground and add it there. Let's just say, other plans would have gotten in the way...
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Trivia Fact #5:
Did you know... that Mine Trail was a last-minute addition? The attraction that would have been added that year is not nearly as fun, but it'll still show up later. I decided to deviate from the plan because I felt that the Mine Town area wasn't quite complete; the Mine Trail literally brought it full-circle!
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Trivia Fact #6:
Did you know... that Falcon was one of the first coasters I planned for the park? After I built Monstrum, I built the hills you see around the lake. I planned then that I would eventually build an Arrow Suspended Coaster on them, but Hill Runner was added to fill up time so that Falcon would be realistic.
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Hello everybody,

Before I post today's trivia fact (to make up for yesterday), I'd like to say that one year ago today, I joined the RCT3 community with this:

[Image: BoulderCityLeisurePark-1.jpg]

Just look through this thread, and you'll see how far I've come - all thanks to your help. I really appreciate the comments, criticism, and support I've received over the last year. I appreciate everybody's support, but there are a few people in particular I'd like to thank:

Ace of Spades, TPR - Ace followed Boulder Leisure Park from it's earliest days over at TPR, and was never too shy to criticize and critique my work. I know that his tips have definitely helped me improve.

Krypt, SGW - Your brief tenure on TPR helped pull me out of there as well - it was holding me back. Your comments and suggestions mean a lot to me.

Tiger, TPR/SGW - I always love seeing comments from you! You've also followed me over from TPR, and I appreciate that. Thank you for continually commenting and critiquing - it helps keep me going!

RCInsider, SGW - Though I haven't known you for as long, your logos are amazing and helpful and your exciting personality always makes me happy!

ericm95, TPR/RCTLounge/SGW - Your parks are a great inspiration to me, and I appreciate that you've followed me across all of these forums. As one of my earliest supporters, I really love to hear what you have to say!

Anyways, on to the trivia. Prizes for the contest will be announced tomorrow, though it won't officially start until next week!

Trivia Fact #7
Did you know... the entire plan for Newport Pleasure Gardens has been written since May? I keep a detailed timeline of the park's additions, removals, and other events written out, and continually add things and change others as I go. It's a great creative process and helps keep me on track!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for the prizes!
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects